• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Taking the next big step

Guest JeepGirl90

Guest JeepGirl90

I actually did it, I'm working on taking my next big step since starting HRT. I am setting up for my name and gender marker change. Talked to a lawyer today about what needs to be done, in 2 weeks I got to go to their office and drop of a copy of my birth certificate, Driver's licence, Social security card, and Fingerprints, plus money to put in an announcement of my intended name change/gender marker in the newspaper, not overy thrilled about that part, but it is what it is. Just wanted to share the good news :D don't get too much of it but when I do get good news it just that much better!!

-Christina

Guest rikkicd64

Wow Christina, that is really great news, I am very happy for you dear, thanks for posting this good news, I was having a bad morning it helped me to be able to read something that is uplifting. Again, thank you for sharing.

Hugs, Rikki.....

• Admin

Great news, Christina. Congrats! The name change is one of the most significant steps in the whole transition process. At that point, you really leave the old you behind, and start your new life. It will be an exciting day. :goodjob:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations that's a great move forward!

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest JeepGirl90

well the birth cerificate thing will be interesting as I wasn't born in PA, I was born in Liverpool England, but I think they know how to deal with it

-Christina

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JeepGirl90

Just an update on this:

Last Wednesday i dropped my fingerprints and copys of my Drivers licence, SSI card and Birth Certificate, On Thursday I'm going to go meet with the lawyers to finalize everything and drop my payment for the newspaper add. So its progressing.

Congratulations Christina!

I'm sure you can't wait for the name and gender change to finalize. Name changes are rarely difficult. But gender changes can be more so, depending on which state you reside.

Pertaining to your birth certificate, I think what you will find is that the changes on the document will depend on the laws in Liverpool/Merseyside/England. I know in most states, the gender change won't happen until after GRS.

{{{Hugs}}}

Jenny

Guest JeepGirl90

OK cool, heard Pa. was difficult. Have to be post OP to change gender on certificate

On my Driver's license I don't have to be post op, it is actually pretty easy, My Birth Certificate is from England so I have no Idea how to do that yet but hopefully I'll have an answer soon.

-Christina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeepGirl90

Well heard back from my lawyer today, My court date is March 22, which is ALOT closer than they expected, which is really awesome actually, I'm so exicted I don't know what to do lol

-Christina

• Admin

Well heard back from my lawyer today, My court date is March 22, which is ALOT closer than they expected, which is really awesome actually, I'm so exicted I don't know what to do lol

-Christina

Major thing to do is think what you will wear to court, and then wait for it!!! LOL.

Guest JeepGirl90

LOL actually as weird as it sounds, I don't even need to be there...It can be handled without me in the court room which means I don't have to miss work.. its weird, but I think I want to go anyway

Guest JeepGirl90

Way hugely congrats! Are you having a coming out party on the day? Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

Its also payday at work, so yeah I think I need to do something lol

-Christina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeepGirl90

well had a small hiccup when they ran my background check 2 traffic tickets popped up however there is no record of it on my License with Philadelphia Traffic Court or with PENNDOT, do its like a phantom ticket. however I got papers from Traffic court showing I have zero balance owed and got it to the lawyers last week. I haven't heard anything else so I think I'm in good shape now, and Court date is on Friday, so less than a week .. and now I'm nervous as anything .... lol

-Christina

Guest JeepGirl90

Oh, I so know the nervious part! Giggle. Let's just hold hands and skip through this together. Hug. JodyAnn

Sounds like a plan Jody :)

-Christina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeepGirl90

Well an update on this, My court date was Friday, however I'm still waiting at this point to get my results, could take as long as the Friday after next. I think I'm more nervous now than I was before my court date about this lol

-Christina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeepGirl90

Another update, and the last one for this thread! I got a call from the Lawyer, Everything has now gone through and I got my final order for my name change!!! I am now one step closer to my true self and one step closer to get "him" out of my life forever. I am so estatic right now, it feels like a dream, just so happy right now!

hugs

Christina Tali

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeepGirl90

Well its all history now! After an epic day of running around just about everywhere possible, I have have my Drivers license changed to my correct name AND correct gender Marker! I also too care of my name change with SSI and with School, so "he" is now history, nothing more than a memory of what used to be. Do have a few more things to take care of fully, such as Bank Account, and Car Titles and fun stuff like that.

-Christina