• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My First Dress

Guest Guest_

Well after all these years and reading all the threads, and viewing so many photos of all the ladies here with dresses on I decided its time for me to get one. Granted all these years all I have worn were slacks and blouses I just decided its time. I went to my favorite Kohls store and found a sales lady and asked her if she would help me with my task. These folks are some of the best people you can find. We picked out several and she pointed me to the nearest dressing room, and accompanied me and waited outside if I needed any assitance. She asked to see me in each outfit so I stepped just outside the dressing room to get her approval. We both liked one dress as it fit me the best. Long sleeves, a dark gray in color with gold threads through out. It came to just above my knees. I was so thrilled how I looked and how it made me feel. Well I couldnt stop there so something else I done was I went and bought some lipstick and some of those press on nails that matched. I have not worn any make up since I was a child. I had a very bad experience as I was caught wearing makeup some 50 years ago. The following morning after the SO had gone to work I could hardley wait to get going into my fem mode. Let me tell you once I got done with everything (Wig, nails, lipstick, dress, jewelery, bra, panties, garter belt, lace stockings, heeIs) I could not believe how feminine I felt. I wore the outfit around the house all day. I even took several photos of myself which I would share if I only knew how. I have to say that I believe i would have no problems passing with just a little more work. Its amazing what you can feel and what you can discover about yourself if you just gives things a shot. Feeling more Feminine than I ever have. Amber L.

Guest Sarah Faith

Sounds like a wonderful experience Amber, and I'm sure you looked lovely with your new outfit. Happy to hear that the sales woman at the store was so helpful for you!

Guest Kattja

Hey Amber,

Way to go on the first of what I am sure will be many dresses :) That is what happened to me me with first skirt, now I have 13 hehe. I understand your situation with your makeup, I was caught as a child wearing my sisters dress by my father. Didn't turn out well either and it was about two decades before I put one on again.

I love hearing story's like this, thanks for shearing and happy to hear you also had a great experience at Kohls picking out what sounds like a lovely dress :)

Kattja Katt >^..^< Mew

Guest otter-girl

Way to go on the first of what I am sure will be many dresses :) That is what happened to me me with first skirt, now I have 13 hehe.

Kattja Katt >^..^< Mew

Ive got quite a few skirts but no dress. Ive always wanted to wear a nice summer dress. My next mission, which I have chosen to accept, is to find a dream dress. :) Then being in Scotland, a summer would be nice too.

Glad your dressing in a dress made your day Amber :)

Hugs

Rachel

Guest Guest_

Kattija: You were right. You are such a smart gal! I could not contain my self and went back to Kohls and purchased two of the other dresses I had looked at. I simply love them. Once I fiqure out how to make an album I will post them.

Hey Amber,

Way to go on the first of what I am sure will be many dresses :) That is what happened to me me with first skirt, now I have 13 hehe. I understand your situation with your makeup, I was caught as a child wearing my sisters dress by my father. Didn't turn out well either and it was about two decades before I put one on again.

I love hearing story's like this, thanks for shearing and happy to hear you also had a great experience at Kohls picking out what sounds like a lovely dress :)

Kattja Katt >^..^< Mew

Guest Kattja

Hehehe well that didnt take very long did it? Not that I have room to talk, from the time I said that I have picked up one skirt two pants three bras and two camys hehe I still have only two dresses so you have beat me on that one :) Yay you :)

Kattja Katt >^..^<