• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shoe size...

Guest Sascha

Guest sophia.gentry58

Hi girlz,

Sorry to gloat but im a 8- 9 1/2, with hands smaller than most cis girls and been referred to on several occasions as 'chicken wrists'. But im 6" 1' and have the shoulders of a swimmer (massive), it seems we all get gypped in one department but blessed in another Que Sara Sara i guess :) But the point being i used to work in a shoe store and was astonished by the number of women with size 10 + feet. The funny point however was how much that size would change depending on the sale.

Hi Nicole;

I know just what you mean about being blessed in one area and gypped in another. I wear 8 1/2-9 and have small hands with very skinny wrists; almost abnormally so. Unlike you though I'm only 5'6", but like you I have these massive shoulders for a male my height, which in my mind negates everything else. Oh well, what's a girl to do. :)

I did muse humorously so, at the thought of shoe sizes changing "depending on the sale" , that's funny!

Sophia

Guest Always Good

My feet are a foot long. That's right, a whole twelve inches. I can't wear high heels because I'm already 6'3". Basically just go with black shoes because black makes everything look smaller.

On the plus side my fingers are rather slender so fingerless gloves plus my new bracelet will give the illusion of small hands. I hope.

Oh and by the way, twelve inches is a size fifteen or sixteen. Yeah, ouch.

Guest Deenah

I don't wear heels all that often,but when i do there only 3-4" and of the thicker style heel. I love them but this time of year there is so many little stones on the sidewalk that it will throw you off ballance and but you on your butt.After that gets cleaned up i'll break out the nice heels that i have.

Never had a problem walking in heel,i guess it is just a natural for me,except for the darn escalators that we have in the mall.. lol gets me every time!!

Guest Jenn348

Hey Sascha, I'm a 9 1/2 but sometimes I go with a 10 if its more comfortable. Honestly a 10 isn't really that uncommon of a shoe size for a woman, it's a little larger than average but from what I've seen almost every shoe out there is made in a size 10.

When you look at your feet and you see "clown shoes" that's just a distorted self perception. I used to do the same thing, I was so deluded into thinking I had big feet that I wore size 12s (in a mans) and could never figure out why I always got blisters on my feet! In truth my feet are pretty tiny compared to most of my male friends. I used to get so depressed over the fact that a size 13/14 in a womens has such a limited selection of pretty shoes from most places. Fortunately I eventually measured my feet and realized they were way smaller than I thought!

Just looked at one of the better online shoe stores, looking at Pumps alone the difference in selection between a size 10 and a Size 14 for example.. is.. 2344 for a Size 10, and 28 for a size 14.. That's 2316 less options!

So yeah as you can see there is enough demand for size 10s that you have a huge selection, that realization was a huge help for me! :)

Wow. I just measured my feet to get a real idea of where I stand, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Like you, I wear men's size 12, but the shoes slip a lot and sometimes blister :( Thinking back on it, when I first started wearing size 12 I was like 13 and thought the shoes should be a bit big to leave growing room. Thank goodness the growth stopped.

I found my feet are only 10.5" long from big toe to heel, meaning I could wear a women's size 10 1/2. I've worn an 11 before and was surprised it fit. Guess that's why :)

Guest sophia.gentry58

I'm getting used to my 'deformities' as i bump into cis women who have the same issues.

GAH!

I hate that term!!!

You have no idea how many times hearing something like that has set me off on a Class A rant - poor Shi gets to sit and listen to it, lol.

Not ONE OF US is "deformed". The only standard is the lack of uniformity of real women - not these underfed, botox-engineered, size 0 mutants that kill themselves to support the fallacy of "perfection" that society has imposed on all of us women - regardless of the prefix you use.

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. ALL of us. Every last bloody one of us.

I swear to whatever god happens to be listening - the next person I hear using a derogatory term like this, I'll find you, pounce on you and tickle you until you pee yourself. I mean that. I'm good at it. Seriously.

*sigh*.. Okay, I'm done.

:D

Shoe sizes be damned (mods, edit me if I can't say that). Wear what makes you feel sensual, capable, productive, feminine, whatever. Just do what is good for you and let the rest of the world take care of itself. :)

*MASSIVE HUGGLES!!!*

Gypsyfeenix your words are so encouraging to me, thank you so much. I will go forth this day feeling "sensual, capable, productive, feminine, ... and let the world take care of itself." (((many hugs)))

Sophia

Guest Sarah Faith

Hey Sascha, I'm a 9 1/2 but sometimes I go with a 10 if its more comfortable. Honestly a 10 isn't really that uncommon of a shoe size for a woman, it's a little larger than average but from what I've seen almost every shoe out there is made in a size 10.

When you look at your feet and you see "clown shoes" that's just a distorted self perception. I used to do the same thing, I was so deluded into thinking I had big feet that I wore size 12s (in a mans) and could never figure out why I always got blisters on my feet! In truth my feet are pretty tiny compared to most of my male friends. I used to get so depressed over the fact that a size 13/14 in a womens has such a limited selection of pretty shoes from most places. Fortunately I eventually measured my feet and realized they were way smaller than I thought!

Just looked at one of the better online shoe stores, looking at Pumps alone the difference in selection between a size 10 and a Size 14 for example.. is.. 2344 for a Size 10, and 28 for a size 14.. That's 2316 less options!

So yeah as you can see there is enough demand for size 10s that you have a huge selection, that realization was a huge help for me! :)

Wow. I just measured my feet to get a real idea of where I stand, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Like you, I wear men's size 12, but the shoes slip a lot and sometimes blister :( Thinking back on it, when I first started wearing size 12 I was like 13 and thought the shoes should be a bit big to leave growing room. Thank goodness the growth stopped.

I found my feet are only 10.5" long from big toe to heel, meaning I could wear a women's size 10 1/2. I've worn an 11 before and was surprised it fit. Guess that's why :)

:D I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done that. I'm also glad I found my real shoe size, no more blisters! Size 11 still has a pretty huge selection of pretty shoes too! I was actually browsing the shoe racks at TJ maxx recently and I found a style I really liked but for whatever reason they were all in Size 11s!

I've also run into shoes that say they are Size 10s but they totally don't fit. It would be nice if shoe companies would just conform to a universal size.

Guest Jenn348

:D I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done that. I'm also glad I found my real shoe size, no more blisters! Size 11 still has a pretty huge selection of pretty shoes too! I was actually browsing the shoe racks at TJ maxx recently and I found a style I really liked but for whatever reason they were all in Size 11s!

I've also run into shoes that say they are Size 10s but they totally don't fit. It would be nice if shoe companies would just conform to a universal size.

Yeah, I had a pair of heels I liked, but they were really tight at size 11. I may have to try 11W.

Guest Luuceee

Ive been lucky with my shoe size, i wear a uk size 8 which i think is a US 8.5 and they are quite slim so i have no trouble fitting into most womens shoes. I always wear heels too and find them pretty easy to walk in. Maybe its because ive been borrowing my mums since i was a small child, they were way too big but i didnt care. My hands are quite small and slim as well :)

Lucy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LauraJen

Ive been lucky with my shoe size, i wear a uk size 8 which i think is a US 8.5 and they are quite slim so i have no trouble fitting into most womens shoes. I always wear heels too and find them pretty easy to walk in. Maybe its because ive been borrowing my mums since i was a small child, they were way too big but i didnt care. My hands are quite small and slim as well :)

Lucy

I think you have to add two to go from UK to US. I am a UK 7 and that is equivalent to 9 in the US. So an 8 for us is a US 10. I'll use UK numbers in this post - just add two for US sizes.

Following a massive clothes purge last year I only have two pairs of shoes - one pair of black flats and a pair of black and pink heels. Both are a little tight but most 7s for me fit just fine - every single 8 I have ever owned has been too big. One pair of flats I had in an 8 were so big I could slide around in them while standing and they were completely useless. I absolutely love the black and pink ones I have and I could never do away with those - I suppose I might be able to get them stretched a little. You couldn't get a whole extra size out of them but maybe if you are at the top end of a size then it can help.

I wear 7s in mens as well and it seems as though most people have to go a size larger as they're not exactly the same, even though there is a bit of an overlap between mens and womens sizes. So I guess that's why mens shoes are on average a bit more generous. I'm probably at the large end of the size for womens and the small end for mens.