• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anemia

Guest ValerieD

Guest ValerieD

Lately I've been feeling extremely tired (so tired that I can sleep for 12 hours straight and still not feel rested; every morning I wake up more tired than when I went to bed, and it's getting to be very difficult to make it to my morning classes) and I'm having problems concentrating. When I was talking to one of my professors about this she thought these might be symptoms of anemia, which I've read could be related to liver problems. To make matters worse, after my December visit with my endo she said my lab tests showed elevated bilirubin levels (which I've read could be caused by liver problems). Tests concerning this were included with the last round of lab tests that I had done last month (my college can't do it themselves so I have to go to the local hospital), but I haven't heard anything concerning those results. Here's the thing - the other time I had lab work done up here, my endo never received it for some reason, and I can't ever get a straight answer from her office concerning anything over the phone (my endo is two and a half hours away from college and an hour and a half away from home, so getting the lab work done there is impractical outside of office visits which happen every 4-5 months). I'm not sure what to do. Am I just sick right now (I also feel like I'm running a fever and have a cough, though all of these symptoms have persisted for two weeks now), or is my liver failing? I'm concerned that this is the end of the road for my transition.

Guest angels wings

It's important you do see your DR and follow all this up . Your body is telling you something is wrong . Please make an appt and get yourself seen

(((((Hugs)))))

• Admin

This may be a case where you need to even go to a local urgent care facility if you do not get help from your regular providers quickly. Get the medical care first, and worry about the bills later. Your student health care center should be able to do a blood count (CBC) and a liver panel and have it evaluated by their health care staff. At the very least you will be able to function better as a student with this off your mind. ALSO -- NO MORE SELF DIAGNOSIS ALLOWED!!