• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fantasy Or Sci Fi

Guest Elizabeth K

Thats intresting to hear about all the old comics. You girls are lucky to grow up with that. And ghost rider use to ride a horse? LOL what the. I wish I could find these old comics! I'd most likely end up overwhelmed in happyness. :D I suppose I could use the internet and find them somewhere on ebay. All the comics I have(I have alot, too lazy to go count) are GNs. Anime/Marvel/Sci-fi - From the local collector stores.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

Go for trade paperbacks where you can Zabrak...they tend to carry a whole story or give a great sampling. Look for The Complete Frank Miller Batman (mine's leather bound...I THINK they made it paper bound too) this is THE ultimate Batman collection. There is a a couple of collections of the very oldest to a more modern Ironman in collected trade books...the movie is actually pretty faithful in the presentation...the story is more modern though...yeah go figure ;) Tony Stark was a cool dude even back 'in the day' I was glad to see they gave that charactor his chance, Robert Downey floored me as he was PERFECT...like Stan Lee would say..."'nuff said." I need to get my Star Trek Medical Officer's uniform out and my Vulcan ears...maybe Sally will be my nurse assistant, Kelly Ann

Hey! I'll be the caption! I always wanted to be a captin of a star ship. *cough cough* It would be SO COOL. Maybe I day dream of this stuff too much.

I'm going to write down(well copy and paste into wordpad) the comics you suggested.

I fully agree about Robert Downey. He was perfect in every since(including the looks and age for the role.) The idea of Iron Man seems more mature then most super heros. Its a bit darker and Robert fits that bill. By the way...Tony Stark is a awesome name.

Thanks for the tips on the comics, by the way!

Kelly do I have to be the nurse? I always pictured myself as Dr. Crusher!

I hate to admit this, but with all of the things going on in my life recently, I haven't seen Iron Man. :o

Did Tony have the heart condition in the movie?

Curios,

Sally

Guest Sarinah

I like the movie "serenity" and the TV series "firefly" that it was based on, Im not sure who wrote those.

As far as books go, I am not much of a reader but I loved the "Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S.Lewis, "A horse and his boy" was my favorite.

Guest Kelly Ann

OK Sally...it's Dr. Crusher's part for you...HOW could I ever refuse you? The Ironman movie starts out and he's ok as far as the heart goes...it's very clever the way they do the plot...I'll say no more than he gets shot and the bullet lodges very close to it and is kept from entering his heart by an electro-magnet. This is an all-time great super hero flick just about perfect in every respect and WELL worth the time to view. I've read RD Jr. has signed on for 2 more which could bring on Nick Fury...I remember the TV movie...I forgot it was THE HOFF that played Nick...WOW...THE HOFF...geeze I hope somebody else does the part if they bring Ole Nick into the film. I would put Ironman right up there with the latest Batman film...it's just THAT good. Does my Medical Officer's uniform make my butt look a little 'more there'? Spandex jump-suits are always a dicey proposition, Kelly Ann

And that my dear Kelly is why no one in their right mind would want 7 of 9's uniform! Spandex Jumpsuit - all one color, nothing to distract you from the shape and even the boots blended right in.

Yikes! :o

Maybe I should wear McCoy's old uniform - the nice loose fitting smock, it can really hide a lot. :D

Back to the thread - Anybody remember Lovecraft? (That is an author!)

Love ya,

Space Cadet Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

as in H.P.? I LIVE at The Mountains of Madness...hidden amongst The Ancient Ones...oh oh...I hear them squelching up now...yeah that is one seriously scary world he wrote out (Howard Phillip, was it, Lovecraft) he had a number of excellent deciples too August Dereleth amongst them. I read ALL of those stories when I'd come home late at night back in the 60's...might explain SOME things LOL. :blink: Kelly Ann :unsure:

Guest Tammy Maher

My favorite Scifi show has to be Stargate SG1, but I also love Battlestar galatica, LOTR, Planet of the ape. As for books Douglas Adams, but I read a lot of manga so I prefer Fullmetal Alchemist, death note, and Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Favorite characters:

SG1- Teal'c

BSG: Starbuck

LOTR - Aragorn

Planet- none

Hitchhiker's: Trillian

FMA: Hawkeye/Ed/Winry

Deathnote: Light/Misa/L

SDK: Yuya/Akari/Benitora

My father is head director of background sets. He worked on Stargate SG1, Outter limits and Iron man(+ more but I forgot the names). He brought me down to his work in Vancover once and I got to touch the Stargate. :lol:

My father is head director of background sets. He worked on Stargate SG1, Outter limits and Iron man(+ more but I forgot the names). He brought me down to his work in Vancover once and I got to touch the Stargate. :lol:

I think I'll eat you too! YOU ARE SOOOOOO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

did you walk through it? If so, what world did you go to?

Note: I didn't list the real name of his job because I don't need stalkers. Also...well anyway I left it so no one could tract me down. :P So please leave the missing spots, missing!

:blush:

I didnt walk though it - never thought to. Lol

Hey Zabrak,

Some of my all time favorite shows were filmed in Vancover, your dad has probably been involved in a lot of them up there in Hollywood North. Wasn't "Forever Night" filmed up there.

I think "The Imortal was mostly filmed in France , during the Adrian Paul years - sigh! :wub:

Live long and prosper,

Starfleet Medical Officer Sally

Guest Jackson
as in H.P.? I LIVE at The Mountains of Madness...hidden amongst The Ancient Ones...oh oh...I hear them squelching up now...yeah that is one seriously scary world he wrote out (Howard Phillip, was it, Lovecraft) he had a number of excellent deciples too August Dereleth amongst them. I read ALL of those stories when I'd come home late at night back in the 60's...might explain SOME things LOL. :blink: Kelly Ann :unsure:

Holy cow! I can't believe people remember HP Lovecraft and August Derleth. I graduated high school the next town over from were Derleth lived. I love both of their writings. Although I do think that Derleth did copy too much of Sherlock Holmes for his character Solar Pons. But still.

Jeez, I'm really dating myself now.

Jackson,

Now you're dating yourself? Just a few minutes ago in another forum you were threatening yourself! It really is a love/hate realtionship going on with you isn't it?

Hey a new Sci-Fi movie, a handsome young transsexual man is accidentally split into two transsexual men, both are concervative, religious, rednecks and they roam the galaxy trying to alternately kill or date themselves.

I thought I would give it a try.

Love ya,

Sally

Why not? Stretch those writing muscles!

It could be a fun project.

Let me know when you get it underway.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest DeniseNM
Thats intresting to hear about all the old comics. You girls are lucky to grow up with that. And ghost rider use to ride a horse? LOL what the. I wish I could find these old comics! I'd most likely end up overwhelmed in happyness. :D I suppose I could use the internet and find them somewhere on ebay. All the comics I have(I have alot, too lazy to go count) are GNs. Anime/Marvel/Sci-fi - From the local collector stores.

Well Zabrak the old comics are great but some of the newer ones are okay too. Yes Ghost Rider really rode a horse and Tony Stark was pretty much always a womanizing jerk mainly because he was always half (or completely) drunk as a skunk. Heck he even gave up being Iron Man a couple of times because of it, but he always came around in the end.

You can find many of the old (now wait a minute how can I call something old when I remember it being new or close to new as a kid - oh I guess that answers that :huh:<_< ) comics but they are going to cost you a bunch. Last I saw the X-Men #96, first appearence of the new X-Men (Wolverine, Storm and others) sold for about $3000 - 4000.

Jack Kirby and Stan "the Man" Lee are just the tops in the industry. Got to meet Stan Lee at one of the San Diego ComicCon's when I was stationed there in the '90s. I find it funny that he does a cameo in almost every Marvel movie.

Here is a question for all the die hard Marvel comic fans here, does anyone know how Stan and Jack came up with changing the Hulk's color from the original gray to his awesome Emerald Green as he is known now?

Denise (comics are a great way to escape the insanity of a painful childhood)

Guest Jackson
Jackson,

Now you're dating yourself? Just a few minutes ago in another forum you were threatening yourself! It really is a love/hate realtionship going on with you isn't it?

Hey a new Sci-Fi movie, a handsome young transsexual man is accidentally split into two transsexual men, both are concervative, religious, rednecks and they roam the galaxy trying to alternately kill or date themselves.

I thought I would give it a try.

Love ya,

Sally

*sigh* I can't get any respect nowadays, can I?

That was very funny, Sally. I just have those days when I realize I am getting old and there is a good reason for all the white in my hair. I'll be completely white by the time I'm forty.

I think I need to find some of those old Ghost Rider comics. I gave all my Catwoman comics to my stepson. I wonder if he'll give 'em back to me?

You have my respect, Jackson.

You did notice that I refered to you as handsome and young, didn't you? :blush:

The great thing about transitioning, a man with white hair is distinguished and doesn't have so much pressure to dye it!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

Hokey smokes Denise...I remember seeing that in an interview once...I have to research the vaults. There was a villian named The Golem in the DC Universe gray was too close and dull...between green showing up better on the pulp paper and the advertising campain for green beans from the valley of the Jolly...ho ho ho...Green Giant, seems to pull forward. The Green Giant in the commercial was actually a GG little known fact. In the Marvel Universe strength was ranked as Thor, The Hulk, The Thing and then Spiderman..with the cavet that Peter Parker was only a teenager and was still growing. I had to go get some old paperbacks I have out printed by Lancer in 1966/67 of comics printed in B/W in a paperback novek size. LOL it says $00.50 on the cover of each...Hulk/Spidey/Daredevil/Thor and stuck to them when I pulled them out was the Infamous Venus on the Half-Shell by Kilgore Trout mentioned in I think it was a Kurt Vonnegut Jr. novel...I forget I have this stuff...Lordy knows why. A bemused Kelly Ann

Guest Kelly Ann

To remedy a slight...Jackson you feel free to date yourself if you need to...did I understand that correctly? LOL...probably not , but then I occasionally disappear from the local scene so who am I to talk? You actually know THE historical area that influenced HP and August? I am soooo in awe...those stories scared the bejesus outta me many a night. This was a whole new way of writing that produced extreemly intense response to the slow, steady...insideous build-up. The movies have been a real disaster when they attempted to translate them...perhaps now they actually could...the ancient ones were really sort of like The Predator (Zabrak should be very familar with that as it's totally GN stuff) and some of their...hmmmm...creatures were a lot like The Alien. White hair does make a feller look very distinguished too...it's the gray that's impossible to dye...I gave that up years ago. Kelly Ann

Guest Jackson

I did catch that, Sally, and I appreciate it.

I really don't want to date myself. I would really like to find some intriguing lady to date. Remember, ladies, give me a few months and I'll have racing stripes in my hair.