• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Test

Guest letmebe_me

Guest letmebe_me

COGAITI - The Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory is precisely and narrowly targeted to the Male-to-Female Pre-Operative, Pre-Transitional individual who is currently unsure of what they really want or who they really are.

the questions are aimed at mtf's. is there one anyone knows of which is for ftm's?

Guest Traci Nicole

Hi letmebe_me, here is category list of how it works. As you can see, that class 1 is still a male, and class 2 and above thats when transsexual part kicks in, and plus androgyne. I'm a a class 4, and my testing stays constant in class 4 area. If you get a chance, go head and test yourself. Here is the link for the COGIAT test: http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Score: -650 to -389, COGIATI classification ONE, STANDARD MALE

Score: -390 to -129, COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE

Score: -130 to +129, COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Score: +130 to +389,COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Score: +390 to +650, COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL

Hi letmebe_me, here is category list of how it works. As you can see, that class 1 is still a male, and class 2 and above thats when transsexual part kicks in, and plus androgyne. I'm a a class 4, and my testing stays constant in class 4 area. If you get a chance, go head and test yourself. Here is the link for the COGIAT test: http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Score: -650 to -389, COGIATI classification ONE, STANDARD MALE

Score: -390 to -129, COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE

Score: -130 to +129, COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Score: +130 to +389,COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Score: +390 to +650, COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL

Huh... that's interesting. I tried it out for fun and ended up in classification TWO, but I answered all the questions about feeling/dressing feminine as if they were asking about feeling/dressing masculine, so that makes my score come out more 'feminine' than it really is. It would be interesting to see something like this for FTMs.

Mel

Guest letmebe_me

thanks, i did the test and heres my results -

The

COMBINED GENDER IDENTITY AND TRANSSEXUALITY INVENTORY

(COGIATI)

Your COGIATI result value is: 130 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are several.

It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.

Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.

If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

Thank you for using the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory.

Guest letmebe_me

thanks traci nicole i did the test chaning the things which were asking about wanting to be female to being male and i got probable transsexual. interesting. would be good to see a ftm test though

• Admin

That was a laugh!

scored 25 to the male side (Yep that seems right)

1) Angles. Your score: 15 out of 20

Spot the difference. Your score: 36%

2) Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant.

3) Your empathy score is: 5 out of 20 (Seems I'm barely human)

Your systemising score is: 16 out of 20 (Yep I can put together flat pack furniture lol)

Eyes. Your score: 6 out of 10

4) Fingers. Right Hand: 0.92

Left Hand: 0.95 (Ring fingers about 1/4 inch longer than index fingers)

5) Faces. Your choices suggest you prefer more masculine faces.

6) 3D shapes. Your score: 10 out of 12 (so proud of that)

Words. Your score: you associated 10 words with grey and you named 7 words that mean happy. (I am a failing writer)

Ultimatum. £25 (only fair, I thought)

Last spring I did this test and came out as slap bang in the middle.

• 2 months later...

Your COGIATI result value is: -230 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be mostly masculine, and that your gender issues are primarily matters of personal expression rather than a medical problem. Any struggles you have are most likely caused by internal shame over your needs and desires, or because of curiosity over what those needs represent. There is, however, some indication of a strong feminine side to your being, and this is intrinsic to your constitution.

• 1 year later...

The problem with answering the questions about dressing like a woman as if they were asking about dressing like a man is that it doesn't take into account all the other questions that have nothing to do with what you actually mentally classify yourself as. You have to either answer every question as they're actually asking them, or flip EVERYTHING. Which I thought about, and led me to the conclusion that...

You can use the COGIATI for FTMs. I figured out how a while (few days) ago and just put it to the test. There was a total of 1 question that I could not easily answer using this method. (Actually, there were a few, but that was because I'm indecisive; there was just one that didn't flip as easily as I wanted it to.)

For questions that test intellect, spatial reasoning, temperament, etc.:

Go to http://www.lauras-playground.com/cogiati_gender_test.htm and http://transsexual.org/cogiati/index.php?lang=en in different tabs/windows.

For each question, find the answer on the online COGIATI you would select. Then switch windows and check the numerical value of your answer. Find the additive inverse of that answer--to ditch the math-geek-speak, find the exact opposite answer. If your answer adds 10, find the -10 answer, etc. Because I suck at explaining, I'll give an example:

The online COGIATI question:

Describe your relationship with mathematics.

I hate doing math! It is both tedious and a struggle for me.

Mathematics is both useful and fun. I enjoy mathematical puzzles.

I do math as it is required of me.

Mathematics is somewhat difficult at times. It isn't my favorite thing.

I am really pretty good at math.

The print COGIATI scoring scale:

Q. Describe your relationship with mathematics.

A. (-10) Mathematics is both useful and fun. I enjoy mathematical puzzles.

A. (-5) I am really pretty good at math.

A. (0) I do math as it is required of me.

A. (5) Mathematics is somewhat difficult at times. It isn't my favorite thing.

A. (10) I hate doing math! It is both tedious and a struggle for me.

So if you chose "I am really pretty good at math", that's a score of -5. Take the answer worth +5, the answer "Mathematics is somewhat difficult at times. It isn't my favorite thing." Use that one instead. That method goes for every question EXCEPT the ones that explicitly ask about tg/ts/(don't eat me) etc. activities.

For those questions that ask about crossdressing or refer to private parts:

So much simpler. Switch EVERY reference to male and female. "Man" becomes "woman", "masculine" becomes "feminine", "male" becomes "female", etc. and vice versa. There's a question that asks about male privates. Change it to "breasts" (I know cisgendered women who wouldn't mind losing everything else).

It's a little more time-consuming to do it that way, but once you start, the hardest part (for me) is remembering not to switch the score for questions like "Why do you crossdress?" Then, when you're done, switch the terminology for the scores.

Classification 1, Regular Male, becomes Regular Female

Classification 2, Feminine Male, becomes Masculine Female

Classifications 3 and up stay the same terminology-wise, because Androgyne stays the same and they don't actually say "MTF".

I could get into explaining why it works (I had to stop and explain it to myself when it stopped working out in my head), because I find it really cool to make things like this work out; but... well, if you want me to, I can explain it later.

Guest My_Genesis

i've taken this test numerous times, my most recent result i got 50 on the male side

i also seemed to have a lower ratio with the finger measurements than the average male xD

i really don't like the face one though because i cant pick between the two faces they give they look the same to me, so i dont put too much weight on that part of the test.

I got 50 on the male side, although I had to take it twice because the first time I screwed up and accidentally exited from the spatial rotation one, and got a sad 5/12, and when I actually answered them I got 12/12, so I think that was probably good to fix :P...

but I don't think it's as valid the second time, especially because the ones I did worst on (moved pictures, and creating words) happened to be girl ones and happened to be better with more time, which I had thanks to taking it twice. Although I nearly forgot half of my original words for happy, so idk :P.

As for the faces, I don't think you're supposed to be able to tell. You just go with your gut feeling of which one is more attractive, because if you could tell it wouldn't measure well. You could just be like, "I think she/he is feminine, let's get me a male rating".

I got a 50, which I think is about right... I might have screwed up those words and pictures ones, but I probably got better at the lines thing with exposure too, so I'd say it balances out.

Also I would be interested to see where straight and gay transguys fall on the various criteria, since gay guys tend to be more feminine. I asked my gay friend to take it, I'd be curious to see where he falls also

Guest My_Genesis

well what i meant with the faces was that i didn't think one was more attractive than the other about 99% of the time. lol

i'd also be interested, they said 50 is the average male score, which is what i got, and im straight so that would be interesting to see..

• 1 year later...

A good test I found is the BBC test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml

I got 17/20 on angles

0% on the difference test (i got worse memory than a fish!)

Right brain dominant (well, that would explain why i'm in the creative arts class)

0/10 for sympathizing (i have a lot of trouble with that kind of stuff)

18/20 for systemizing

3/10 for the eyes test

.96 ratio of fingers

i prefer more feminine faces

12/12 in the 3D shapes test (seems like testosterone overload XD)

and i got a crappy 3 word brainstorm for the last part

in the ultimatum i said i would demand 30 pounds

Guest Evan_J

*sigh. I know you guys want "answers". (heck , I think I answered this thread some place when I first joined......) Just be careful to remember, "an internet test cannot determine you".

Guest Nicodeme

I used the offline version of the test and rearranged it so it'd be applicable to FtMs, actually.

http://notrevieenpourpre.webs.com/COGIATI_ftm-full.htm

Hope that's helpful. I'm thinking of making an interactive Java version of it like the one on transsexual.org so you can get your results without having to do a whole lot of math. (Unless you happen to give the most "masculine" answer to the first question...in which case you'd probably like it. :P)

Guest CrimsonEdge

Angles - 16/20

Difference - 43%

Left brain dominant

Empathizing - 0/20 (I'm a clueless, heartless creature ;P)

Systemizing - 16/20

Eyes - 8/10

Finger ratio - Right: 0.95; Left: 1 (why the difference, I wonder?)

Feminine faces

3D shapes - 11/12

Words - 9 in total, 3 for grey, 6 for happy

Ultimatum - 33 pounds. I figured the other guy would rather have the 27 than nothing at all ;)

I don't need a stupid internet test to tell me whether I should be a guy or a girl. It does serve as proof for me though. I tried out the COGIAT test (MTF version) and got a Level Three. I'll try the FTM version when I have time to get a proper result.