• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Pink Coat

Guest JazzySmurf

Guest JazzySmurf

Soon, I'll be going to conference at, well.... a super cold place (40 F is the high, 25 F is the low). So, we've been looking to get me a winter jacket. We actually found this in the kids section (it was a kids's XL). It was on sale for $17, and my boyfriend liked it, so he just bought it on the spot. Thing is, I'm not sure... What do you think? (You can see the enlarged version in the gallery)

Guest Angelica Alice

Looks very warm and comfortable! Are you gonna wear the same scarf? I think its better if you find one that matches your coat!

HI Sam,

Hot pink! I love it! My fav jacket for this time of year here, a bit warmer than that, is a pink hoodie.

You're a braver girl than I, if you're thinking skirts and dresses, though. I did love my three weeks in Florida recently, but I've been wearing nothing but pants here!

You look great! Enjoy your trip!

Love, Megan

Guest JazzySmurf

@Angelica

Thanks! :-) I might just tuck in the scarf, it's probably super windy there....

@Megan

Thank you :-) I'm definitely wearing much more (fleece leggings, etc) when I travel. The skirt just happened to be part of my school outfit :-)

• Forum Moderator

I think you look great! I actually love wearing a long skirt with a slip in the winter. I love the way the wind feels and it is amazingly warm like carrying a bed around on my legs or at least the covers. Heat rises and i feel warmer than with pants on. I never thought that would be true but it seems to be.

The coat looks slightly short in the sleeves but just a bit otherwise fine. i like pink as well.

Enjoy the conference.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest JazzySmurf

Thank you guys :-)

The conference was fun :-) and there was a girl there who was, like, omg, gorgeous. I am warming up (please pardon the pun) to the coat...

• Forum Moderator

Now your going to have to find some great short sleeve tops for the summer. It never ends. As a guy all i did was pull on the same old jeans and a t shirt. Now it's harder but a lot more fun!

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest JazzySmurf

Thanks, Joann and Charlie :-) :-)

I think I might be able to coax my boyfriend into a shopping trip soon :rolleyes:

Guest JazzySmurf

Success!!!! We're going to a store that specializes in Tibetan clothing (and other Tibetan stuff) tomorrow. EXCITED!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Guest Kaylee234

I love Tibetan stores. There's one in Colorado I like to go to every time I'm in the area. Their handmade clothes are so nice and the patterns are pretty. I picked up a meditation bowl there too, and it's awesome.

Wish there was a store like that around here. :-/

~ Kay

Guest JazzySmurf

Thanks JeepGirl :-)

Hi Kay :-) Aren't Tibetan stores amazing? Unfortunately, it turned out that the Tibetan shop near us was closed on Sundays :-( We're trying again this weekend (but not on Sunday). My boyfriend really likes their shirts, and I'm looking for some bright colored dresses and skirts for the summer :-) Pictures when available!