• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How to choose breastforms?

Guest gg_br_alex

Guest gg_br_alex

I've been looking at breastforms and trying to choose myself a pair, but it's been very hard to come to a conclusion on the SIZE.

I've been looking at some stuff on eBay, and what I noticed is that many sellers will advertise their forms based on the pair's weight. I am a rather big person (I weight around 200 pounds) and the bra that fits me is a size 48. And I'd like to get a big sized pair, but not TOO big.

Any suggestions?

We are close in size. I wear 42 c-cup breast forms when I don't want to be conspicuous, my DDD's really feel great and aren't that large for me and when I want to be over the top in private I wear my j cups. I would think a D, DD,or DDD would fit your frame without being to large. I worked my way up in size, but that can be expensive. If you are comfortable go to a store and get fitted or order a cheap bra over the internet and stuff it with something just to see how you look and when you find the size you like then order a good bra and breast forms. Good luck. You will love weighted silicone breast forms. Talk to the Breast Store they are nice and helpful.

• Admin

Go to one of the size charts for the Breast Form Store which sponsors this site and look at their sizing charts for what to get. I am a bit heavier than you are, but your band size seems to be large, unless you are under 5'9". I am 6' even and only use a 42 which is the exact measurement around my chest above my breasts. I am also the same size just below them, so that is a good size for me. The size of the form will depend a bit on what you want to do while dressed. If you will be going to CD clubs or just being in the house, go ahead for the biggest you think your pocket book can afford for the fun. If you are planning on going into actual non TG/CD public places, then you may want to hold things down around the C cup range, since they are safer from wardrobe malfunction, and do not attract as much eyeball overload for people. My HRT grown girls are B cups which I can augment with an enhancer to be a C for certain outfits, and I have had a few funny moments of guys glueing their eyes on my chest, but never a 'read' on being trans.

D or DD for drag or CD specific venues, C or less for normal public outings.

Guest gg_br_alex

Well, Fran, I already have an idea of how big i want. Its just been hard to tell which size is it in terms of looking at charts and pictures. But I think I got the point. I only want to enjoy these at home, so I think I'll go with whatever fits D or DD cups for my band size.

Thank you Fran and Vicky for your time and advise!

Just one more question, Fran, to give me an idea, how much do your DDD ones weight?

Guest MaudeB

Go to one of the size charts for the Breast Form Store which sponsors this site and look at their sizing charts for what to get. I am a bit heavier than you are, but your band size seems to be large, unless you are under 5'9". I am 6' even and only use a 42 which is the exact measurement around my chest above my breasts. I am also the same size just below them, so that is a good size for me. The size of the form will depend a bit on what you want to do while dressed. If you will be going to CD clubs or just being in the house, go ahead for the biggest you think your pocket book can afford for the fun. If you are planning on going into actual non TG/CD public places, then you may want to hold things down around the C cup range, since they are safer from wardrobe malfunction, and do not attract as much eyeball overload for people. My HRT grown girls are B cups which I can augment with an enhancer to be a C for certain outfits, and I have had a few funny moments of guys glueing their eyes on my chest, but never a 'read' on being trans.

D or DD for drag or CD specific venues, C or less for normal public outings.

I concure on this, don't believe in adding 4 or 5 inches to your chest measurement. I'm a 38 and my measurement under my chest is 37,5 inches. The 38 fits me very well and remember that a bra WILL expand and strech. Don't start with a bra at the third attachment (for lack of a better word - I'm French !).

This would be a mistake. Bras are done now for exact size under chest. I was skeptic and stumbled on a great sale at my local store and they had a 40D which is the sister size cup of the 38DD I wear and bought it for $29 instead of $99 for a Chantelle !

Believe me, this one is not worn often. It's too loose even though it's only one size up. It doesn't fit well and it shows.

Go for the underchest measurments and find the projection that you want, this will give you a pretty good idea on the cup size. I also concur on the hips measurments has I'm borderline with hips at 38 inches and torso at 42 inches.

The size 14 Amolux are a luxury I bought for my personnal satisfaction and I'm compltly in the closet so I can wear anything I want. They fit well but are BIG and they project a lot !

Maude

Guest Fran

Well, Fran, I already have an idea of how big i want. Its just been hard to tell which size is it in terms of looking at charts and pictures. But I think I got the point. I only want to enjoy these at home, so I think I'll go with whatever fits D or DD cups for my band size.

Thank you Fran and Vicky for your time and advise!

Just one more question, Fran, to give me an idea, how much do your DDD ones weight?

The DDD weigh about 3.5 lbs each and the J's weigh about 4.5 lbs each. Both pair were purchased from Nancy at The Breastform store.

Fran

Guest gg_br_alex

Thanks for your time, Fran... btw, an update...I have made a huge mistake about the sizing ... Im glad I didn't buy the breast forms yet!!!!! My country's measurement system is different than US'. Which means the bras I have (and that fit my band size) are equivalent to a 38 US size .

I suppose I should aim for smaller ones than I had though, heh?

• Admin

I was just washing my bras a bit ago, and realized my brand has two sizes on the lable. One is close to the first one you posted. Good call!!..

• 6 months later...
Guest gg_br_alex

update: finally bought my 1st pair of breast forms. Can't wait for them to arrive. Decided to go for a 42D, after all. My SO is also very excited about it, which is amazing. I intend to make a video/picture-review of them later, in a way to help others have an idea of what they should expect, how big or small that size is, and what not.

I know I looked for this information around and I couldnt find any, except for the pics the seller's website had displayed.

• Admin

I actually had a pair of D forms before I went on HRT, and they did look OK on me, but they are back in my closet now. Top shelf back left corner. Have fun with them, but be a little careful putting pictures up here. Put them in your Gallery, but check on the T&C for your best camera angle and personal exposure!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

I actually had a pair of D forms before I went on HRT, and they did look OK on me, but they are back in my closet now. Top shelf back left corner. Have fun with them, but be a little careful putting pictures up here. Put them in your Gallery, but check on the T&C for your best camera angle and personal exposure!!

No underwear shots are allowed, so please make sure you're wearing outer clothes, thanks. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rosabella

gg br alex, I hope you have enjoyed your breast forms. I found mine on eBay and e-mailed back and forth with the seller on advice on size before buying mine for a reasonable amount of money.

Guest Freegrl

This is silly, but for years I've used punchballs. I inflate them with air to a large size so that when they deflate they aren't perfect spheres with a lot of tension, then fill them with different amounts of water to get different sizes. It might sound really strange, but between different bras and combinations and clothing, it's been pretty economical and the weight is just right. This was 15 years ago.

Until I find the right punchballs, I use 16" balloons and do the same thing and still get pretty good cleavage depending on the bra, but I change them out every month so that they don't burst spontaneously. It's given me a lot of appreciation for the courage it takes to get implants.

Cheers,

-tina

• Admin

Tina -- You bring back memories of my first days out at the old Queen Mary Show Lounge in North Hollywood CA. (About 15 years ago). The place had a good drag show in the front lounge, and a back lounge that was dance heaven for CDs and friends. One girl had done what you do with the water balloons, and looked great, until she had had a couple of drinks and got brave enough to try pole dancing. In the course of her dancing, both of her balloons popped out, and made quite a splash on the other folks on the dance floor. Balloon boobs and alcohol lead to disaster!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::blush::lol::lol:

Alex

When I started out wearing breast forms, I purchased mine from the Breast Form Store and thier sizing charts are excellent. I opted for a 42C breastform and later, a 42D breastform. Both looked good on me sizewize.

When I had augmentation surgery, I went with 550cc implants which started me out as a full 42C. When my doctor increased my estrogen dose shortly after I came back, I quickly grew out of my bras and now need a 42D which I'm happy with and is a comfortable size for me. Another girl who also had augmentation the same time as me, had a petite frame opted for 320 cc implant which gave her a full b cup which looked amazing on her :) . You want to look natural and feminine and fit in. Too big will draw stares to your chest unless that is the effect you are looking for.

When it turned cooler this past fall, I was wearing a light weight bra under a thin TShirt. When two guys were staring at my chest, I realized all too well what endowed woman feel like when a man's eyes are staring at your chest :wub: . I felt very self conscious and it was a little uncomfortable. I now wear bra's with a little padding as a result. Kathryn

Guest Eve Caillard

I've used commercial breast forms (usually el-cheapo ones) and like a UK 42 D or DD. I'm five feet six inches tall and shaped like a fat barrel, so these seem to be the best for me. I do have some huge H size, but they are SO heavy I rarely bother with them; I bought them on a whim. I'd rather feel 'comfortable' and fit the look I want and I think those are the best criteria.

Guest Freegrl

:harhar: Vicky, so funny!

I'm kind of envious about the pole dancing part. I never thought about pole dancing before but now that you mention it...*sigh* Something else to put into my bucket. That club sounds like it was a nice place to be in and so funny too!

For now, I really like balloons/punchballs because I guess it's how I started and I'm just used to the way they feel. They're really great with the right underwire bra and it's a cheap way to experiment with different sizes and different fashions. I also think that they're good for loosening up the chest tissue as part of bra training and I really like the results.

Smiling,

-tina

There may be places in the realm of CD to look for a bargain or do things on the cheap. Personally, I don't think breast forms are that item. You pretty much get what you pay for. Quality breast forms are an investment in self-assurance. Secondly, beware of being greedy. Sometimes less is more (more attractive, more sensible, more comfortable, more in keeping with your body.) Massive breast forms may satisfy some lust for femininity in overdrive, but good quality breast forms that are appropriate for your body are a more sensible route to follow. Cheers, Kati

• Admin

Kati -- I have some personal pictures I could post to prove your point, BIG time, but we would have too many folks traumatized by them. Wise words.