• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Everyone..

Guest Meredith

Guest Felicia Anne
You see my mother tried to rasie me as a female model and did everything she could to try to make me girly...

sigh... is it wrong that i wish that could have been my upbringing?

(longing for the feminine experience all my life... does it show much?)

... does it show much?

yes :( (and I'm sending you comfort vibes)

Zabrack, I think we should find your old therapist and team up on him since I was raised by a single mother and a matriarchal grandmother who "lorded it over" her husband, whipped her brothers into shape and rode roughshod over her brothers in law. <_< Let him explain that.

Grab bag "theories" amuse me.

Guest Emily.SoCal
Hello,

My "femme" name is Meredith. I've been crossdressing since I was about 8, knowing that something was different about me. I'm married, and have two boys. My wife doesn't exactly approve of my need to crossdress. I'm here looking for answers and support. I don't know if I'll be ok to just continue crossdressing or to go to the next step and embrace my femmine side fully. The number one thing that confuses me right now is I'm a Christian and I know what the bible says, and I know what other Christians say. But if any thing it makes me more confused, because what I do feels sssoo right.

So I'm a Crossdressing/Transgender Christian who likes video games, movies, fashion, clothing, cars, fabrics, and star wars. And my name is Meredith.

Heya, Meredith!

Nice to meet you and welcome to the Playground. :)

As you are faced with these difficult questions, know that you are now among friends who are facing similar (if not the same) questions. I don't know about religion, and I've never had to deal with disapproval from a wife and mother of my children, but I do know this -- you have to be who you have to be. If crossdressing and your inner woman feel as right as it sounds they do, then heck, maybe it is right. Have you thought about talking to a gender therapist? I'm on the fence about a lot of things myself and talking to my therapist helps immensely. Plus I think it would show to your wife that you're handling things healthily and responsibly by talking to a professional. But don't let me tell you what to do; just do what feels comfortable when it feels comfortable. These are just suggestions.

I wish you luck with your challenges. See you around the forums. :)

-Emily

P.S. I'm curious about the verses in the Bible that speak of crossdressing and transgenderism/transsexuality. Would you mind pointing them out to me?