• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ways to Start an Exercise Program

Guest JazzySmurf

Guest JazzySmurf

For some reason, exercise just does not make sense to me. I've been trying, off and on for years, to start exercising. Anyways, this is the first article that's made any sense to me (especially the cooking part). Will make another attempt at being active :-)

http://summertomato.com/how-to-start-working-out-when-you-dont-like-to-exercise/

Maybe there is some hope for people like us, after all :-)

Guest Sarah Faith

As I've stated in previous threads I used to be 350 pounds my self, and after reading that article those are some very good tips! When I started working out I had the same approach, I started small I wanted to go 10 minutes on the treadmill at first I couldn't even go 8 with out feeling like my lungs were on fire and I was about to collapse. That slowly changed the more I did it the easier it got, now I go 4 miles a day on the treadmill up a steep incline. There is always hope! Anyone can lose weight, unfortunately alot of us get caught up in fad diets or trying to find that magic pill, I know I did! Diet and Exercise are the best ways to lose weight, and I still get to eat ALL the foods I like because working out gives me a pretty decent caloric budget every day.

So that is a great article it really goes along with my own personal experiences. Thanks for sharing Jazzy!

Guest Guest_

Loved the article Jazzy. Ive been wanting to get back to running again and I believe you have given the proper motivation. Thanks. Love Amber L.

Guest Kaylee234

I go jogging with a friend 3x a week and on other days I sometimes go to the gym. I mostly just do cardio, though.

The other day I tried yoga for the first time, and loved it! I'll have to do it more often. It did make me quite sore for a few days afterword.

I've lost a bit of weight in the past year or so, but I'd personally attribute that all to my change in diet/lifestyle.

~ Kay

Guest KimberlyF

There are so many amazing upbeat women on YouTube that do exercise and health vids. Many will make allowances in their exercises based on your level.

And then there are some I just look at and laugh. Like they'll be doing a yoga one handed stand with legs bent at odd angles and take about meditating. I'd be meditating myself to the ER.

Guest Sarah Faith

There are so many amazing upbeat women on YouTube that do exercise and health vids. Many will make allowances in their exercises based on your level.

And then there are some I just look at and laugh. Like they'll be doing a yoga one handed stand with legs bent at odd angles and take about meditating. I'd be meditating myself to the ER.

Yeah.. I prefer to keep my workouts to things that won't involve broken bones! :D