• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bra Straps

Guest Guest_

Guest Guest_

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to keep them from falling off your shoulders? I find this some what annoying and it can also be embarrising sometimes. Please let me know if you have any secrets to keeping them up. Thanks.

Amber L.

Guest Sarah Faith

Aside from making the straps way too tight? No, it happens to me all the time if Im sitting the right way and my bra fits properly. How often are we talking about? Like once in awhile? Or constantly? If its once in awhile I think its inevitable in the right situations, if its all the time, probably need to tighten the straps or try to find one that fits you a little better.

Sarah

Guest JazzySmurf

You can try one of two methods: (1) cross the straps behind your back (like as an X) or (2) get a raceback bra, similar to a sports bra :-)

Guest Guest_

Aside from making the straps way too tight? No, it happens to me all the time if Im sitting the right way and my bra fits properly. How often are we talking about? Like once in awhile? Or constantly? If its once in awhile I think its inevitable in the right situations, if its all the time, probably need to tighten the straps or try to find one that fits you a little better.

Sarah

Sarah: Thanks for responding. I guess you could say its just once in awhile. I keep the straps pretty tight, but not enough to cut into my shoulders. I guess I'll survive. Thanks Amber L.

• Admin

Other than strapless bra's there will be some strap movement, and only wishful thinking will keep them in place --NOT. On the bright side, the gesture of pulling them back up on your shoulder is a singularly female thing that can act as a visual clue to you being female.

Guest Guest_

Other than strapless bra's there will be some strap movement, and only wishful thinking will keep them in place --NOT. On the bright side, the gesture of pulling them back up on your shoulder is a singularly female thing that can act as a visual clue to you being female.

Vicky: I never thought of it that way. I love all things feminine, and you have given me one more reason for it. I have always said there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, and your comments just proves it even more. Now I dont have anything to complain about. Thank You so much. Love Amber L.

Guest Sarah Faith

Vicky makes a very good point, I had thought about that actually that all women deal with it. I just for some reason didn't think it worth mentioning! lol

Guest Guest_

Vicky makes a very good point, I had thought about that actually that all women deal with it. I just for some reason didn't think it worth mentioning! lol

Sarah: Not a problem. To me anything to do with my feminine side is certainly worth mentioning. God Bless You. Love Amber L.

Guest NightRainRaven

There is a device that you clip the bra straps in to and it sits in the center if you back, preventing the straps from slipping off your shoulders. I saw it in WallMart as a As Seen On TV gadget. Looked legit, if you do find it and decide to try it, I would love to hear the your review :-)

Sorry I do not remember the name :-)

Best wishes

<3 Sam

Guest Guest_

Thanks Night Rain. Love your name. Just so happens there is a big shopping trip planed for the big city tomorrow. I'll see if I can find one and by all means a product review will be forth coming. Love Amber L.

There is a device that you clip the bra straps in to and it sits in the center if you back, preventing the straps from slipping off your shoulders. I saw it in WallMart as a As Seen On TV gadget. Looked legit, if you do find it and decide to try it, I would love to hear the your review :-)

Sorry I do not remember the name :-)

Best wishes

<3 Sam

• Admin

I was going to suggest the same as Night Rain. I don't use them but they were recommended to me, too. The other thing that lessened my problem, but didn't eliminate it, was getting properly measured. After going to Victoria's Secret, I found that I was wearing bras one size too big; 38's instead of 36's. Once I got the right size, my bra straps stay put pretty well. Also, bras with a wide strap work better for me, too.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Guest_

Thanks Carolyn. More valuable information. Love Amber L.

I was going to suggest the same as Night Rain. I don't use them but they were recommended to me, too. The other thing that lessened my problem, but didn't eliminate it, was getting properly measured. After going to Victoria's Secret, I found that I was wearing bras one size too big; 38's instead of 36's. Once I got the right size, my bra straps stay put pretty well. Also, bras with a wide strap work better for me, too.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

There is also a cute little lace clip in cami front that clips to the bra straps. That is used by women in the office to cover tats and tops that show too much clevage for business casual.

If you do the feminine, tugging on the bra straps thing? If they fall twice or more while someone is looking at you, be sure to also give the slightly annoyed expression. From there, you will have it down pat. Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Guest_

There is also a cute little lace clip in cami front that clips to the bra straps. That is used by women in the office to cover tats and tops that show too much clevage for business casual.

If you do the feminine, tugging on the bra straps thing? If they fall twice or more while someone is looking at you, be sure to also give the slightly annoyed expression. From there, you will have it down pat. Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

Jody: I for sure have the slight;y annoyed expression dow pat. Thanks for the info. Love Amber L

Guest LauraJen

This. I was at the local trans group last week and was sitting there for about an hour and think it happened to me about three or four times. It really didn't bother me. Pulling them back up definitely feels like a feminine thing to do. It happens to a lot of women so its something that I have in common with a lot of non trans women!

I get the fact that it can be embarrassing sometimes though, particularly if your sleeves are short enough for them to be visible - you definitely don't want that! I mainly wear long sleeved blouses so I guess thats not much of an issue for me, but the main options really are racer back or strapless ones (though be careful because they can slip down altogether if you don't wear them right), or to tighten the straps of your bra but not to the point where they cut in. You can actually get clips for bra straps to make them into an X shape at the back as well.

Laura Jen

• Root Admin

Here's a whole load of links to these strap clips, courtesy of Google.

• Forum Moderator

I know the problem and rather enjoy it. i'm coming to grips with a couple of blouses that present a different problem. One strap or the other always seems to be visible. Finally even that seems right as the malfunction only enhances my feeling feminine. If we look around we are not the only girls with these problems and some of them were born as a different gender and certainly have had more practice than i have.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm going to echo what Carolyn said. I got measured for a bra and my straps don't fall off my shoulders at all. They're snug but not tight and don't get annoying during the day. You might be wearing the wrong size. Wouldn't hurt to get measured: most women are wearing the wrong size bra so you wouldn't be alone.