• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Heyhey!!

Guest ditzydayz

Guest ditzydayz

Hey all!

I wasn't too sure about posting a hello. I'm the SO of an amazing cross-dresser who i love dearly. So i don't know if i can post a hello or not.

But since i'm a little bit lost i shall proceed and if i'm in the wrong area hopefully i'll get directed to the right area.

I have been with the above mentioned amazing boyfriend for a year and a half and have known about his crossdressing since week 3. A friend googled his name and hey presto! That was him outed. Its never bothered me much. When we first talked about it i struggled to understand cos i had nothing to compare it to. I was 19 when i found out and i remember just feeling so young and immature and like i had to act all cool and ok with it. Or he might think i was just a kid!

I like to think that i'm open minded but sometimes i feel so overwhelmed by it all and i feel like i'm a bad person for not being perfectly ok with it.

It doesn't help that my friends just don't understand. Either because they don't want to or cant. Anyway to sum up my very long hello (sorry! :-( ) i guess what i'm here for is to able to talk freely. Among people who are understanding.

apologies again if i'm in the wrong place!

Guest Donna Jean

Why, hello, Ditzy!!!

How nice to meet you!

I must say that you are a remarkable person for being so understanding during your own confusion! Well, you've come to the right place!

And, no Dear...you're not in the wrong area at all....

Now let me make you feel comfey and warm with a nice cup of coco and some cookies...

Sally bakes the best cookies..she'll prolly be by a little later!

You're from Ireland...my wife's family is from County Wexford....

Make yourself at home, Hon...you'll enjoy being here with us...!

**HUGGS**

Donna Jean

• Root Admin

Hello ditzydayz,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. You're in the right place so come on in and make yourself comfortable.

MaryEllen :)

Guest ditzydayz

Awww thanks! You are both so kind. And i'll definately help myself to the cookies! Not that i'm here just for the snacks or anything! *Glances over shoulder* :-D

Hello, Ditzdayz,

Welcome to the forums here at Laura's Playground.

I am so happy that you have come here and we hope that you will be happy herre too.

I am always glad to see someone here who is not an actual member of the Trans Community.

As you have noticed from your friends a lot of people never take the time to try to learn or understand anything about us.

Well I am going to tell you the big secret that they don't want to know - we are just like everybody else! That's it - we are a complete cross section of society with the only difference being that in some degree our gender doesn't match our sex. that's where they get confused gender is in the mind and sex is the body, when the two don't match there is a need to express outwardly the inner gender.

If you look just above the flag under my name you will see MTF, Male to Female transexual. That's as severe as Gender Dysphoria (That's what it's called) gets it can go either way with FTM being the most severe for someone born outwrdly female.

Cross Dressing is a less severe case and the person is able to express their inner nature by dressing as that gender periodically, sometimes very often to almost continualy, but never requires any alterations to the body. They are perfectlly happy with their outward 'perceived' gender, but need to express their inner gender.

I hope that makes things a little clearer, but if not - or even if it does, feel free to look around, ask questions, post opinions, in short make yourself at home and welcome to the family.

Donna Jean offered you some coco and cookies - I seem to do a lot of the cookie baking here so if you have any special request just let me know. (When you hear from Elizabeth and you will, she is one of us friendly types, don't believe her when she says that I put saulsa in them.)

The foods are all virtual, but the warmth, love and family atmosphere are all real.

Welcome to Laura's.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Felicia Anne

hello ditzy! my name is felicia anne, and it is nice to see you here. if you would like, i have some ice cold milk in the kitchen to go with those delicious cookies... wish i had the recipe... so jealous...

if i may ask, does your significant other know about this forum? this could be a wonderful place for them as well...

Guest jaime_lynn

Welcome ditzy,

As you have seen, and as I am learning quickly myself, this is a warm and friendly location (heck, they have milk and cookies! LOL!!!)

You will find a wealth of information. As the cross-dressing half of a couple with an understanding wife, I know that your acceptance means a great deal.

Hugs,

Jaime Lynn

Guest Faerie Princess

Greetings Ditzy,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. As Felicia Anne mentioned, this could be a wonderful place for your s/o.

Please, enjoy your stay :) .

Faerie Princess

Guest ditzydayz

I think he would love it here! But currently due to work and stuff we're living on opposite ends of the country. Granted its not a very big country...but i just didn't get a chance to mention it to him. But i will. :-)

My smilies won't work here at all! Maybe its cos im browsing using my phone??

Oooo thanks for the milk!

Guest Kelly Ann

Hi Ditz Welcome to Laura's Playground...you've happened upon the best place populated by the most outstanding prople. Roam around and check out the articles there's lots that will help.Your a wonderful woman to be so understanding. Bug hug girl, Kelly Ann

Guest Irielle
Hey all!

I have been with the above mentioned amazing boyfriend for a year and a half and have known about his crossdressing since week 3. A friend googled his name and hey presto! That was him outed. Its never bothered me much. When we first talked about it i struggled to understand cos i had nothing to compare it to. I was 19 when i found out and i remember just feeling so young and immature and like i had to act all cool and ok with it. Or he might think i was just a kid!

I like to think that i'm open minded but sometimes i feel so overwhelmed by it all and i feel like i'm a bad person for not being perfectly ok with it.

It doesn't help that my friends just don't understand. Either because they don't want to or cant. Anyway to sum up my very long hello (sorry! :-( ) i guess what i'm here for is to able to talk freely. Among people who are understanding.

Hi Ditzy! Your comments are the same ones my boyfriend has about me. He doesn't understand but is accepting. I think when a person's sex and gender are the same it's difficult for them to understand what's going on inside a person where they don't match. You are going to have a lot of questions and I bet you will never fully understand; that's okay, you'd need to be TG yourself I think to do that. You're not a bad person, you are one of the good ones!

Guest Frank67

Hello Ditzy,

welcome to the forums, one of the friendliest sites around. You already met some really warmhearted persons.

And Irielle is right - I think the same to understand that fully is impossible, but this not important. It is important that you know - it doesn't make you a bad person.

You are trying your best and this makes you an accepting and loving person and I am sure your friend is happy to have you on his side.

Frank

*giggles* Love your name Ditzy, it sums up how I feel about 85% of the time :)

Welcome to the forums, your SO is very lucky to have someone who is trying hard to understand them. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for here.

Guest Emily.SoCal

Heya, Ditzy!

Welcome! You're definitely in the right place.

I can understand where you're coming from. I recently broke up with my girlfriend because (among other things) I was getting closer and closer to transition and expressing my femininity more and more and she got overwhelmed. Now I'm not saying to break up with your boyfriend. What I'm saying is that it's normal to be overwhelmed. We live in a society with a very dominant gender binary and it's not just difficult for the CD/TG/TS individual to interact with society, it's hard for those close to them as well. All you can do is be up front and honest and do what's best for you.

Take care,

Emily

Guest Irielle

Hi again Ditzy -

Last Saturday my bf and I had plans to go out to a function and I was decided to dress for it. I did my hair and had my makeup done by a pro, got all done up. Then on the way to the party he was acting funny and I asked what was wrong. Turns out he was overwhelmed by me dressing and everything and going out. I told him that's okay and said let's not go to the function, let's just go home and have a quiet evening to ourselves so we did and it took the pressure off of him. He has been really cool with everything - this was just a bit too much for him yet and that's okay. I have to remember that no matter how hard he tries he'll never quite truly understand my gender stuff. The important thing is we just keep going along together. It's the journey that is important to me.

I guess my point is that progress comes in fits and starts and sometimes we have to stop and take it slow. Don't be afraid to talk about your side of the relationship, it has to be a shared give and take. It's so cool that you are willing. :)