• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Drabble

Guest Felicia Anne

Guest Felicia Anne

i don't know if i am any good at this, but i wrote this out to reflect on my life up to the point of meeting everyone here...

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Felicia Anne. And the moment she knew who she was, she tried to speak...

"I...", she said in a meek voice, but as she spoke, a louder voice rang out and scared her.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK OR BE!

IF YOU COME OUT TO THE LIGHT, YOU WILL BE RIDICULED!

IF YOU TRY TO SEEK OTHERS, YOU WILL BE SHUNNED!

WOMEN DO NOT WANT YOU!

MEN WILL WISH TO DESTROY YOU!

AND THOSE YOU LOVE WILL BE HURT BY YOU!

SO DO NOT SPEAK!

DO NOT BE!

NO ONE WANTS YOU!!!

A week passed, and she tried to speak again...

"I...", she said meekly...

WOMEN DO NOT WANT YOU!

SO DO NOT SPEAK!

DO NOT BE!

NO ONE WANTS YOU!!!

A month passed, and she tried again to speak...

"I...", she said meekly...

WOMEN DO NOT WANT YOU!

SO DO NOT SPEAK!

DO NOT BE!

NO ONE WANTS YOU!!!

A year passed, and she tried again to speak...

"I...", she meekly said...

WOMEN DO NOT WANT YOU!

SO DO NOT SPEAK!

DO NOT BE!

NO ONE WANTS YOU!!!

In time, the girl stopped talking. To even clear her throat was enough cause for the voice to condemn her harshly. She did not know what she did wrong, and she struggled to make things right. She did not want to be in trouble. She did not want anyone to hate her. All she wanted to do was to love, to be, and to be loved. But after years of trying to say a single word, she knew that the loud voice would be raised against her and drown her soul. So she kept her eyes down, and her thoughts to herself. Her voice was never heard again, and the girl grew up very sad, and very lonely.

But one day, a friend came to Felicia Anne. She took her by the hand and led her towards the light. And as she did, she spoke gently to the girl.

"I am your friend, and I love you very much. You do not need to say a word for me to understand, but I want to hear your voice. For if you can speak, in time, you can sing. And to hear you sing will be a beautiful thing! I do not entirely understand who you are or why you hurt, but from what I do know, I see a girl who is hurting, and I see a girl who needs a friend. Will you let me be your friend?"

And after years of not saying a word, she whispered yes to her friend. And the moment she spoke to her, the loud voice that haunted her all her life simply went away. Felicia Anne smiled and cried tears of joy. Her friend took her in her arms to comfort her, and let her cry her little heart out. They hugged closely, and the friend spoke again to the girl.

"I wish for you to find happiness. I would love to give you that happiness, but I do not know if that is something I am capable of doing." Upon hearing this, Felicia Anne felt her heart start to sink, and she suddenly became afraid.

But with a gentle voice, the friend reassured her. "But I can share with you what I can, and I can guide you towards a direction where you may find the happiness you seek. I cannot answer all of your questions, and I cannot tell you exactly how to find your happiness. But I promise you that I will stand by you, and that when you speak, I will listen. For you are my friend, and as my friend, I will take care of you as friends do. From this moment on, you will never be alone or unheard again."

Felicia Anne whispered thank you, and hugged her again. And together, the two friends looked to find where happiness lives...

Wow Felicia Anne,

That is a very interesting mix of styles and the use of repetition, just enough to really make the point. When she finds her friend I started crying, but that's how I am these days a real softy.

It is a very beautiful look into your soul, and a way to help others understand your shyness.

Great work,

Sally

Felicia Ann you are so welcome to the forum. I know all of us have watched you open up and reveal your talent and your ability to converse. I know you were reluctant at first, but now that"we" are in your "comfort zone" your true gift of conversation and trusting friendship has become our gift............Welcome again to the family................Consider yourself at home, consider yourself part of the family :D

Guest Emily.SoCal

Felicia Anne,

This was very powerful in it's movement from sadness to joy. I could feel your creativity flowing here!

And when that loud, haunting voice went away, I shared your joy. I so hope I can have the same experience someday soon. Why is it so hard for us to get to that point where we realize we're beautiful? We are *beautiful* and yet these voices keep us down. But, hey, I see one girl breaking free from the voices, so why can't I. I feel a little more empowered now.

Thanks for sharing this. :)

-Emily

Guest Kelly Ann

Very Nice young lady :) you realize now you ARE committed...nooooo not THAT way...to expounding further. It's the rules. LOL...Really thoughtful I thoroughly enjoyed reading it...Thank-You Felicia Anne, I'm a fan :D Kelly Ann