• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

hate my parents

Guest nomnomnom

Guest nomnomnom

I need to let off some steam.

I hate my parents... Not so much my dad, as he's really just a drunk old perve, but my mum.... Ohhhh do I hate her.

she has always been embarrassing and makes any situation awkward, from early high school, to this current moment. Especially when drunk.

She is a loudmouth who will tell anyone who listens her lies. She did it to my dad when they were going through rough times to family, friends, neighbors etc. Now she does it to my ex... Well she's always done it to.my ex, just cause she's not from a financially well off family and cause she doesn't trust my mum with looking after our child due to being very inattentive, careless and just plain crazy. She DOES NOT make a good grandmother, despite what she thinks in her head.

she buys my daughter presents which are really meant for herself, and anything that is actually for my daughter is cheap dodgy stuff from the $2 shop (bubble blowers... Are you kidding me?)

they had every opportunity to help me and my family buy a house, move out and live happy, but no, they had to build a mansion on their 3rd block of land, of which, none they rent, they NEED the living space while my daughter doesn't even have a bed of her own.

today she went to the next door neighbors ridiculous dainty tea party, got drunk and forced us to come over to it. All we got out of it was embarrassment, as she obviously hasn't told the neighbors about my changes, told them all bad yet untrue things about my ex and just displayed my daughter like a fancy doll. She's not proud of her granddaughter, she just loves the image of it.

luckily, we went to the circus before hand and were spared most of the horror. But this was enough to urine my ex and me off to boiling point.

When I was young, I thought the sun shone out of her behind, but now I know she's just someone I would never associate with if I could help it.

Guest sophia.gentry58

Honey, I'm so sorry your are having such a difficult time with your parents and especially your mother. However, I would caution you not use your words carelessly, as much as your mother upsets you and embarrasses you, hate is a very strong word and you wouldn't want something fatal to happen to her and your last thoughts of her is of hate.

Sophia

Guest Sarah Faith

Well that sounds pretty terrible Alicia, have you and your wife considered telling your mother how her behavior affects those around her? Sometimes that actually works, and if not well we all have family that embarrasses us. If she is really a toxic influence in your life with no desire or willingness to change then it may be time to distance your self until she does change.

It sounds like it is more of an annoyance than anything though, and I can totally relate with that I have family that is not just an embarrassment to me but to them selves as well. it's a pain and its hard to ignore, I personally just avoid contact as much as possible.

Hugs,

Sarah

• Forum Moderator

Alicia, Sorry that your mom is causing such anger and pain for you and your family. Sounds like she has a drinking problem. I did as well and caused much damage to those around me. You might want to consider Al-Anon which helps the loved ones of alcoholics. Otherwise just try to forgive as you can.

And be the best mom to your daughter that you can be. We just can't control the actions of others as much as we might want to.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Jennifer T

Alicia, I honestly know nothing of your situation other than what I just read here. And that truly gives me very little information about you circumstances. I do agree with the others here that 'hate' us a strong word. And yes it does sound like your mother has a drinking issue. Al anon may be worth your consideration. Also, one thing I read stuck out to me. You stated that your parent bought more home when they could have bought you a home? Again, I don't know your situation, but most of us have to make our own way. It sounds like you might expect your parents to provide a place for you and your SO and daughter? Is that what you believe?

I am truly sorry that she is causing you such pain. And I believe there comes a time in everyone's life when they need to get out from under their parents governorship; start their own lives, homes, families. I hope you can find a way to do so.

Peace.

Guest nomnomnom

I would never expect them to buy me a home. What I would have wanted was to borrow some money off them, only for a year (I had it all planned out, property went up a lot in the time I had the opportunity to a year later)

anyway, that boat has passed now... I'll do it on my own. When it comes to my own daughter I am not going to be at all selfish and help her out.

my mum isn't a problem drunk, she's just even more obnoxious when she is. My dad on the other hand can't go a day without at least 10 cans of beer and a lot of cigarettes. He's the one that needs help in that regard, but will never accept it because he still has the rebel attitude from years passed, even if his own family is just worried about his health, namely his liver.

Alcohol can make people do things that normally they wouldn't. Behind it is bitterness about their own lives and how it turned out. Hating them won't change them. I pray that you will not become bitter towards them because you'll only hurt yourself and others in your circle. Your folks do need help

but they have to want to get help. Keep encouraging them because maybe one day they will.

:)