• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

things I HATE about being a girl.

Guest kariann330

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drea

• Sally

• Cyndee

• VickySGV

Guest Caliana

My wife does complain about me spending too much time in the bathroom. I do enjoy plucking my eyebrows. Guns are not a concern, just not into it. I'm not far enough along to have boobs. If and when I do, when I notice a guy looking at me like I'm stupid, I hope it makes me smile. It is true, there's just not enough hours in the day to make yourself look fabulous!

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

When you're trying to look super cute and a big gust of wind blows your hair all in your face, some of which gets stuck on your lipstick.

It's hard to look cute when you're looking like Cousin It. (the older gals who remember the tv show will get that reference)

..or when your hair just will not cooperate that day.

Trying to walk between two trailers (or any tight space for that matter) and getting a big spot of dirt on your shirt thanks to your boobs being in the way. Lovely.

While eating, accidentally spilling something on your shirt. Thank goodness your boobs were there to catch it!

While eating, accidentally getting your hair in your food.

While eating, leaning forward a bit to not spill on your shirt and your boob lands in the mashed potatoes on your plate.

I don't know why some people call these things 'fun bags'. Some days they're not very much fun.... lol

Guest Bellexia

When you're trying to look super cute and a big gust of wind blows your hair all in your face, some of which gets stuck on your lipstick.

It's hard to look cute when you're looking like Cousin It. (the older gals who remember the tv show will get that reference)

..or when your hair just will not cooperate that day.

Trying to walk between two trailers (or any tight space for that matter) and getting a big spot of earth on your shirt thanks to your boobs being in the way. Lovely.

While eating, accidentally spilling something on your shirt. Thank goodness your boobs were there to catch it!

While eating, accidentally getting your hair in your food.

While eating, leaning forward a bit to not spill on your shirt and your boob lands in the mashed potatoes on your plate.

I don't know why some people call these things 'fun bags'. Some days they're not very much fun.... lol

I hate the things that fall in between the boobs :x

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Karma has a funny way of catching up to me on this one. I used to be a jerk in high school and one day at lunch, I sat in a mixed group, I took some carrot slices and threw them down the shirt of two female friends sitting with us. A few got caught in their bras and they had to excuse themselves to the ladies room to go pull them out.

At the time it was funny. In hindsight now, I was probably taking out my jealousy of wanting to be just like them, and....it was a real jerk thing to do!

Guest Bellexia

Karma has a funny way of catching up to me on this one. I used to be a jerk in high school and one day at lunch, I sat in a mixed group, I took some carrot slices and threw them down the shirt of two female friends sitting with us. A few got caught in their bras and they had to excuse themselves to the ladies room to go pull them out.

At the time it was funny. In hindsight now, I was probably taking out my jealousy of wanting to be just like them, and....it was a real jerk thing to do!

D=< I've had someone do that to me at work while wearing a low cut shirt!

Guest noelleis

WHAT TOWN.....I WANT TO MOVE THERE!!!!

Ps....i own 7 gunsguns and just got my class 3 FFL...full auto here i come!!

May I ask what on earth you need fully automatic weapons for? Just curious.

Guest Bellexia

Fer shooting stuff.

Guest Kaylee234

Fer shooting stuff.

Yeah. Guns are fun and stuff, and I earned my markswoman merit badge on 9mm, combat shotgun, and M14 rifle during my stint in physical security. But, I've never owned a gun on purpose. Because If I had, you never would have met me.

~ Kay

Guest kariann330

Sending $10 worth of ammo down range in about 45 seconds instead of 2min....also with select fire guns being hard to find here in the US, having one in the safe/gun room will turn out to be a better investment then stocks or bonds ever will be, especially if that gun is working. Just recently a WW2 Grand sold at auction for 15K....that's why i want a full auto.

Guest sophia.gentry58

I hate that I can't touch my face when I have makeup on.

I hate that when I'm sleeping I can't just hop in the bed, because I have to take off my makeup.

As far as spending time in the bathroom my wife had always accused me of spending too much time in the bathroom before my transition; now I can take my merry old time and feel good about it.

Sophia

Guest N. Jane

Particularly when such 'things' are very hot or very cold! It is difficult to remain classy and lady-like while dislodging a flaming ember from between the girls!

I suppose if I were to think about it long enough I could find something that mildly annoys me but I do not hate any part of finally being a woman - the same could not be said of the first 58 years of being perceived as male.

Here goes, I don't like the much larger role that age discrimination plays in the hiring process for women as apposed to men: we are getting older, they are getting more mature.

I don't much care for the need for a heightened awareness of everything around me at night - at 6'3" and at times topping 360 pounds I never worried about being attacked - I am still 6'3" but down to 267 pounds and very aware that my appearance is no longer threatening to anyone means that I cannot just wonder around alone and carefree after midnight like I used to.

The trouble that I am having with jar lids!

I was going to say something about losing my car on parking lots and not ever knowing where my keys are but I forgot what I was thinking about....

I had hoped that all of my daydreaming and fantasizing about a better life would end but instead they just got so much more vivid.

My incredible sense of directions is definitely a thing of the past - left it behind in the male world and I cannot go back to get it because I cannot find the way.

I do believe that any woman with long hair should use flavored shampoo - it is getting in your mouth at some point during the day so it might as well taste good.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I hate sweating while you're trying to look cute and pretty. Totally ruins the image. :(

I also hate other women who cannot hover correctly over a toilet seat and they get urine all over the place. Gross!

Guest Billie De

One new thing I have discovered I am really starting to hate as a Girl after the top surgery... Door Jams keep jumping out and hitting the girls. I really wish my house would learn to accept me as and quit bamboozling me at every turn.

Guest Sarah Faith

Because the things that we hate about being a woman are somewhat amusing, the things we love are pretty much expected. lol :)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I hate tiny bathroom stalls! I hate having to step around the toilet in order for me to get in far enough to be able to close the door. I hate standing up to button my jeans and almost putting my eye out on the coat hook on the door. I hate having to be so quiet and secretive when I'm doing something other than #1. Everybody poops, why do we have to do it like a stealth bomber? Maybe bomber was a bad word choice? "opening hatch doors. target acquired. direct hit, courtesy flush!"

But yeah I hate tiny bathroom stalls. I hate tiny toilet seats, too. I also hate not being able to use the larger handicapped stall in case a mom and kids come in, where they would obviously need it.

Guest LauraJen

Surprisingly this thread got more replies then the "things I love....." thread did so far....kinda shocked actually

To be fair, some of them have not been entirely on topic, and others are just responses to what is already there rather than new posts. I know transitioning doesn't necessarily make your life perfect, but honestly, how does all of the negative points here so far compare to living an unfulfilling life full of depression and dysphoria?

I know I am nowhere close to full time, but one thing i hate is shoes. Yes, I love them, but I find myself between 7s and 8s (in UK sizing) so often. Plus a lot of pumps have low cut vamps and my toes show up quite a lot in them because they are slightly long (I'm thanking my dad's genes for that one) and I really don't like this. Some women and men consider it flattering, but I really don't. When i am looking for shoes, which is nearly always pumps (court shoes) and ballerina flats, space at the front is something I always look for. Women's shoes have a tendency to run tight, for example the black and pink ones in my gallery are quite tight at the front, but not completely unwearable. There is absolutely no chance of me getting rid of these so I might need to invest in a shoe stretcher for these and others I get in the future that have the same problem.

Maybe I will have more to add when the time comes. But honestly, while being a woman may have it's drawbacks, if transition is the answer and this is what I am meant to be (which I am certain of now, having had all this time to think about it) then I am going to go for it.

Guest Maria_B

I hate worrying about my looks constantly, and particularly in the gaming world.

Personally, if I meet another girl, she can be the furthest away from a Boy's midsummer night dream (haha, its funny, see? It means two things!), if she can play the game well, thats all I care about. But, these boys... ''Are you hot? Are you this are you that?''.

I hate boobs eating better than I do. They're mine, Nachoes.

I hate shaving my legs. (In fact, I haven't in a long time. No one gives me funny looks. Girls understand).

Guest LizMarie

I hate tiny bathroom stalls! I hate having to step around the toilet in order for me to get in far enough to be able to close the door. I hate standing up to button my jeans and almost putting my eye out on the coat hook on the door. I hate having to be so quiet and secretive when I'm doing something other than #1. Everybody poops, why do we have to do it like a stealth bomber? Maybe bomber was a bad word choice? "opening hatch doors. target acquired. direct hit, courtesy flush!"

Here's a tiny tip - get several sheets of toilet paper and drop them into the water first creating a floating blanket. They will definitely subdue much of the noise of your bowel movement. :)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Here's a tiny tip - get several sheets of toilet paper and drop them into the water first creating a floating blanket. They will definitely subdue much of the noise of your bowel movement. :)

I'll try that next time.

Also up in Canada they have this fantastic product called "Just a drop" and you put one or two drops in a fresh toilet bowl and it keeps those unpleasant and unladylike odors trapped under the water and not in the noses of you and everyone else in the bathroom.

The toilet paper blanket was a much better idea than my original plan of playing the cymbals....

Guest LizMarie

Actually, at places that don't have toilet seat covers, I often extensively wipe the seat down anyway and use that to spread across the water in the bowl. So it serves multiple purposes.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I know I said it once before but it bears repeating: having to stand in line to use the bathroom! At least we're all miserable while waiting for the magical door to open.