• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

LGBT PRIDE in a prayer

VickySGV

• Admin

In the Episcopal Church which I am part of, during the liturgy of the church service, short prayers called "collects" are read. I had no idea it was coming, but my priest read one today in remembrance of the LGBT Pride activities takeing part in different cites today. I cannot remember the exact words of it, but it asked for God to inspire our hearts to respect the dignity and life of every other person and remember that all of us are beloved children of God without any exception.

After our Holy Communion service, I went to the Los Angeles Pride festival in West Hollywood CA (WeHo), and the Episcopal Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Chruch, Metropolitan Community Church and UUC churches all were represented at the Pride Fest, I ended up buying one T shirt at the Episcopal booth that has "Love Is Love Is Love amen" in a rainbow of colors on it, and they were selling like hotcakes, It was turning into a hug fest there too.

Guest rexxmarksley

It's really great to hear of churches being accepting, you always seem to hear the negative side of it. It's good to hear positive reactions.

Hope you had a good time at pride :)

I've find that the number of churches participating has increased over the years. I attend a Reformed Church (Fort Washington Collegiate Church) which is accepting and affirming.

:D:D