• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Work place fun

• Forum Moderator

I changed my name a few weeks ago. The company directory lags behind a little, even though the changes are going through. So in the interim period I answer my inbound calls as somtimes Cynthia (alto range), sometimes just the company name with no name given just to see who the other person asks for. Last week I had a wonderful exchange with one of my internal customers as Cynthia, I was passing on the phone as far as I can tell, a very knowledgable gentleman, whom Cynthia provided a key troubleshooting answer to. This week this same person calls my number, and asks for him, I think to myself, OK, I'll play along, so this time he explains the same scenario, a little differently, he is talking to him in his mind, I lower my inflection just a bit, to fit the expectations. He told me that he thought about the problem over the weekend and decided to bring in a volt meter to check the fuses in the power supply (the answer Cynthia provided last week), I agreed with him that could be the problem. He called back to confirm that was the issue (blown fuse). Only this time he figured out he was calling the same number, I admitted Cynthia gave him the key troubleshooting tip last week, and that I was changing my name. Happy ending the problem is being fixed with a 10 cent part, instead of a $800 card, it was a girl that gave him the solution. Very interesting how I was treated by the same person dealing with the same issue as her first, then him, we all were just happy in the end the problem was being fixed. I will have to deal with the transition of my customer base (1000's) over the next few months I'm sure, so I keep a sense of humor about it, and that goes over well, nothing to hide here, I am a girl, that used to be a guy, so what.

Cynthia -

• Admin

I love your attitude, and how you handled that, Cindy. Having a sense of humor, and easily forgiving those minor transgressions is the way to go in those early months.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Careful there sis, or you will have him blowing fuses, or thinking his polarity is reversed!! I have recently come across the "what does a girl know" attitude from people who knew me as male. It's a hoot.

Guest LizMarie

Cynthia, your posts have taken a decided upbeat turn lately. I am so glad! I can tell that making the change and moving forward is making you happy. And well done on the support call!

Hello Cindy

Isn't it amazing how much fun life becomes when you crawl out of a lifelong rut and see those positive and real changes that your mind has been screaming for. Cyndi you are giving me some naughty ideas to brighten work up a bit. It does get a bit dull from time to time and there are a few friends whose chain it would be fun to pull a bit. Two days at St Louis Pride and a spectacular day today on the journey has sure fired up the bee in my bonnet. You are a true inspiration to those of us floating around in the clouds. :superman: Cindy. Keep sharing the fun. Kathryn

Girls definitely wanna have fun don't they Cindy. Two days at St Louis Pride Festival and a particularly splendid day changing my identity and I could definitely see having a little fun with some folks. Even pull a chain or two, tee hee. :harhar: Bad girls, oh yes. Kathryn