• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Taiwan Revokes Marriage License for TS Couple

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I have just a little bit of me that says I am on the side of the Taiwnese government, since it seems like the one person was fine using their gender for a specific purpose, and when it got them what they wanted, it went the way of the Dodo Bird. Their seems to have been an element of manipulativeness. One of the concepts we study in law school during our full year class on Judicial Equity is the "Clean Hands Doctrine" which effectively says that if you get to a good end using bad means, that the courts will not uphold your rights in the matter. I am looking at this from that point of view. HMMMMMM!! I don't know what Taiwan's legal system is based on, but I see the issue before most US and English based legal systems and being sneaky and manipulative would be held against us.