• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Earrings: Diamonds or Pearls?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Which do you prefer: diamond or pearl earrings?

They're both classic, they both go with everything.

Do you have a preference? I'm still on the fence. I like them both for different reasons. Diamonds are flashy and pretty and sparkly, pearls are more subtle but still glamorous. Diamonds say "look, I have money!" Pearls say "Hi, I come from money but I'm not going to show it off in such an obvious way."

You can easily pair both with just about any outfit and it would be okay, which to me is great because I haven't found a pair of other earrings that I really like...aside from hoops. I love hoop earrings.

Diamond studs, bar none, LIzzie.

They do not say I have money, 'cause I have none since I got my studs.giggle

Haven't found pearls which I like, yet.

Definitely hoops for me as well. :thumbsup:

Just having a tough time justifying the current price of gold. :(:banghead:

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

• Forum Moderator

I go for the wonderful flash of a good crystal. Faceted glass is just fine for me but i've been wearing hoops the last few weeks as i can sleep in them. that's the lazy old guy in me talking. I'm tickled to change them for an "occasion" but that's certainly not a daily occurrence. I don't have any pearls i like but might wear them if i did.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest DianeATL

Don't you know - Diamonds are a girls best friend ;-)

I also like the CZ option as no one really gets close enough to your ear to start assessing the value of the studs.

Now a pearl necklace is simple elegance at its best. It goes with everything and is classy. B

Guest Kalie Aowynn

I see I am joining a major movement for diamonds . I am with Bellexia. I feel pearls look like my granmother or Marge Simpson.

Guest Jamie_cd

I feel pearls look like my granmother or Marge Simpson.

I agree! While pearls are very elegant, they're not something I'd wear on a daily basis. They're a little too "dressy" for me. Diamonds seem to be more for day to day wear and can go with anything.

I wear a single smallish-medium pearl stud in each ear regularly. I like it because it denotes a bit more femininity than the single gold stud in each ear I have worn for several years. I have recently taken to hoops up to 1.5 inches when dressed androgenous or femme. I'm afraid I care less and less what the cashier in the store thinks lol!

Michelle