• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

9 Weeks on T, but only minimal changes...?

Guest wolfySH

Guest wolfySH

Hi, so I've been on a half dose-- standard starting dose though I think--? of T for just over 9 weeks now. (IM injection)

and I feel like I haven't experienced very many changes at all.

My voice has maybe gotten very slightly deeper.

My body shape has gotten maybe very slightly more masculine.

I've been working out so my arms are looking pretty good.

and I'm starting to see a little bit more body hair-- mostly just starting of a happy trail, which makes me kind of happy, indeed.

I've been perusing youtube to check out some of my trans*bro's vlogs and I feel like every single one of the 10 or so that I watched at their 9 week mark were significantly ahead of me in terms of masculinity and the magnitude of the changes they've experienced.

For a little while I was worried that I was somehow doing my shot wrong (I wasn't) and the T was just disappearing-- but my levels are actually within target range.

but now I'm worrying that I have like a partial androgen insensitivity or something?

and I mean I'm probably worrying about nothing.

but I don't pass at all still.

It's depressing.

I'll show a side-by side of pre-T (well, okay, day 1) with 9 weeks.

tumblr_mnbm4sHcqF1ssqbxzo1_500_zps910453

tumblr_mpxv2souwy1ssqbxzo1_500_zps2c2c01

9 weeks isn't long at all. Don't worry.

Some of the video I have seen, in my view many of the early, fast changes were in some ways a combination of effects some of which were changes in attitude and presentation that weren't really hormone related.

Now the guys I know in person, their effects were slower but none the less profound over the period of a few years.

Hormones aren't magic. While some may experience faster changes, it often can take longer. Give it time, don't worry.

• Admin

It took me from age 14 when exactly ONE whisker developed untl age 25 to fully get my (unwanted) masculinization completed. It was nearly a year before the second whisker came along to join the first one. 9 weeks is not going to do much that you can see, but your attitude toward life can carry you forward if the old bod seems a little slow.

Guest MrAwesome

That's pretty normal, my doctor started me on a full dose - my hormone levels were pretty high when I had bloodwork done at my 3 month mark, and I had to reduce my T. Even with my T levels being so high it's not like I experienced a significant amount of changes in the 1st 2 months. Being that I'm not all that skinny, I could tell my face was starting to thin out a little. I noticed more body hair and my voice dropped. I also started developing random little dark facial hairs. It's going to take a while, just hang in there. Every guy changes in different ways in different order at different rates. It all depends on your genetics and T levels.

dont worry just yet, 9 weeks really isn't long when it comes to hormonal developlment. But i'm sure i'll be just as bad as as you, if not worse, feeling like I'm forever waiting for changes. Too eager to grow that beard!

A lot of the time you don't recognize the changes because you're always around you. If you want to figure out if you've had any voice changes, record some audio of yourself now and compare it against something from before you started testosterone. Take pictures of yourself from the same angle frequently. Not a whole lot happens that's physically obvious in the first few months usually.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 92 Guests (See full list)

• JenniferB
    • VickySGV
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Carolyn Marie
    • SamC
    • Vidanjali
    • Amberoni
    • Thea
    • Josie O.
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Selena729
    Newest Member
    Selena729

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • JenniferB
      Patches are the HRT method of least risk. Be aware of your estrogen levels with bloodwork. My doctor took me off patches because my estrogen levels were low. And put me on estradiol valerate injections. I have to say that made a big difference. Be aware of the changes. I don't know your age, or circumstances, but I would research available options of administering hormones.    There are other methods of taking estrogen, and you should research all of them. When my doctor changed my prescription to estradiol valerate amazing things happened. He was slow to prescribe the needles so I ordered them online. I have used injectables before. Getting the nerve to poke myself with the needle was a great hurdle to overcome.   As far as a rollercoaster feeling, I never felt that as much as the excitement of finally starting HRT. That overrode everything. I couldn't focus on how my emotions changed, for excitement trumped all emotions. Let the emotions of starting HRT settle, then make the decisions you feel will best benefit you.    Good luck with your journey,   Jennifer
    • Mmindy
      Welcome back Jennifer    It’s nice to meet you and I look forward to your postings.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KatieSC
      Regarding the candidates...this is the best either side could do since Obama was President? Biden is supportive, but when I see really solid gains, like ensuring that all transition services are covered by all insurance companies, I will believe the support.   I do not think anybody is trying to destroy the country, but with the current polarization, there is no compromise. There is this "you are either with us or against us" mantra being touted. We can moan all we want about Trump and his ilk, but face it: They are very well coordinated on a national level. They currently have a number of states with a super-majority.   What set all of this in motion? I suspect that there is a lot of things that got under the skin of a lot of conservative folks. Some of it our own fault, and some of it not. Make no mistake, we are in trouble. If they successfully ban child and adolescent transition nationally, I suspect we will be next. Now they may not pass a law, but if they eliminate the requirement that insurance companies cover the costs of medications, procedures, and surgeries, there will be fewer folks transitioning. The services may still be available, but it will be a cash only business. There are already a fair number of healthcare providers who will not accept the insurance reimbursement rates. There are a number of folks that will lack the resources. That is how you limit our existence. We will still exist, but it will get much harder.
    • JenniferB
      I talked to my doctor about this. And I was frank. He told me I was in a grey area, and I agree. I scored a 3, but alcohol has not controlled my life. I won't drink when I have obligations. But, when I can relax, I drink sometimes. I can control it. I intentionally don't buy alcohol before I go to work at the hospital. When I get off work I can't buy it. And this is by design.    Do I have an alcohol problem? Yes. Can I control it? Yes. Does AA help? Yes. But I consider myself a borderline alcoholic. And yes I'd love to stop and AA works for this. I found I don't need the 12 steps, attending is enough to stop the craving.
    • Carolyn Marie
      If the Dems can hold onto the Senate and flip the House, I feel certain that a lot of protections that have been given via Presidential orders will be codified into law.  It's a long shot, I know, but well worth fighting for.   Carolyn Marie
    • Ladypcnj
      Biden is trying to help us, but it's the republicans who wants to roll back our civil rights. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Nice to see you back here, Jenn.    You were a great contributor to this forum, and i know you have much to offer.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Ivy
      I don't have the reference at hand, but at a rally (I believe) here in NC, he remarked at how surprised he was at the hate he could stir up by mentioning trans people. Since all he personally stands for is Trump, I doubt that he personally gives a rat's a$$ about us.  But, it plays to his base.   Here's one https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-checks-crowd-over-crazy-063513389.html   "“I talk about transgender, everyone goes crazy. Who would have thought? Five years ago, you didn’t know what the hell it was.”"
    • Ivy
      Do you actually believe that the republican congress would vote for trans rights?  That seems to be the one thing left that they actually are united on.   I'm not convinced Biden is "destroying" the country.  I'm not a big fan, actually. However, since the stated goal of the Republican Party is my elimination (2025), I wouldn't be able to enjoy the coming conservative paradise anyway.  My survival as a free trans woman is kinda on the ballot.  So call me a "single issue   voter" it's out of necessity.   I stand by my original statement.  
    • Ladypcnj
      I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this way, I've been listening to what people had been recently saying, wondering why is he so hard on the Lgbt + community? Maybe there is something he's not telling? 
    • MaryEllen
      Welcome back, Jennifer. It's good to see you again.     {{{HUGS}}}   MaryEllen
    • JenniferB
      I am concerned about what Trump will do to the transgender community. One group of his supporters are evangelical Christians. I want to emphasize that not all of these Christians are non-supportive, but there are a lot. When you add that transgender people are being singled out as a punching bag for many politicians, our lives become more in jeopardy. We need to stand up and fight back. We have a right to the same freedoms as everyone else.
    • VickySGV
      Welcome back.
    • JenniferB
      My name is Jennifer, and used to be a part of this forum, going back to Laura's' Playground. I already know quite a few of the people here. I started transition about 15 years ago. My  gender markers are changed with Social Security and birth certificate. The reason I am returning is I believe I can help guide newer members through the pitfalls of their transitioning experience.   I lived in Arizona, and now live in Maine. And the first thing I want to emphasize is where you live can matter a lot. In Maine, I work in a hospital, and find many of my co-workers very accepting. I find the women more understanding and enjoy my journey more. Of course, this is a small sample, and your mileage may vary.    What I found as one of the most important topics when choosing a place to live. I found only one transgender doctor who understands, or is willing to monitor my HRT. But, he has stopped his regular practice and only sees some of his regular patients on Wednesday mornings. He has changed his career and teaches residents the rest of the week. He told me he wanted to teach other doctors how to work with transgender clients. This subject is woefully lacking in Medical School. I was using the transdermal patch, and we agreed to switch to estradiol valerate. He is working on more feminizing my body. I don't doubt he will be supportive when I decide to go through my surgery, hopefully next year. I will be on Medicare and they support surgery, if it is considered medically necessary.    That is enough for now, and I appreciate this site for all the help with transgender support.   Jennifer
    • Timber Wolf
      trump only knows how to tear down and destroy. Actually doing something positive and building anything up seems to be beyond his grasp. It's such a a shame that so many people are so bent on trump's hatred and anger. Unhappy people all ☹️    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.