• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wow! this is a choice?

Guest jessica55417

Guest jessica55417

I love it when people say "this" is a choice......Yes, I chose to explore Jessica. I had to. You all know this.....In the process of exploring I haven't even started HRT......I've still lost my son, wife and job........I'd "choose" this any day....Ugggggggggg....

• Admin

Many of us have made the choice to live. When over 40% of transgendered people have seriously considered suicide, if we are alive we did not choose that at least. You are one who is alive, and there is no telling if you have really LOST things forever. Your marriage depended on another person who did not choose to do her part to keep it alive, so your choice there did not hold, but only a single share of that was yours. Your relationship with your child can still happen if you choose to get help and use the help. There are companies who are openly affirming of our rights and our usefulness to their business but we do have to choose to seek them out and sell ourselves to them, but our choice there will a wonderful one.

What we did not choose was to have a physiological difference in our bodies that makes our minds go in different directions than other people.

We have a gift though and not a curse if we choose to use the gift. Some people like us choose to use their gifts to help others such as themselves, choose to seek them out and add your gift to theirs and we can all have a better world.

Guest Dorothy Lynne

I chose to confront the inner self that was frustrated and emotionally drained from having the internal battle of answering once and for all 'who am I?' We've all done it, and one night we make a decision that regardless of what other people think, say or write it is our life. A life not lived to the fullest is a waste, or so some of us have been told. I choose to live the rest of my life as I see fit and as the persona I feel I am. It isn't easy and it is full of possible rejection and emotional outbursts (mine and others) but it is my life to the fullest use of my energy, personality, emotional well being and my inner peace. Maybe born that way, but it takes an intellectual decision to express ourselves and be who we want and NEED to be. I've heard people in the gay/lesbian community say "I was born this way" as if it was a handicap or stigma. The more recent approach is simply, 'I am who I am, deal with it'. Personally I prefer 'deal'.

Guest N. Jane

Sure it is a "choice"!

A long time ago I had three options

1 - try to live as a guy and be miserable until I finally took my own life.

2 - live as me, but incomplete, until I couldn't take it any more and ended it all, or

3 - transition, have SRS, and life happily.

That's a choice ..... not much of one but it is a choice.

Guest Bellexia

Yeah like N. Jane says, theoretically it is a choice. I chose to come out, I chose to transition, I chose to eat cheerios for breakfast instead of a egg sammish. However the choice of being born with this? Nah, we can just choose how we deal with it. Life is a series of compromises.

Guest LizMarie

Yeah like N. Jane says, theoretically it is a choice. I chose to come out, I chose to transition, I chose to eat cheerios for breakfast instead of a egg sammish. However the choice of being born with this? Nah, we can just choose how we deal with it. Life is a series of compromises.

Bellexia nails it. We can choose how we deal with it. And choosing to deal with it, it is not wrong to choose life, to choose a chance at happiness. It is wrong for someone else to condemn you for dealing with something you had no choice about.