• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wanted To Say Hello

Guest rayne1

Hi everyone:

I have found this site and decided to see what types of chat I could find here.

I am a new male to female transitioner.

I have been browsing the internet for information on TS's and how best to go about this.

I guess the hardest thing to find is a therapist in my area that deals with GID. Apparently this is required as I approach going full time and any emotional problems I will have to deal with. Also a requirement for letters dealing with legal issues.

I went to an electrologist last monday to get some laser and electrolysis done. she seemed very supportive of the fact that I was starting transition.

I know that everyone here is or has gone through there own steps or are in the same place that I am today and have their own questions.

Maybe as we travel this road each can be of some assistance to someone else in some area by the topics logged in on this site.

Guest Irielle

Hi Rayne and welcome! Lots of good peoples will be here soon to say hello and the ladies always make great cookies.

You can be exactly who you are here, you don't have to hide. It's so nice and supportive and safe.

You are on the right road and definitely find a good gender therapist - they are a must.

Aha, I think I spy Elizabeth and Sally and Zabrak and some others coming....... :lol: (steals a cookie from the plate)

Iri

Guest Kelly Ann

Hi Rayne1...Welcome to the Forums. There's sooo much here...speaking of which, a link...

http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

if you go to the bottom of any page and do a Goggle search on Laura's site it will pull this and many other links up, or just about anything you may care to learn about. The Forums have a LOT of info on them and sometimes the older posts are very informative and really interesting. Keep a smile handy and if you'd like a snicker doodle I have some to share :) Your new friend, Kelly Ann

Hi Rayne,

Did I just see Irielle running off with a cookie? Don't worry I have plenty more, get comfy and have some cookies and milk tonight - it's kind of a milk night here with the storms blowing through Texas. Donna Jean always has hot cocoa, but she's up in the snow. :D

feel free to look around and visit all of the forums, ask questions, offer opinions and advice, we want to hear from you too.

We are all here to support each other.

The food is virtual (no calories and we never run out) but the warmth and family feel are very real.

Welcome to the playground.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Kelly Ann

Thank you for the welcome and information and for the cookie. I have to watch my weight you know. Got to try and get that girlish figure in line.

I did not find any of the therapist listed that were close to me. I had tried a Google search before and had not found any. I did find one but I don't know if they handle Gender therapy patients. I am currently doing Electrolysis and laser therapy so I don't know if I can afford all of this at one time even though it would be good if I could. I know it all has to be done sometime, I did contact the one that is online consultation for $35.00 per session. Have you used any of these or did you find one close to you?

Hi Rayne1...Welcome to the Forums. There's sooo much here...speaking of which, a link...

http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

if you go to the bottom of any page and do a Goggle search on Laura's site it will pull this and many other links up, or just about anything you may care to learn about. The Forums have a LOT of info on them and sometimes the older posts are very informative and really interesting. Keep a smile handy and if you'd like a snicker doodle I have some to share :) Your new friend, Kelly Ann

Hi Irielle:

Thank you so much for the welcome.

Yes, being able to talk to others is helpful in many ways and will help with my transitioning.

Hi Rayne and welcome! Lots of good peoples will be here soon to say hello and the ladies always make great cookies.

You can be exactly who you are here, you don't have to hide. It's so nice and supportive and safe.

You are on the right road and definitely find a good gender therapist - they are a must.

Aha, I think I spy Elizabeth and Sally and Zabrak and some others coming....... :lol: (steals a cookie from the plate)

Iri

Hi Sally:

Thank you for the welcom and cookies, I have to watch my weight though, but they were good.

About the storm. Yes, it went through here also. I heard that on its way it hit Oklahoma and there are so far 15 counted dead from the tornado that touched down there.

Hi Rayne,

Did I just see Irielle running off with a cookie? Don't worry I have plenty more, get comfy and have some cookies and milk tonight - it's kind of a milk night here with the storms blowing through Texas. Donna Jean always has hot cocoa, but she's up in the snow. :D

feel free to look around and visit all of the forums, ask questions, offer opinions and advice, we want to hear from you too.

We are all here to support each other.

The food is virtual (no calories and we never run out) but the warmth and family feel are very real.

Welcome to the playground.

Love ya,

Sally

Hey Zabrak:

Thanks for dropping in to say hello. Thank you.

Hope you have a good day today.

I hope to hear from you more.

Hey, rayne, welcome to Laura's Playground.

B)

I got to run so my welcome is short but I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

Guest Felicia Anne

hello rayne... welcome!

this is a great place for you to be, and we are glad to have you here (hug)

i usually bring cookies & milk, but because i am having a bad day here, i am going to work out my feelings through culinary therapy. who wants spaghetti & meatballs (barilla pasta, turkey meatballs, shredded mozzarella, and sockarooni sauce) with some fresh baked bread and creamery butter? i made plenty for everybody!

(putting on my apron & handing out bowls...)

Guest Elizabeth K

WOW you snuck past me (hide those cookies) I guess I was in the back muching some of the ones just outa the oven

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

We have a great site and glad you found us - and from your posting glad we found you!

It seems you may have just come home.

We are mostly like you - some are not transitioning, some are going FTM. There are also others here that are VEEEERY interesting and kinda smart. So look around and post a few questions, make a few comments. And you mentioned CHAT - look there too.

Me? I am rather new - about four months into transitioning... and I am like a few here - seriously senior (a lady never tells her true age) I am ...uh... 21 plus. uhuuuuummm. {I got thrown outta the senior citizen forum}

Lizzy

HEY - you did good - post a topic or something? Do you need a bit of info on finding a therapist? Let us know.

Guest Donna Jean

**CLANG * BANG***

OMG...here comes the cookie cart....

***PANT...PANT***

OMG!! Welcome to the Playground, Rayne1...geez..I'm seriously late today...but, every one seems to be having terrible storms and power outs and tornados..OH MY!!

Here, Hon...how 'bout some hot coco..that always loosens the gab a bit...OOhhhh oh oh..and some cookies, too if everyone will quit sneeking them off of the tray! Hrumph........ <_<

I see that you are settleing in quite nicely and I'm sure that you've found everyone friendly and helpful.

We keep it nice and safe..keep the meanies out!

So we all can sit and chat and get to know each other...

Enjoy your time here, Hon...

Sorry that I was late....<Wheez>

XXOO

Donna Jean

I know you having been baking and cooking. That can take time out of the day. Thank you for the welcome. Oh you know what chocolate does to those hormones.

I tried to get on the live chat but for some reason I cannot get it to work. I registered and logged in but can't seem to find the rules on how to start the chat. Maybe this is just as good. there seems to be a lot of good people here so far.

**CLANG * BANG***

OMG...here comes the cookie cart....

***PANT...PANT***

OMG!! Welcome to the Playground, Rayne1...geez..I'm seriously late today...but, every one seems to be having terrible storms and power outs and tornados..OH MY!!

Here, Hon...how 'bout some hot coco..that always loosens the gab a bit...OOhhhh oh oh..and some cookies, too if everyone will quit sneeking them off of the tray! Hrumph........ <_<

I see that you are settleing in quite nicely and I'm sure that you've found everyone friendly and helpful.

We keep it nice and safe..keep the meanies out!

So we all can sit and chat and get to know each other...

Enjoy your time here, Hon...

Sorry that I was late....<Wheez>

XXOO

Donna Jean