• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Today's Advise

JJ

• Forum Moderator

Uhm.............

Well the truth is today I don't really have any except that sometimes it's good to just let it all go and veg a bit. Be mellow.

The weather is cool and the wildlife stirring again in the woods - I'm heading out to wander around and enjoy the new growth and the renewed life that is somehow more touching and precious for the coming of fall. My favorite time until the hunters hit the woods with me. A time of ripeness and renewal when the rains come again after the blazing heat and humidity of summer. The last couple of days we have had fall temps and it put me in this mellow mood.

I find after transition that I feel somehow more connected and a part of the seasons rather than enduring them. Transition also taught me to look for and appreciate the good things around me. Hiking taught me to escape the pressures all life brings by immersing myself in the small beauties all around. Things I would never have seen or noticed if I was not forced to watch carefully where my feet were every step. Not that I don't stop and drink in the big things as well but have found that it is the little jewels which change and surprise that bring the greatest pleasures.

My wish is that each person here find peace and joy and beauty in their own world as well. Whether in the intricate and amazing design of a video game, the way that music interplays with emotion and it's endless complexities or the endless kaleidoscope of nature. There is beauty around you somewhere.

Looks like maybe I did have something to say after all

Johnny

Guest -guest-

You always have something interesting and worthwhile to say.

I've always wanted to live adjacent to water. As of a month ago, for the first time in my life, I can sit on my back porch and look at a lake. Right now, It's not much as lakes go, because the water table is very low here in this part of Florida. Some of the neighbors have fancy docks that jut out from their backyards and look down on grass. For now, they can only sit on them and hope for lots of rain or even a major hurricane.

But I've seen pictures of what the lake will become when it swells to normal depth. It forms the south end of a pretty impressive body of water, and there will be boating and personal watercrafting and fishing and other things people do when there's a full lake and the weather is good.

And I'll be on the porch in my comfy chair with a beverage, savoring every moment.

I got to admit, I do miss Maryland a little bit, I lived on Kent Island, and in the summer would pull an Otis Redding from time to time.

• Forum Moderator

Johnny, I'm blessed living on a farm so i see the seasons. My only problem is that i have to relax and not just see the work involved in each transition and period. Thanks for the reminder to look at the beauty as well.

Hugs,

Charlie