• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Post-Op Abstinence

Guest EvaO

I have been thinking a lot about my life after SRS. I know that, in many ways, things will stay the same in my life and that's a bit comforting for me -- after all, this is just a realignment of things I already had in my mind to begin with. One thing that I know will change, however, is my sex-life. Obviously, my genitals will be a bit different than what they are now. I've been thinking about practicing abstinence after having my surgery. That means, no sex before marriage, even with boyfriends.

I've never been all that promiscuous in my life, mainly because I personally hate pre-op sex and am just super shy around boys I like. I have had a few one night stands in the past (the very, VERY past) and a few boyfriends too -- I recently broke up with my last boyfriend two weeks ago. But, my wanting to stay abstinent really has nothing to do with moral convictions; I feel like, after going through the entire physical, emotional and financial ordeal of having srs, I want to save that part of my body for someone really, super special, someone I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.

Do you think this is practical? In this day and age, is it still possible to date actively, yet also stay abstinent until married? I welcome your suggestions below.

• Forum Moderator

My recommendation would be to examine all the options and keep your mind open in case your feelings change at some point.

The only real danger I see is getting hurt or disappointed because when we attach that much significance to something things can become bigger to us than any actual event can match or else the importance we attach to it can become more important than the event itself. Robs us of being there in the present and just enjoying in a way.

Enjoy today and take all that it offers-dream of tomorrow but take it as you find it and dont put off any happiness you find for something that may not be as good as what you deny for it. My idea anyway.

Hugs

Johnny

Guest LizMarie

It's certainly practical. You can and should do whatever you wish!

But as Johnny says, don't set things in stone. Be willing to re-evaluate and don't punish yourself if you change your mind. And if it all works out for you as you want? Great!

But be aware that some people may not want to continue a relationship without that physical aspect, even persons with good intentions towards you who might see you as a life mate. Just be flexible and make your decisions realistically.

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Eva,

I can relate to some of your feelings.

I am PreOp MTF, and since my divorce many years ago I have been Celebrete.

I hated sex with my wife and do not feel comfortable having sex as a PreOp.

After SRS, I do plan to enjoy sex.

Not being Promiscuous, I feel that sex is a normal and healthy part of a relationship.

Ideally, I would like to save my "Virginity" for my future husband, but I have to face Reality.

Hugs,

Carla

• Admin

I am basically "person sexual" and all my life have needed the emotional intimacy and trust before physical intimacy was a possibility. I fathered three children the natural way, and while it did not always seem what I should be doing, my ex as a matter of her personality at the time took more of the male role which make our sexual intimacy work. It was when her Bi Polar disorder surfaced and our emotional intimacy became unstable that our marriage came to an end, at her instigation. In the twenty plus years between our dissolution of marriage, and my SRS last January, I had not developed a person to person emotional intimacy with anyone sufficient to begin sexual intimacy, a point I had explored with my therapists and resloved with the plan that NOTHING was un-changeable and more possible in time. Wiil there be someone?? Unknown. Could there be someone?? Unknown.

I guess celibacy is my default mode, but I have time to find out if I can override it. Let your heart be your guide, but remember it may not shout out a good thing, so listen for the whisper.

Guest Kylie2112

I personally intend to take my new corvette for a test drive as soon as she's streetworthy.

Your mileage may vary.

~ K

I love this line :) My girlfriend (also MTF) and I aren't going to enjoy that window of recovery time (trying to keep things G-rated...let's just say we're not poster children for chastity), but once that's over...

• Admin

Hey, I have a date every night!! He has no trouble staying hard, but he's not much of a conversationalist.

Guest Amanda Whyte

Since I have very little sensitivity in that area now, I dont think I am going to have much after surgery if I decide to ever have surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• Antonia 7
    • MaybeRob
    • Ashley0616
    • April Marie
    • AllieJ
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Bddk
      Bddk
      (28 years old)
    2. Belladonnakarapinskia
      Belladonnakarapinskia
    3. Breanne_O
      Breanne_O
    4. Danielle57
      Danielle57
    5. ferh.li
      ferh.li
      (20 years old)
    • April Marie
      Seeking Helen Mirren's grace and style.
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!!   Yesterday was lawn mower battery day. I've been nursing the battery on my Zero Turn mower for two weeks. It gave up the ghost when I stopped to refuel yesterday so I had to run over to the local shop to get a new one. And forgot my wallet so I had to drive home and back again.   Then, I was using the garden tractor with the bagger to pick up the clippings. I cut about 7 acres so it took me awhile. When I was done, I went to refuel it and, of course, it wouldn't start when I'd finished putting in the gas. I'm hoping it was just some corrosion on the cables - cleaned them up, gave it a quick charge and it started right up. We'll see if it will hold a charge now or turn out like the Zero Turn.   House cleaning day today. And then I'm going to just relax outside for a bit and enjoy one more warm day before our temps drop and rain comes in for the weekend.   Enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!
    • Heather Shay
      Striking your head against the wall, you can lose 150 calories an hour. Blue color attracts mosquitoes in two times more than any other. Most toilet paper sold for home use in France is pink. In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself. In 2005, Mark Zuckerberg unsuccessfully tried to sell Facebook for $75 million. Back then it was called TheFacebook. Strawberries can also be white or yellow, and some can even taste like pineapples! The Boston Marathon didn’t allow female runners until 1972. Banks have therapists known as ‘wealth psychologist’ who help ultra-rich clients, who are unable to mentally cope with their immense wealth.
    • Birdie
      I attend a medical day-centre in Texas for needed medical services. It's religious oriented, so not gender fluid friendly. I of course dress 100% in female attire yet androgynous to keep both "them happy", and I really don't mind.    I of course am imposed rules that no other participant is bound by. The examples are the allowed size of my backpack, or how many visits per day I can see my Representative payee.  The gender neutral restroom use was a compromise that all off us have agreed to.  Not being able to wear tanks tops or shorts that aren't "Bermuda length" are other examples of where I am restricted more than any other participant. "Bra talk" is strictly forbidden, even though their doctor and occupational therapist were the ones that told me I needed support due to neck pain.    I found myself being reprimanded by staff three times yesterday for very petty details, and they have constantly pushed for me to remove myself from the program voluntarily. I am of course someone not welcomed in the program, but federal discrimination laws prevent them from removing me. They instead are just making life miserable with the hopes that I will leave on my own. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Nope.  I live in a rural area.  Pride events are for city folks.  The normally quiet LGBTQ+ club kind of changes atmosphere during that time, and things get a bit political.  As a non-Democrat, I avoid it.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      For me, definitely the size thing.  I'm 5'4" on a good day, and 100lbs.  I can pass as a teenage boy, but never for my real mid-30s age.  And since my husband looks older than his age, I'm often assumed to be his kid.  Or folks think there's something illegal going on.      Also, my lack of the typical aggressive "masculine" demeanor.  I don't really desire the typical masculine social role, nor could I do it even if I tried really hard.  I'm usually quiet and kind of timid. 
    • MaeBe
      I am sorry for your struggles. I cannot empathize, but I can surely sympathize. I wish only the best for you! 
    • Birdie
      No, they are the only provider of services I need an my area. 😑
    • RaineOnYourParade
      My size. A lot of guys aren't 5'3" at seventeen. My hands. It's a less noticeable one, but my hands are very "feminine"? If you know what I mean. My voice. Very high-pitched. I don't just sound like a female, I sound like a little girl sometimes My chest. I've had to stop binding due to frequent aches doing so, and it's not nearly small enough to just cover with baggy clothes My family. They still call me she/her, so that's an automatic out. My anxiety. I might be able to pass better if I had the courage to correct people. Instead, I'm too scared to speak up, so I find it hard. My lack of men's clothes.   Anyone else have these problems, or other ones?
    • violet r
      From what I have read and heard most people are so.busy with their everyday lives and either looking at their phones or in a hurry to notice you out and about. 
    • RaineOnYourParade
      This exactly ^^^   I actually really liked games where I was required to play a male character. It felt homey, in a way. 
    • violet r
      I been play texas chainsaw massacre game most recently. It free on game pass right now. Just need a good team
    • violet r
      Anyone play war and order on their phones?  
    • violet r
      I can relate.  I have always played a female character when given the opportunity. Not really and reason except I just alway pick them since I was young   
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.