• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

chat room

Guest molly124

Guest molly124

hello everyone. thank you for clicking on me!

i'm new here so please forgive any ignorance in that regard that might be revealed by my posting. but, i was relieved earlier this evening when we got as many as 5 of us in the cd chat room on this site. that being said, i had been a little disappointed up till then. it took some courage to register on this site because i have never discussed my affinity for dressing up (that's just what i call it b/c "crossdressing" sounds so clinical) with anyone. so, i was really excited to do so.

so i registered yesterday evening and promptly found the chat rooms, but there was no one in the cd room. so, i spent some time in the community room and everyone was very nice to me and welcomed me enthusiastically, but the chat seemed very generic and certainly nothing specific to crossdressing or, frankly, anything specific to any of the categories to whom this site caters. it seemed like it could have just as easily been like an espn chat room. i was frequently checking the cd room while i was in there, but no one had entered. as a "newbie," i asked if anyone had any recommendations for other places on the website i might find interesting, and someone suggested the forums. so i poked around there for a little bit, found a posting that resonated with me and responded to it, which i really enjoyed doing, as i was able to "say" some things about dressing up that i never had before. but, as someone had pointed out in the chat room, the "downside" of the forums is that you don't get any prompt response. i wound up going back to the community room and, after mentioning again that i was brand new, i got pm'd by a mod, who gave me a new member "interview" and gave me a lot of good info, which i really appreciated.

so, today, since i work at home a lot, i decided to just enter the cd chat room, alone, and proceed with my work, knowing that if someone entered the room, i'd hear it. at one point, another mod came in to ask if i was ok sitting in there alone. i assured her i was and explained my little plan, which she heartily endorsed. fortunately, i did have someone come in and visit with me eventually, so i was no longer a virgin! so, i repeated my previous protocol later today and, like i said, before long we had up to 5 people in there! so, one could logically ask what the hell is this little girl bitching about. well, over the course of all of this history, i have been told by a few people that the cd room doesn't get much traffic and is often empty. :(

maybe that's because there aren't a lot of us here, which would be disappointing because maybe i'm not in the right place for my big, new adventure. but, for all i know, maybe there's a good number of us here, but many just gave up on checking on the cd room b/c they didn't see anyone in there? i just thought it might be worthwhile to raise the question. what's a girl got to lose, right? so, i think i might keep regularly posting myself in the room like i've done so far in the hope of attracting others (i work crazy hours, so i could be in there virtually any time).

so, bottom line, i guess this is kind of a call to arms. cd's (or, as i would prefer, "those who like to dress up") unite! (if you want...) i look forward to talking with you!

love,

molly

• Admin

Very much a welcome Molly, hopefully you can find some good stuff here in the CD forum. Occasionally one or two of us TS types will chime in there, but we try to be nice about it. There really is a pretty good gang here. I actually spent many days "telecommuting" from my work while dressed en-femme and it was wonderful to be able to do that. I always felt better and really got some of my best work done that way. In those days I wore wigs and could feel the hair on my back and neck oh so softly and sexy feeling. Not to mention the office wear I could not wear to my office, although there were a couple of days when I did generic field research at some local government offices en-femme to look up real estate records. I did not have to speak to clients, and the county clerks I talked to did not care who was looking up stuff.

If another Moderator has not suggested it, please read the Terms & Conditions at least once. You can find them from the icon in the lower right corner of any forum page. We do have to approve all posts, and those are the guidelines we go by for approval of the posts.

• Forum Moderator

Well i'm glad you are here. I was a life long cross dresser. For years that was all i knew or dreamed i could be. I loved the feel and look of female clothing. I changed as time went on but have great memories of dressing. Perhaps i just couldn't stand going back to drab but for me it was more than that. We are all different. This is not a "graded path". You are not alone here and i'm sure you will find more friends. i drop into the CD site as there are often good fashion pointers etc. Funny CDs often know more about fashion than cis females.

Hugs,

Charlie

Hi thank you for your post. I am a cd, I like to dress often and where something fem almost everyday. I have been to the cd chat room with no one ever there. I have not been able to make the tues night chat but would love to chat somtime.

thank you

Jocelyn

Guest molly124

Hi thank you for your post. I am a cd, I like to dress often and where something fem almost everyday. I have been to the cd chat room with no one ever there. I have not been able to make the tues night chat but would love to chat somtime.

thank you,

Jocelyn

Hi, Jocelyn! thanks for responding to my post! it's great to "meet" you. i suppose it's probably pretty common to be so excited to talk about dressing up after going so long without doing so, and to be able to do so with others who enjoy the same thing is awesome! it took me a long time to really comprehend that it was expressing my feminine side that i enjoyed so much and that there was nothing wrong about that. i came to realize that, when i dress up, i can "be" a girl for a little while, not a man dressed up like one. and now i've found that talking with others on this site allows me to the same, and it's a lot of fun being my female self when i'm on here. i have no desire to be a girl all the time, but i think i'd like to be one a little more than i get a chance to! ;) so, i envy you that you get to dress up almost every day; that's great!

anyway, i do hope to spend some time chatting with you soon. no one has mentioned a regular tuesday night chat in the cd room to me; i figured it just happened spontaneously last night because i went in the room, made myself comfortable and, before long, others joined one by one after seeing the room wasn't empty. so maybe if you check from time to time, you'll find me in there!

love,

molly

Hi Molly: Wanted to welcome you here to Laura's. Such a wonderful place. I have never gave the chat room any use. Not that good with computers. Would love to PM with you sometime. I love my feminine side and also love to dress. Send me a pm sometime and we can talk about our wardrobes. Hugs to you girl. Amber L.

Guest molly124

thank you Amber! i'll be sure to pm you once i am able to do so. i guess i have to accumulate 5 posts before those privileges are bestowed upon me. i'm still on probation and not to be trusted yet!!! :lol:

love,

molly

• Admin

Don't worry Molly, It was 2 years and a couple months ago, I was at your score on posts, and look what a little time can do. >6000. We have had some people flunk "probation" as you call it, and most people still here are very glad they did flunk since they violated our safety here. You only have one more post to go!!

Guest molly124

thanks, Vicky! you can never be too careful! although i always like to use the groucho marx line that i would never want to join a club that would have someone like me for a member! :lol:

and yay for me hitting 5!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zephyr lily

I have read the comments on this thread with great interest, I have tried a number of times to enter the chat room with no success yet, my main interest is the cd room and I was disappointed to read that there is not much going on there.

Sorry if I sound Maudling but I am very new here, and extremely nervous.

zephyr

Welcome to LP zephyr.

It's great to see some one from the Wet Coast (sorry West Coast).

You may want to take a look in the "Live Transgender, Transsexual Chat & Event Forums" for information on Chat.

When you feel comfortable maybe post an introduction about yourself in the Introduction Forum.

I wish you peace and prosperity on your Journey.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Hi Molly and Lily! Welcome to the Playground!. Hope you find chat and the forum rewarding. Your "nervousnes" and excitement bring back memories of when I arrived, wondering if this place is safe.... am I traceable.... etc.

The idea that someone has to be first in the chat room does present a daunting problem, lol! Kind of like someone has to be first to the party, i guess....

Anyway, good to have fresh meat, er, new members here :) Hope y'all like it and when I am out looking for chat stuff on sunday nights I may poke my head in and see if you are there!

Hugs

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Molly and welcome

This place is wonderful and reassuring but I get the sense this particular forum may have only 20 or so people who call in regularly. But this forum was the one that gave me the direction, love and courage when I became a cross-dresser at age 54 (its long been in me, but dormant). I'm way too shy to enter the chat room. Being a very quiet and solitary person it is too stressful for me. But the posts and answers on the forum are a lovely route to feel accepted and encouraged. Everyone here is the best of the best and I can't thank everyone enough for the tremendous boost and support I received my early, bewildering months a couple of years back.

So don't judge us by the chat room!

Enjoy!

Hugs

Eve

Chat can be a bit intimidating at first, but I hope you will keep trying it. I would sometimes hang out in the thirty-plus room. Sometimes no one else would show up, but other times had one or two others drop in and we would have nice conversations! I have even run into a couple of people there who were not aware of the Forums, so encouraged them to take a look.

I sometimes have a bit of a problem getting up to speed with a new JAVA release. This last time I had to uninstall an old version of JAVA with a third party product (Advanced System Care) as the Windows uninstaller was leaving something that was preventing the new version to complete installation.

Hope I did not ramble on too much. Hope you will continue to try Chat!

Opal

Guest zephyr lily

I am in the CD chat room every day now, usually on my own and every now and again someone will enter looking for the hot tub and we would chat for awhile, I have made a few friends now and we talk mostly girl talk which I love.

To my way of thinking if I hang out in the CD chat room long enough, more and more interested persons will join me and perhaps one day we will have a crowd, wouldn't that be fun.

Perhaps very soon you Molly and Jocelyn will join me, I look forward to it...

zephyr

Guest Jocelyn

I was on chat tonight and had a great chat with another member, it was nice to have an open and honest chat about who I am and how I feel about my self acceptance.

cheers

Jocelyn

Guest zephyr lily

Hi Zephyr Lily, I hope thing are good. What time are you usually in the chat room.

cheers

Jocelyn

Hi Jocelyn

You will usually find me in the CD chat room from around 8am til around 6.30 pm, which I think is about 11 am to 9.30 pm your time.

I look forward to meeting you.

Take care

zephyr

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Molly,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground

I am sorry to hear about your troubles in chat

My advice to you is to just come in often and chat and people will get to know you and b4 you know it you will have friends

I would also recommend that you do not worry so much about labels

Put one on yourself if you like, but don't let that be limiting with reguards to whom you chat with

I think the only label you really need is Molly

Hope to see around the playground

:wub: vanna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marissa anastasia1

Hi Molly,

Actually this is the first time I posted in this forum...I don't know why...I am also a confirmed CD and would love to chat with you sometime. Feel free to message me anytime if there is anything I can do to help...

Love,

Rissa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jocelyn

I have been going to the chat room more often and I have haf some great chats

sometimes there have been up too 4 members chatting. so I just go and hangout and see if anyone joins me, if no one joins the room no problem. when someone does itis worth the wait.

cheers

Jocelyn

Hi members!

I've been wearing women's lingerie for some time now. I like to wear tight girdles with a waist cincher and silicone butt pads. I like the tight feeling and warmth, therefore latex is my preference. I am a straight male, retired, but had a desire to wear girdles, etc. since my late teens. I have gone out in public, mainly parks with walking trails. I would dress up with a wig, makeup, nylons stocking, bra (38D) and a thin pull over. So, I am not afraid going public. I have not gone out dressed like that for some time now. My question....would I be classified as a CD, TV, or TG? Maybe there are other I could fit in. I do like to get attention, so I am not shy.

• Root Admin

Why not sign into the chat and ask your questions. You'd get instantaneous replies there.

MaryEllen

Guest KatyDesire

:unsure: Excuse my ignorance - I am from the generation who thought an abacus was high tech. If I log in to the chat room, do I use my log-in details for the site in general, or do I have to create a new chat room account?

• Admin

Yes, Katy, the Chat Room requires a separate registration, and has a separate set of rules, which you are required to read. It's a very nice place to hang out, so well worth the minor inconvenience.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie