• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Masculine Traits...

Guest MrAwesome

Guest MrAwesome

I was just thinking, what do you guys think is your most masculine features? Not just physical traits but what are things about your mannerisms and personally that stick out most as masculine? I personally just really like making and fixing things, I liked painting, and putting down tile at the fire hall, I like learning about that kind of stuff in general. I'm very handy, I use what's around me. And I'm a bit more aggressive. as apposed to women that are generally more social, and gentle... I like fishing, and being outside, I'm starting to get into sports. And at heart I'm still like a little boy. I think, honestly, I'm starting to grow up now. :( But still I have that quality about me, of just being a bright eyed little boy sometimes. ^_^ lol.

What about you all? :D

Guest Jackson

I like to do a lot of different things, but I think my hobby of civil war reenacting as cavalry (yep, with horses) and primitive camping. I could live in the 1860's (well, I do like toilet paper). I grew up on a farm so I've had a lot of experience raising animals. Now that I just have a couple acres, I have a few horses. So I guess I could say I train horses too. Oh, I like guns too. And my pickup truck. Donna Jean can attest to that.

Living back in history? I want to be a knight protecting his dame or a barbarian pillaging and plundering, fighting for his honor! On a lighter note I'd love to be a prince being trained to be a king and own a kingdom.

Now onto more realistic things...Not sure if its masculine but I'm a big MMO and game player. I love gears of war two - in fact I love any war or shooter games. The only one I wasn't loyal too was Halo. Yeah, it was great in all but I just didn't like the controls. Also, as many have seen...I'm a Star Wars nerd. I can out-fact you on almost anything Star Wars and if you ask me about the history behind something in Star Wars I could probably give you a novel of information. Not only why its there, how its there, why it impacted Star Wars and which characters and history of Star Wars did it shape. I can debate with you about the Jedi and the Sith religion OK? I could tell you what each line of the Sith code means and how flawed the Jedi code is.

I'm also a computer technician and thats a pretty male dominated trade. I carry around parts all day and rip computers a part. Any family around that needs help fixing their computers call me up. I'm the "family technician".

I wear the same clothing for days(didn't know that was male till I saw TB's thread). I'm not a clean person although I try. I'm not lazy I just forget....alot.

Oh Zabrack so many points to chuckle at lol. Actually, I went through that "knight" phase too earlier on, then I learned that damsels have to be able to save themselves. Miraculously, I was also like you on the prince thing. I think (somehow, since tangibly I don't have a kingdom ) amazingly I'm just about to leave the "prince" phase. It was an enjoyable phase, I think you'll like it.

Most masculine features? Pick one lol. And they're all funny as far as I'm concerned. Never knowing the "romantic" holiday is "tomorrow" lol. Not being sure when your anniversary is and secretly always having to "look it up". Not even registering that someone might comment if they actually knew how many times I can rewear an item before washing it lol. Not having socks and "finding" a pair, preworn, under furniture and putting them on. Having to "win" in a conversation. Smiling and nodding while I talk to women but not hearing a thing they said. (don't report me you feminists lol) Remembering the Buick more clearly than I can remember an exgirlfriends last name. Thinking that having a barber who cuts my hair just like I like it is qualifying as having a "sacred relationship". Thinking that the day the bathroom needs to be cleaned is the day someone is coming over lol. And if those "sound " sterotypical they're just things that "are true" about me and happen to fit the stereotypes so I listed em for comedy's sake. :P

Well, I don't really think there is very much masculine about me accept for the way I look to be honest with you. But them I'm really with the school of thought where masculine doesn't equal male and feminine doesn't equal female. I always think my charater is 90% feminine and about 10% masculine, and this has nothing to do with my gender, it's just my character. The olny masculine thing about me other than the way I look is probably my sex drive. lol

hmm

i love fixing and building things, im the handy man around here!

look good in a suit.

the whole not washing clothes things, wear things untill u spill something on it!

i wona be a jedi!i live on my xbox and im a gamer, look shotting games and racing games

love my car, and love speedy....shhh

Guest MrAwesome
hmm

i love fixing and building things, im the handy man around here!

look good in a suit.

the whole not washing clothes things, wear things untill u spill something on it!

i wona be a jedi!i live on my xbox and im a gamer, look shotting games and racing games

love my car, and love speedy....shhh

lucky -.- I can't drive, I can't play video games worth crap, and actually I'm the messiest man you'll ever know xD.

Hmmm...lesse. I'm a cosplayer, while all my cosplay friends style wigs and sew costumes I'm the one making the huge weapons for us. I have always been a gamer, ever since I could hold a controller, at this point I'm a Warcraft addict. I'm crazy messy, and tend to wear the same clothes for a couple days in a row. I also am uber forgetful and tend to zone out when having conversations. And I have a LOT of trouble letting most of my emotions show.

I do have more feminine traits too though -- I'm usually more gentle and kind than most guys I know, I'm horridly afraid of bugs (But snakes? Bring on the snakes! =D), I've never been into shooter games or guns or cars.

Overall I'd say I'm sure as hell more masculine than feminine though. =P

Guest Elizabeth K

Alright guys - I am gonna go against my self image here for a while - and introduce you to Turk, a super male ego I keep hidden from my therapist - ha!

You hear all about some young Turk your company just hired? That's me - get a grip. I am going to give you folks some pointers - I am. So listen up or not, doesn't take any skin off my nose. Screw you!

This is similar to a topic for MTFs at another forum. But custom for FTM

Men spit - not necessarily on the ground, but into the toilet or urinal - they never use hankerchiefs or tissues. Spitting into the sink works if no one is watching

Men eat food stuff that falls on the floor. Germs are a fad. When on a camping trip it can get a bit gritty - men call that 'trail spice."

Guys have about four shirts they like to wear and fifty they got for gifts. Wearing shirts is an art when you forget to do the wash for a couple of weeks

Guys NEVER wear pants with pleats unless it is to impress a girl

Same for tailored shirts if a teeshirt/sweatshirt (depends on the weather) will do, and white shirts - only at weddings, funerals and to meet the parents

Printed message or logo tees are best

Ties are best kept in your pocket until the last minute - never button the top button of the shirt, just pull the knot tighter

Learn how to really tie a tie - show your mother and your grandmother you are a real clothes horse and tie your own fricken tie

Ties are HARD to get to learn how to tie - never look in the mirror as you do it - just get good enough at it - use your refelection in the car window

Most difficult thing with ties is getting it to sit under your back collar. Women LOVE to fix it for you - so do it on purpose some times - I mean let it show

NEVER under any circumstances wear a bow tie - unless you want to be considered a remainder of a cigarette butt - wink

Bow ties with a tux are okay

The Cumberbun goes folds down so you wont catch crumbs from the cake

Patent leather shoes? Only if you buddy in the wedding is a REALLY GOOD friend

Pinning on flowers to your lapel - naw - find a good looking gal to do it for you - or your mom if you need some points - when its over give her the flower

At a funeral? A tear is okay, a sniffle or two gives away that you care. If you are devistated - okay. If you are just sad - save it for home

Guys do cry - but in a VERY controlled way - never sob! and usually in private - works well when a girl first denies you sex

Crying at weddings - what the hell is that! NEVER - laugh a bit maybe - never cry for goodness sake - stupid fool went and got hitched!

Men curse - but only when appropriate - I mean a real guy, not some jerk ash holt or whatever - be careful to be appropriate

The best cursing is that which leave out God and Jesus. Excretement and parentage is acceptable - use caution - some cultures do not accept 'mother' in cursing - you may get a challenge or a knife pulled

If someone pulls a knife - curse loudly, glare and then bust your butt getting outta there - knifes trump machoism

If someone pulls a gun and you have one too, hidden away - DON"T USE IT. Get the hell outa Dodge

Everyone is scared of a knife, but everyone is terrified of an axe. If you MUST keep a weapon in your car, carry a roofer's axe. Guns in cars get stolen.

If you drink - if you get into a situation - NEVER take it outside unless you have at least three more buddies than your advisary does.

Drinking in public does one of three things, gets you happy, gets you sad, or gets your ash beat. It NEVER gets you laid.

To get laid - be sad - your dog/roomate/goldfish just died. I you don't wanna go somewhere, you just wanna have someone to talk with. yeah right!

Always go to her place if you can so you can leave if you need too - otherwise you may never get away

She will never want you to respect her in the morning - she just wants you to call - and do so, even if you say it isn't working out

Calling on the telephone means 'talking' on the telephone - no messages except that you called and will call back

A dozen roses delivered costs you $100 where I live - before tax and delivery charges

Never bring he flowers you picked from her lawn, or got at the wedding/funeral

Red is for love , so stay with yellow for a long time. White flowers are stupid unless she likes them - then they are still stupid but get them anyway

Flowers to a woman are roses. When she says she likes daisys, buy her roses, when she says orchids, buy her roses - you get the picture

Always wait to let her put the flowers in water before you try to get her in bed

NEVER spread your clothes everywhere - you may need to make a quick exit

Men usually don't wear much jewelry or they load it on - starting out go minimal

Watches are for telling time and are not intended to be a fashion statement

Tattoos are cool, but avoid the face and neck - and if you are older - avoid tattoos

Tongue piercings are for oral .. well you know...

Never wear fancier earrings than your girlfriend

Never wipe your hands on her curtain in the bedroom after... well... you know

Always compliment her cat/dog/pet iguanna - never fuss when the little bugger pees on you or worse - the smaller the dog the bigger the irritation factor

Men always laugh at their own jokes

Men like guns and killing things smaller than they are - or a big buck maybe - even if it isn't true - men always say they LOVE to hunt

If you DON"T love to hunt and someone calls you out on it - talk about your back injury - men LOVE to talk about their back injuries

If you like to fish - pretend you always wanted to catch a MARLIN - even if you are a freshwater fisherman

All men know the differences between fresh water fishing and salt water fishing - LEARN IT

And the power in guns is in the size of the ammunition - LEARN IT

And guns don't kill people - people kill people - and to take away guns is to put them in the hands of the criminals (memorize that)

Charlton Heston is a hero - too bad be had altzhymers (sp?) and the NRA couldn't use him - show your autographed picture or at least say you have one

Men don't always spell rite - don't fake it but don't use huge words

Men are always opinionated - and never suggestive

Men cough when they think another man is lying

A woman's opinion is always okay to listen to, but if it doesn't support you, drop it and talk about something else

Never talk about food unless you are a great cook - there will be a great man cook there and he will call you out

Men ALWAYS call each other out - it's part of establishing a pecking order.

Dirty jokes are alway good if the presentation is sly - not too graphic. If this leads to a swapping of jokes - start naughty and save on gross ones until the end

If beer or alchohol is involved - talking nasty will be involved

Never get drunk first

Never get drunk around women or kids

Avoid getting drunk if you are driving home in your own car - your friends will take your keys, and someone will wreck your car trying to get it home!

Cars are really more important than women - always protect your right to own a great set of wheels

Never park your car on the wrong side of the street - and if you do, do NOT drive it with the boot on

Always pay your parking and moving violation tickets

Always blame anyone but yourself for your parking and moving violation tickets

Never - never insult the cop

Never - ever admit to more than one drink - refuse all tests - even if they threaten you with arrest, if you know they will arrest you anyway

Don't sit in the back seat of your own car - men DONT DO THAT

Men NEVER ask for directions

Getting passed on the right side on the highway is an INSULT to your manhood

Always use the single finger salute before analysing to see if it is YOU that is wrong

And never take advice - even this stuff

I know this is gonna help everyone.

TURK

• 4 weeks later...
Guest My_Genesis

Um...well Evan had a little mishap with my post last night so I'm gonna repost lol.

My most masculine features, many of which have already been mentioned:

Not even registering that someone might comment if they actually knew how many times I can rewear an item before washing it lol. Not having socks and "finding" a pair, preworn, under furniture and putting them on. Having to "win" in a conversation. Smiling and nodding while I talk to women but not hearing a thing they said.

- Not doing laundry until all my clothes are in the laundry hamper lol.

- Keeping socks under my bed or other random places on the floor in my room to wear the next day. Why only wear them once if it they can be worn again and aren't completely gross and smelly? (Also I guess applies to clothes in general..)

- Hating when people correct me, wanting to always be right, taking criticism harshly...sometimes it makes me mad, just because I feel like someone's telling me what to do or that what I'm doing is wrong and I hate that..

- "Smiling and nodding while I talk to women but not hearing a thing they said" --> for me is more like "Smiling and nodding while I talk to women, acting all friendly and like I'm really interested in what they have to say, but not hearing a thing they said because I'm just thinking about having sex with them the whole time they're talking" :lol:

- So in reference to the last one...high sex drive :rolleyes:

- I can be angered really easily but it is hard for me to feel much else of any emotion....I've also never cried because of a movie...I don't get how that works. it's a movie, how does it affect you emotionally? lol.

- Oh yeah...crying in private...that always just came naturally to me. I just was never comfortable crying in front of people, even when I was a little kid.

- I don't like poetry lol. It's boring as hell...and i don't like reading fictional stories. I just find it all really boring.

- Often I realize something I said was offensive (like 99% of the time to a girl..) when it's already too late.

- I like computers and figuring out how things work, and trying to fix them...and I'd rather figure out how something works on my own than read the instructions. I'll read them though if there's something I get stuck on long enough..

- R-rated movies are the most likely to hold my interest :P