• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Brunswick, NJ Woman Found Stabbed

Carolyn Marie

Guest Carla_Davis

It is sad when Anyone is murdered.

Thankfully, they have the suspect in custody.

Why does the news still insist on calling TG woman Transgender instead of female, the gender she lived.

The article did not mention any "Bias" involved.

Hugs,

Carla

• Admin

Unfortunately when you go out to help the people at risk, you put yourself at risk for a lot of things. The article does not give a motive for the crime on which would turn a hate issue. TG people can be kliled for reasons other than trans*phobia. In this case her Trans* status and her community activism were a vital part of the whole picture and enhance the tragedy. She was having trouble herself, but had reached out to others in concern for their lives. Trans* people CAN do that. The person who took her life, in all probablity is responsible for more deaths in the future even if they are behind bars when the deaths occur.

• Forum Moderator

As a Jersey girl this hurts me. That is usually a good city. I've got paintings in a gallery there and will be up there next week. I'm sure i will be safe. This is terrible tragedy but not a reflection on how we are treated here. She obviously had a hard life but seemed to be doing so well. So sad.

Hugs

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

All i can say is that NJ is not the only state with problems in how we are treated. The fact that she was trans has no reason to even be in the story. It is a simple desire to cause a "sensation" from what was a terrible murder and nothing less. I feel for her but there is no reason to think that her murder was related to her being trans.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Admin

Well, we had our "obligatory trans*" story here in L.A. a couple days ago so I agree that NJ is NOT the only place it happens, and I can only hope the L.A. reporter would not be as snotty or thick headed if called on the thing, but I am not betting. What price dignity?? That much??? Ok we will put small bills in a plain paper bag for you to pick up from a guy in a dirty trench coat, go back and write it!!