• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

When Crossdressing is Complacent

Guest ~Brenda~

Guest ~Brenda~

Crossdressing has become so integrated in my day to day experience that I have become complacent in dressing. I used to excilerate on finding new things to wear and to experience new sensations. Now, all of this is old habit. No longer do I feel that I am exploring or making a statement. Suddenly, I realize that I simply dress the way that I feel comfortable without any statement. I wear a "Pink" skirt from VS typically because it is really the most comfortable piece of clothing that I own.

I find it interesting when crossdressing has become so comfortable to me that I now cant see myself not dressing this way.

It is just another day.

Love

Brenda

• Admin

It is strange and almost scary to realize that I look at Nice or Gorgeous, or Sexy or, a bunch of other adjectives for what was CDing, and now it is just LAUNDRY to be kept clean, folded or hung up, and put away until I cycle back to it from all the other stuff I have. I used to carefully pick out an outfit for a specific reason and place and do it oh so carefully, now it is grab, garb and git! Sniff sniff, wahhh!! :(

• Forum Moderator

I think I also know that feeling

Recently I have integrated my male and female clothing such that I just pick out a combination of things for an outfit - it has become fairly routine.

I must admit that as I like to dress in what I consider as the feminine side of unisex rather than straight male or female I am still in the position of occasionally wearing outfits / items which may socially be too much for many people to handle, but I am also getting far more experienced in understanding so apart from strange looks (often) and a few smiles (especially women who can spot their clothes a mile away :) ) I tend to have mostly good experiences (smiles are nice).

There are still some things I would like to wear (skirts for one) but as male (too obvious) I try new things when away from home area - I still get a buzz out of this but I am not really intending to shock - just to feel nice.

Tracy x

Guest Michellewhois

IMHO I think that we are all starting to look at clothes the same way any woman looks at them. We see what may or may not look nice for the situation or just what is most comfortable. We look at our clothes as an expression of ourselves that we allow the outside world to know that we are comfortable with our clothing.

I think it has to do with how we are overwhelmed every day with fashion ads and magazines. We see how women have been programmed to only be so fashion conscious that the world has to notice every little detail. But when they get home or behind closed doors, all bets are off and all we want to do is be comfortable. That is something a crossdresser can be, almost all the time if they dress more on the androgynous side. Undies under our semi-male clothes..No problem. A nice blouse under a sweater (weather permitting). Even pants, slacks or jeans that are tailored for women might get a few looks but with today's male fashions it would be more along the lines of confusion than anything. Let's get real, the fashion industry is slowly taking the male fashions to a more androgynous look and even to a point more feminine than ever. How many times in the past year have you noticed news stories about skirts or skorts for men. Think about how many men you've noticed wearing pink or some other pastel colored shirt. Something that 20 years ago would have gotten him beaten up or marked as gay. No a days it's almost normal to see it.

Think about it for a moment, are you dressing full time or are you only doing it part time. If full time then we act just as other women do when picking out an outfit for the day. We look at the situation that we will be in, i.e. work, shopping,etc.. We see what would look nice but at the same time afford us that comfort level that we need to make it through the day. At work we know if our jobs require us to be bending or stooping often so we either pick out a nice pants and blouse or a knee length skirt. Shopping for clothes, we wear what would allow us to be able to change quickly and without drawing attention to ourselves. Think about the other women you've seen clothes shopping. Are they dressed to the nines or are they in jeans, tees and comfortable shoes? When at the grocery store, other than just a quick stop after work, are they in a dress or fashion slacks and nice blouses? No they are comfortable.

I guess what I'm getting at is, if you ask any one of those other women did they really think about what they wearing or debated with themselves about the style, color, cut of their clothes, I'll bet dollars to donuts that all they did was grab something that was just right and went with that.

• Forum Moderator

Brenda, i certainly remember times when i would cross dress so often that it just seemed like me. Just right, nothing more. It didn't happen often for me as i was mostly hiding and in a closet much of my life.

That feeling that it was right might have been one of the clues that there was more to my dressing. I had hidden so much of how i felt. I wanted more than dressing. That isn't every bodies path but it was mine. After i stopped hiding from myself i was able to see one of the reasons i dressed. Now it is a day by day and as others have shared i wear the closes that fit the task. In saying that i probably wear skirts more than most young women would. I like the way they feel despite the fact that sometimes it makes things awkward.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Jamie_cd

I'm similar to Tracy about dressing more unisex although my goal is to be more androgynous. Most days ill mix and match men's and womens clothes and put on some make up. It's comfortable and feels right to me. And like Brenda's original comment, it just feels like another day of being me.

I find it interesting when crossdressing has become so comfortable to me that I now cant see myself not dressing this way.

It is just another day.

Love

Brenda

I just call that evolution.giggle

Huggs, :wub:

Joann