• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

intimates, is there an amount to have or is there never enough?

Guest G_Unit

Guest G_Unit

HI Gals,

It's Stacy Ann. So I am wondering if there is ever such a thing as having to many bras and panties? I just recently bought 7 panties to get me going again. A friend says that's all I should need. Well when I used to cross dress I used to have a lot of different styles of panties and bras. So is there ever really a number that would be considered to many of them? Let me know your thoughts.

Stacy Ann

Guest angels wings

hello Stacey Ann

I guess it all boils down to each individual ,some are happy with a few some are happy with draw fulls .do what makes you happy would be my answer

Angel :)

• Root Admin

Must admit, I'm having a purge on my bras at present. I used to fit a 38C, well, nowadays a full cup 40D is much more comfortable so I've really got about four pairs now, a matching white and black bra, each has both satin and toile patterns, then I've got a red and a green lace full cup twosome, complete with matching panties. The rest of the bras are being junked as I come across them. Panties, never enough!

• Forum Moderator

I had collected so many panties by the time i went full time that i'll never get trough them all. The ones i wear however are very practical and hit the laundry basket often. The others are taking up drawer space and may well leave if i need the space. Bra's have to fit and i have only 4 that work well for me now.

It is up to you. I remember times when i wanted rooms full of lingerie and didn't believe there were enough panties out there.

Hugs,

Charlie

Hi Stacy

Angel Always has Good answers. The minimum would be determined by the wash cycle

You tear me up! LOL! But very true. I have to weed out the old panties as my back side is two sizes bigger thank you HRT. It is nice to actually have hips. Giggle. I had to weed out the old bras a while back. I do see them in thrift stores but I never buy them or want to donate mine. Maybe that is just too personal or a phobia, but I think some things are not for sharing, call me wasteful I don't know. Hug. JodyAnn

• Admin

Well, after my little life changing experience last January, I ended up acquiring three ten pair packages of the cheapest cotton briefs from Wal Mart and the 30 of them were lasting me about 7 days between laundry days for the first several months. (Having to change three or more times daily for medical reasons.) Nothing sexy there, and since then, two more ten packs have been needed. (I am bragging and complaining all at once!) Luckily I have a functioning washer and dryer, and today is laundry day!! Bra's with home grown "B"'s worn on a daily basis are three a week also in terribly boring soft cotton that aborbs sweat well in our dry and hot air here. --- I know, I know, get out of here Vicky and let us alone!!

I did have many years in the CD realm however, and had friends who literally had underwear for each outer garment piece or set they owned, that included the "perfect" bra and panty for every dress, pant suit, and nighty that they owned. The problem that a few had was that they had never worn much of any of it because the "perfect" occasion to wear it had not come up!! They delighted in buying the outfits from raw to visible, but were scared to wear them, just plain scared. :dunno::dunno: Especially being full time, it seems that I just wear very ordinary stuff these days, and only have a few times for my really nice things to be worn, and even they do not seem as special as they once did. Yeechhhh!

Do remember the cost and the mandatory labor for hand washing the super delicate ones. Also take into account that with the right amount of spandex and "tummy control" they can do wonders for tucking issues. (I still have my nylon/spandex lace panel briefs that I do wear on occasion and still love.)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

From a practical stand point, I say stick with bras that make you feel beautiful and sexy (I say this to everyone, actually). Don't buy a bra just to have it. Same goes for lingerie in general. Buy it because you love it and it makes you feel special, don't buy it because you might wear it some day or just because it's feminine. There are some panties I bought because they were super girly and I just had to have them but in the end (literally), they were the most uncomfortable things and I ended up never wearing them! I go for cute and comfy panties now, because sexy wears off pretty quick when the waist band is digging into you and the back end is slowly working it's way into a wedgie.

Just my 2 cents. :)

• Admin

Do sock monsters take knickers too ?

Yes, but it fills them up way too fast!! At least that way your socks are a bit safer, but why do they always go after just one sock of a pair??

Guest Guest_

Do what your heart desires. I love shopping. The thrill can be addictive. Sometimes I will buy something and turn around and return it a few days later just to get to shop and interact with ladies. The conversations concerning why I returning an item can get interesting. Hugs Amber L.

Hey Petra: I am a 38C would you be interested in a donation. Hugs to you Amber L.

From a practical stand point, I say stick with bras that make you feel beautiful and sexy (I say this to everyone, actually). Don't buy a bra just to have it. Same goes for lingerie in general. Buy it because you love it and it makes you feel special, don't buy it because you might wear it some day or just because it's feminine. There are some panties I bought because they were super girly and I just had to have them but in the end (literally), they were the most uncomfortable things and I ended up never wearing them! I go for cute and comfy panties now, because sexy wears off pretty quick when the waist band is digging into you and the back end is slowly working it's way into a wedgie.

Just my 2 cents. :)

You have me rolling on the floor again! But yes your comments are so true. I only have one pair of panties I miss from the past. They were french cut with the little lace frills tiered across the back. They were so comfy. I have never seen them again in stores, but I didn't check on the web or Victoria's Secret. I'm not really sure why I have never shopped there. Maybe I wanted to let Victoria keep her Secrets? WedgiePhobia? OK, it is because they never have a manikin in my big as a bus size. Giggle. Hug. Jody

Guest G_Unit

So when it comes to Bras, do I buy some now and hope they fit my breast forms when I finally get them, or do I wait to get the forms first then the bras so I know the bras will fit nicely? A friend of mine said wait to get bras after I get my forms. Since I do plan to go 24/7 at some point. Just a thought I've been having.

• Admin

Usually the breast form order form has an approximate size that goes with your band size. You measure the band size just under the nipples at the first point you can touch a solid rib.under the skin. Also measure at a point above the nipple on bone so the measuring tape goes just under your arm pits. Use the bigger of the two measurements for a band size, such as in my case the largest measurment in inches is 41, so my band size is 42 (they are only in even sizes). You ordered a size (?) say 8, which at 42 inches gives a C cup. That by the way is from the Breast Form Store's charts. Go ahead and get a 42C bra, but I would recommend getting a bra that is less than $30US for your first one. Until you get used to the feel, the real flimsy and delicate bras, no matter what size are going to look no better than the cheap ones, and can be mishandled too easily and actually having a breast form sink to your waist or pop out your neckline is funny as hell to the folks around you, but murder on you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest *Charlotte P*

Practicality can also come from storage space..our lingerie chest is stuffed (we split it evenly) and I have a big section of closet right next to her hanging lingerie, and now i've spilled over into a couple of my regular clothes drawers, taking over one completely!!

Guess I just need more storage space...

Charlotte

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LindaKay_LV

It's funny but when I first started dressing openly at home, it was all about "intimates". bras, panties, shapers & garter belts. But after about 6 months I found that I became more concerned with the outer wear. I'm much more into coming up with different outfits and "looks". I pretty much stick with a few bras that fit well with my breastforms and plenty of basic panties. I gave up mens "skivvies" a year ago because panties were just plain more comfortable! and it keeps me somewhat in touch with my feminine side. I just have to be a little more careful when "nature calls" while I'm at work or out in public.

Hugs

Linda Kay