• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bathroom-Obsessed Anti-Trans Movement Caught False Flagging A Teen

Guest Jenn348

Guest Jenn348

Here's one of the articles:

http://www.charismanews.com/us/41346-transgender-boy-harassing-girls-in-the-bathroom-gets-no-punishment

From the comments:

As a Christian girl who attends FHS, I'd just like to say that I've never been harassed by this individual not have I ever seen him harass anyone else. He's actually shy and a nice person. Do I think he should be able to use the girls bathroom? I'm torn. He either uses our bathroom and makes MAYBE 30% of the girls uncomfortable, or he uses the boy's restroom and gets beat up. I don't feel uncomfortable by him. Also, there are a lot of holes in this story. No parents initially complained. There was a mass Facebook message that included 150+ students and parents, outing him publicly. It was such a big deal, all electronic devises were confiscated if seen that day. THEN it was a problem and parents complained. This boy wasn't treated fairly. As a Christian, I had to put the truth out there. He didn't hurt or harass anyone. Our entire world needs Christ. My school definitely included. And I will stand up for Christ, as well as be kind to all of Christ's creations, just as He would.
This article comes to us from the Christian Broadcasting Network and they give no details of the allegations and cite no sources. They appear to have "broken" this story but their article (copied here) contains zero journalism. I went looking for more info on this and found nothing.

So apparently the kids and the school were cool with it and everybody was happy. Then some parents organized to out the transgender girl publicly so they could start accusing her of harassment to bolster support for anti-trans measures.

Very shameful and underhanded behavior. Criminal charges should be filed.

Guest KimberlyF

This is typical in that both sides take shots over non-real issues to make the other side's position not of any worth.

"This article comes to us from the Christian Broadcasting Network and they give no details of the allegations and cite no sources. They appear to have "broken" this story but their article (copied here) contains zero journalism. I went looking for more info on this and found nothing."

I do believe all journalism is dead, but this point is bogus. True journalists have gone to jail instead of revealing their sources. Watergate broke without knowing who Deepthroat was. Does that make it non-journalism?

Guest KimberlyF

And I would also point out the extreme irony of the two quotes above.

As humans we seem to believe what we believe and other points are flawed.

So, in the second post, an unsourced article is a joke, but a the first comment, which is made by someone who created an account to reply to this article specifically and has only posted on this topic is a trusted source on exactly how things are in the school...if you agree with those comments.

Guest ~Emmie~

And I will stand up for Christ, as well as be kind to all of Christ's creations, just as He would

I love the integrity and compassion shown by this person. It is a very *Christian* worldview, to accept and treat others the way you wish to be treated. It's the first rule we learned in kindergarten, and the first tenet you learn in Sunday School. My parents made somewhat of a half-hearted attempt to raise me in the Christian tradition- we left my childhood Baptist church after my mom overheard parishioners raising funds to "save the poor heathens in China", and it rubbed her the wrong way- and although it failed to ingratiate me with established religion, it did instill meaningful virtues that I think made me a better person.

The world needs more examples of generosity of the spirit like this.

If I read the article and posting correctly, a transgendered student was using the girls' bathroom after being repeatedly beat-up whenever she was using the boys' bathroom.

I was hoping that by this time, the use of school bathrooms to gang up on, and bully someone, not to mention physically assaulting someone, were in the past. Larger stores have security cameras in their bathrooms. Are public schools not allowed to make use of such security devices?

I hope that things can be resolved there internally, without a lot of outside interference causing even further problems.

Guest LizMarie

Here's the phone call with the high school principal who states there "have not been any situations". The student did not harass anyone. So what we have here is bigotry disguised as false charges against the charged student that are entirely false.

If you want to argue with the principal, feel free. I think she is fairly authoritative about this and she is "really disappointed" about "everything that is being said" about this situation publicly. "The vast majority of our parents are supportive of the student."

The only people at fault here are the bigots who have a problem with trans folk even existing.

Listen to the phone call. There has been one total incident among the students, where one student used the trans student's old name, and was politely asked by the trans student to use her proper name and that was that.

http://www.transadvocate.com/trans-student-attacking-girls-in-restroom-or-you-know-not.htm

I applaud the teacher for being willing to clarify the situation.

Now let's see if any major media corrects their "mistakes" against this student.

I hope one day soon, the cloaked bigotry is exposed for what it really is.

In my locality, my personal experience has been a large body of loving and caring people that accept us and do not want to see us oppressed. An equally large body of people that don't understand us and are effected by myths and misinformation, but yet wish us no harm. A smaller body of people that just don't care, probably nearly, or equal to, the common group of people that don't care about anyone's rights or treatment other than their own, or their group. They seem to take the elitist view. They don't want us to effect them in any way, socially, politically, or economically in any regard. We should not be seen or heard in their world. We should just quietly live behind the woodshed. The smallest body is the haters, very militant and outspoken in some cases, wishing to annihilate any trace, seemingly in most cases. These people are as small minded as their group and scream foul the loudest. All their motives, I view as a danger and a threat to me and all of us, trangender or not withstanding.

That is just my opinion in my little corner of my world. The dangerous need to be contained and prosecuted, in words and deed. The elitists will be what they are, sad to say. The people that need the education and exposure to all the good things we have to offer, are the group each of us should be Trans Ambassadresses and Ambassadors to. Individually and collectively. That will give us a large enough common body and voice to end the small minded tyranny. End speech. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest LizMarie

Oh your view is very much like those of others, including myself, hon. But the haters are loud, persistent, and do actual harm to people when they can. That's the problem. If the haters were just silently hating over in their corner, I wouldn't give 2 cents for them. But they create a false crisis like this and (if you read the comments in Cristan's story), when confronted with the truth, they don't even care. It's more important to them to crucify a child than to get the truth out there.

I would like to say that the interview with the principal was WOW!!!

Florence / Fremont County is the prison capital of the nation. There are over a dozen Federal, State, Private prisons in the area including Super Max the highest security prison in the county. Florence claims that nobody locks their doors because 99% of the people work for the prison system and are armed to the teeth.

I find it amazing that FHS has such a supporting staff and it seems students. This is not a place I would expect this. (By the way if you go by FHS it actually looks like one of the prison facilities) :)

This is just another example of where the extreme Christine right has taken a story and blown it all out of what is real.

Mia

Guest Billie De

I do work for the Florence School and their District along with the City of Florence on an almost daily basis and I can say is Florence and Canon City will surprise you of how accepting they have been of me and other Transgender persons in the Area...Yes it is a Conservative town but don't be painting our area with a Broad Brush of Bigotry as all you are doing is the same thing the Hate Mongers are doing..

I have already been in contact with our Local Newspaper and they are going to be doing their own Fact checking and I will be keeping up on this also.

As for being armed to the Teeth.. Yes we are and we have very few Major Crimes here because of that...Who needs ADT when I have an AR15 protecting my House.. And for the record.. It has never been fired at another Human. :)

• Admin

Thanks for posting the article and embedded phone call, LizMarie. I'm not surprised that the whole thing was blown out of proportion. The media (and the main stream media has done this on occasion, too) often pick up something and repeat it without doing any independent verification of facts. It is also something that happens all the time in social media. It is an unfortunate aspect of our media-driven lives, and this will happen again. Once its out there, it is difficult, if not impossible, to fix it. I suspect we'll be hearing the same lies on Fox News any day now.

Carolyn Marie

Billie De,

Sorry I did not mean to come off as being negative about the area. I was just trying to paint the picture of how conservative it seems and how surprised I was that the HS is so accepting. I am there a couple times a year for events at the Florence Mountain Park.

Mia

Guest Rebecca A

The 'equal access' portion of equal rights bills is always a sticking point, they argue we are pedophiles, that we dress as women to gain access to facilities to be rapists etc. Of course all of their information is unfounded, and I have yet to ever hear a story of a trans person raping any cis women in a bathroom, Really, we just want a place to pee in silence, and if the laws force us to use the men's room, we all know that more of our sisters will end up harassed, beaten, killed and raped in the men's room. It's tough to explain though to allies who hear the lies that are out there.

Guest Billie De

Well.. The Damage is done..Lets see how far this goes now.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/news/education/ci_24317516/transgender-case-under-investigation

I will be talking with the Chief Tomorrow as he is also a good friend of mine to hopefully see what the deal is..

Mia,

Sorry that came off wrong...After 47 years of calling this my home, I sometimes get a little over sensitive of peoples perception of our town and surrounding area as so many people portray Fremont County in such a negative light..We have our pluses and minuses just like any town or city and we are going through a very difficult time this year with loosing one of our Prime Tourist destinations to fire in June, The Royal Gorge Park and Bridge..We lost 48 out of 50 buildings there leaving only the bridge standing thus causing over $20 million in Damage and who knows how much Tourism Dollars then add the flooding we had at the end of summer, The area is kinda in shambles right now... My wife just finished her inspections with FEMA and the SBA so we'll see if we get any Federal relief/help.

All in all the Colorado the front range lost somewhere close to 20,000 homes and who knows how many people displaced and well over $2 billion in Damages so the negativity of this year puts a girl on edge sometimes.

Then now to add Faux Nooses BS can make a girl want to go postal..

Guest Jenn348

Apparently National Review is digging their heels in, changing the definition of harassment mid-game.

So now, the girls who accused her of harassment are still right because her mere presence in the bathroom amounts to harassment.

Guest LizMarie

More about the radical anti-trans agenda in action. Again, supported by multiple phone calls and interviews that completely destroy the lies of the anti-trans bigots.

http://www.transadvocate.com/pji-has-wildly-varrying-tones-talking-points-on-jane-doe-ab-1266.htm

Also, this is additional evidence that this is all about politics, not that young woman.

And finally, note that the Los Angeles school district has already been using these kinds of regulations since 2004! And they discovered that they have over 3500 transgender students (0.5%)!! And these regulations have caused no issues.

• Admin

San Francisco schools also have the same regulations in place for several years, the two district's policies were included in the AB1266 legislative analysts package at the time the law was read to the CA state Senate for the first time. The prior law allowed those regulations, but did not make them mandatory for statewide schools. Our dear fault finders today have been asleep at the wheel and are now straddling a guard rail above the Mojave River waiting for the tip over.

(For non Californians, the Mojave River is an underground river dry on the surface except during flash floods. It will make for a hard dry landing.)

Guest LizMarie

The targeted trans teen is now on suicide watch, thanks to the deliberate actions of the Pacific Justice Institute.

All because of bathroom laws. I wonder how many people who advocate for "bathroom laws" see what's happened here? A happy trans teenager has been outed, targeted, humiliated, and now is on suicide watch because someone wants to obsess about bathroom laws. This is not just absurd, it's sick.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/10/25/2836121/anti-lgbt-group-continues-targeting-transgender-teen-suicide-watch-unhealthy-behavior/

• Admin

You may tend to notice that it is always MALES (self annointed alpha??) pushing the "safety" of females from their self defined inferior ""male"" tans* targets. Its a bit like a show between two wanabe mating males on a Disney nature film here, and somehow I get the sense these "superior" males are afraid of letting "inferior MALES" too near the herd of fillys, ewes or does, or <insert fertile female of specie>. The GG younster females are their PROPERTY and source of power.

Guest Jenn348

The targeted trans teen is now on suicide watch, thanks to the deliberate actions of the Pacific Justice Institute.

All because of bathroom laws. I wonder how many people who advocate for "bathroom laws" see what's happened here? A happy trans teenager has been outed, targeted, humiliated, and now is on suicide watch because someone wants to obsess about bathroom laws. This is not just absurd, it's sick.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/10/25/2836121/anti-lgbt-group-continues-targeting-transgender-teen-suicide-watch-unhealthy-behavior/

I don't normally cheerlead for DOJ, but this would be a great time for Holder to get his nose into something. Sue PJI into the ground for their false claims, harassment and attempted civil rights abuses.

Guest Billie De

Interesting talk this evening with Chief Mike about Jessica last night.

PJI lawyers are blocking the investigation, by not letting the police talk to the girls who made the accusations. He can't file obstruction charges against them or the lawyers as there is/will be no charges filed, as of now....What I can tell you. (Until the complete report is released this week)) It looks like it was only 2 students involved who started harassing Jessica and they didn't like the the Principles and Boards answer so the parents went out of their way to make a big deal. Possible, False Filing charges here as they said she was being beat up by other school kids. In reality it's the opposite, Jessica has had nothing but support from most of the students and from what I understand, Most of the football team has protected her from any harassment. (Can't confirm that though) .

As for the Suicide watch.. The Chief has heard nothing about this at all so we can't confirm this as true or not. I know Jessica's Mom's have had her going to a few extra sessions over this but haven't heard about any suicide watch, which I feel is slightly fabricated, as unless you're locked up there is no suicide watch per-say in normal society that I know of.

To me it is starting to look like both sides are now strictly using Jessica and the two complainants as stepping stones and grandstanding platforms, fabricating problems where none existed..

I Will hopefully be meeting the Moms and Jessica in the coming days.I didn't want to push myself on them, But as having lived through some of this BS myself I just want to let them know they are not alone through this and will make available to them any resources I have. (My Lawyer, Contacts in Law Enforcement and Media and most of all. My local support network)..The best thing Jessica and her Mom's can see is that, They are Not alone in all this Locally.. We can post and scream on Facebook and other outlets all we want.. But until you can actually put a human face on all this, That is when the reality sets in that you're not alone.