• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Switching voices

Guest Deandra

Guest Deandra

Hey all

Today I had a session with my therapist and I asked her if it was possible to switch from a male voice to a female voice and back. She told me there were links to DVDs on this site that teaches how to have a female voice but not for it to stay that way; she said something like that. Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Deandra,

There are many FREE Good Videos on You Tube.

Go to the YouTube website and enter "Transgender Voice Change".

They should keep you busy for a while.

I wish you Success and Happiness on your Journey.

Hugs,

Carla

Guest lostflower

She has no idea what she's talking about I can keep my 'real' voice with no problems

I even get mistaken for my mum when her co-workers call and I used to get mistaken for my dad

Hannah

• Forum Moderator

Oddly voice is not always a concern. I am sometimes misgendered on the phone but often i am heard as a woman also. In public my appearance does away with any doubts about the voice. Just like looks and body type there are women who sound like men when they speak.

I think you can also sound more female if you wish. I know that when i get angry i can put on a good imitation of a male temper. It can take people by surprise.

You can certainly go to U Tube and do some exercises. They may well help. Perhaps someday when time allows i'll do a bit more as well.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Deandra

I think you guys mistook what I said. I want to sound like a female when I want and a male when I want. You know going back and forth. Right now I can't ever live full time as a woman because of my mom.

Guest chibi_usa

I think you guys mistook what I said. I want to sound like a female when I want and a male when I want. You know going back and forth. Right now I can't ever live full time as a woman because of my mom.

Yes! You absolutely can if you perfected both your voices. Once you perfect your female voice you have to go back to perfecting make voice. The best excercise that I always do when I'm alone is sing my ABC's Mixed mode. XD Of course you'd be offtune but it teaches you to switch, back and forth extremely quickly.

For beginners I do

ABC( Guy)

DEF( Girl)

HIJ(Guy)

KLM(Girl)

So on...

A(Guy)

B(Girl)

C(Guy)

D(Girl)

So on...

Ehhh I'll do a video when I got time. XD

Guest Deandra

Yes! You absolutely can if you perfected both your voices. Once you perfect your female voice you have to go back to perfecting make voice. The best excercise that I always do when I'm alone is sing my ABC's Mixed mode. XD Of course you'd be offtune but it teaches you to switch, back and forth extremely quickly.

For beginners I do

ABC( Guy)

DEF( Girl)

HIJ(Guy)

KLM(Girl)

So on...

A(Guy)

B(Girl)

C(Guy)

D(Girl)

So on...

So you're saying you have to talk like a guy when you want to and a girl when you want to in your life? Well if you've done that then I can do it to if I tried. So first I have to find my female

voice then practice the ABCs. I wonder if I ever get the alone time to ever practice voicing. I just hope that getting that female voice doesn't involve having to scream or make loud noises.

Anyway, thanks chibi and everyone else. :)

Deandra

Guest lostflower

I can use my real voice and 'his' whenever I want to

I sometimes deliberately use it to weird people out, I did it to both my GT and a co-worker that knew me before my they found it strange to hear me using my old voice even though I once used it all the time they actually thought my voice had always been the way it is now. I can still do a reasonable imitation of Gerard Butler shouting "Spartans! What Is your Profession?" (no surprise really we're both from the same town so our accents are pretty similar) if I ever go to Michigan I'll be popular :)

I also have to avoid singing along to Need You Now by Lady Antebellum because I might end up doing both the male and female parts by myself not that well but closely enough that a few people have been freaked out by it

Hannah

Guest chibi_usa

For beginners I do

ABC( Guy)

DEF( Girl)

HIJ(Guy)

KLM(Girl)

So on...

A(Guy)

B(Girl)

C(Guy)

D(Girl)

So on...

So you're saying you have to talk like a guy when you want to and a girl when you want to in your life? Well if you've done that then I can do it to if I tried. So first I have to find my female

voice then practice the ABCs. I wonder if I ever get the alone time to ever practice voicing. I just hope that getting that female voice doesn't involve having to scream or make loud noises.

Anyway, thanks chibi and everyone else. :)

Deandra

Ahaha ya. Ummm no don't need to scream or loud noises. Psh if you can perfect the ABC's in your girl voice your pretty ready (Because the ABC's use so much different muscles or whatever if u know wt i mean). Anyways but the thing is I use my "girl voice" (It's now my normal voice) 24/7 too. I got lucky because my voice slowly is getting higher so my parents haven't noticed much. But anyways ya.