• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Negative People

Guest Kontessa

Guest Kontessa

Something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade. So remember this story the nextime some one who knows nothing, and cares less, tries to make your life miserable.

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser.

'Rome? Why would anyone want to go there?' he said. 'It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome. So how are you getting there?'

'We're taking United,' was her reply. 'We got a great rate!'

'United!' he exclaimed. 'That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, there flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?'

'We'll be at this exclusive little place on Rome's Tiber River called Teste.'

'Don't go any further. I know the place. Everybody thinks thinks it's gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump.'

'We're going to the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope.'

'That's rich,' laughed the hairdresser. 'You and a million other people trying to see him. He will look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. you're going to need it.'

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip.

'It was wonderful!' explained the women, 'not only were we on time in one of United's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.'

'And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They too were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the owner's suite at no extra charge!'

'Well,' muttered the hairdresser, 'thant's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope.'

'Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the vistors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. And sure enough five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me.'

"Oh, really! What did he say?'

'He wanted to know where I got such a LOUSY HAIRCUT!'

• 3 months later...

You wouldn't happen to know the name of the hairdresser would you? I want to make sure I NEVER go there!

• 3 months later...
Guest Cody76

I guess the only reason she went back was to rub it in the hairdressers face sounds like the hairdresser didn't do so well.