• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Scared ?MTF?

Guest Jamie23

Guest Jamie23

Hello,

This is my first ever public post announcing this anywhere, but I feel like I need to get some advice. I joined this group because i need guidance. Well born as a guy, i thought i fit in the gay category but I honestly do not fit in with any guys at all. Like i dont have any gay friends or guy friends as a matter of fact. Most of my friends are girls because i seem to relate to them with a lot of stuff in life. I do not come across as feminine because i force myself to act more masculine than natural. I hate it, especially when a guy is suppose to do things because he is a guy, it just does not feel natural to me at all. Furthermore, when i go to the bathroom in my dorm, i feel extremely uncomfortable because i feel out of place. I can not explain the way i feel. Growing up, I would dress up in girl clothes and play with barbies all the time. I would cry until i would i would get to play with barbies. All my friends were girls and having older brothers, I hated to boy things. Until i reached a around 7/8 i stopped playing with girl toys because society taught us that is bad. I felt forced into my gender and as a result i am questioning it at 24 years old hard core now. I been seeking a therapist for 2 years now, and tomm i plan on bringing it up to her because I been so scared to do so.

Guest April Kristie

Jamie, First off welcome to LP you will get some great answers to your issues from great people here. Sounds like you have given this alot of thought. A therapist is a great person to bounce your ideas and feelings off. If you do identify as female your therapist should coax her out of you and let you breathe. One step at a time, and be well.

Guest ChristinaAnne

i used to play a lot with "girls" toys when i was a kid, and associated more with the girls in my neighborhood, until i learned what i was doing was "not socially acceptable" I got caught cross dressing at a young age, and repressed myself for quite sometime. so i have a large understanding of how your feeling. and i think bringing it up with your therapist is a great idea. your therapist is their to help you not judge you. im glad i told mine, ive never been happier. *hugs* good luck with you tomorrow =

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Jamie to Laura's playground :) and thanks for your intro post. Your amongst friends here, relax kick back, paroose the many forums, ask a question of our membership if ya feel like it. After 5 posts you may use private messaging with other members.

Good luck with the therapist visit !

Hugs

Cyndi -

Guest Melissa~

Parsing out your post a bit, I think it's fairly normal for gender variant people to not socially fit in their born gender . Being gay at it's most specific is an attraction to men by men, no actual behavior may be involved. Feminine behavior is a learned thing just as acting masculine is learned(and masculine behavior sure as heck makes life easier if male, and complicated if female.)

Given that you already see a therapist it's high time to speak up.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear. We always need more of us Jersey Girls.

Hugs,

Charlie

Hi Jamie, and welcome to Laura's ! Way back in the old days, I went for a year seeing a therapist and never did tell her about my cross-dressing, nor my feelings at four and five. It finally took several years, and another therapist to admit these things, and it really helped me to move forward.

Just keep in mind that whatever direction you decide to take, how far you decide to go, is your decision, and your decision alone. Please do not let anyone push you too fast, nor somewhere you do not wish to go. It is all good!! :)

Hope you will continue to post when you can!

Huggs,

Opal

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ~Emmie~

Yaaay! Another mtf girl who's also awkward and out of place in this crazy state! (I moved down to Cumberland county four years ago, and am still WAY out of my comfort zone).

I too, struggled in college with anxiety and not-fitting-ness, feeling like, if I liked girls, there was really no point of wanting/feeling I was one. Repressing feminine feelings really sucked; talking in sessions with my GT and in group therapy has let me let my guards down a little. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Feel free to PM if you'd like to chat sometime.

-Emily

• 5 months later...
Guest Amanda May

I have waited till 65 to confront this issue. You are lucky to have the wisdom to discover you answer at such an early age. The question will never go away till you get the answer.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Jamie - welcome :)

If there is one thing I do remember from when I was little it is feeling somehow uncomfortable in the bathroom with other males. These little things (as well as not always seeming or being as little as they first appear) add up to make one realise that there is a difference!

I have found I can relate and understand others better here than anywhere.

Tracy x

• 3 months later...
  • Admin

With over 17,450 members here it's pretty safe to say that 17,445 of us if not more have been insecure about ourselves when we first began our journey's to self love and acceptance of who and what we are (whatever we are). No one likes to believe they are different from other people, but lets face it, we are so we admit we are, and then begin to find out, that in our differences, there is really a pretty nice person there still, and then it begins to make sense to us and others, but for a while it is darned scary.

• 3 months later...
Guest Elyssia

Your story sounds very similar to my experiences, i never felt like I fitted in, just modified my behaviour to blend in as best I could. Been cross dressing since age 5 or something like that.

I still have so many things that I don't know and im in my forties, i wish i had the luxury of internet when I was younger instead of feeling like an alien. Good luck with finding your answers and whatever path is right for you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 215 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Monique Fish
    • Susie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ArtavikenGenderflui
    Newest Member
    ArtavikenGenderflui

1. afraid of self
      afraid of self
    2. Chaidoesart
      Chaidoesart
      (14 years old)
    3. Faith57
      Faith57
    4. Joyce Ann
      Joyce Ann
      (70 years old)
    5. Kelly21121
      Kelly21121
      (56 years old)
    • KatieSC
      I wonder if there will be law enforcement procedural shows coming this fall. I can imagine Law and Order: Genital Crimes Unit, or perhaps, FBI: Domestic Genitalia. Then again, maybe they will dedicate a CSI program about the dedicated members of the Oklahoma State Police Genital Screening Unit. Good to know that those Oklahomans have their priorities squared away.
    • KatieSC
      Protections? Well, when they mandate that some who is transgender can get facial and genital electrolysis paid as it is essential to affirming care, or when they mandate and pay for facial feminization surgery, speech therapy/voice affirmation surgery, I will believe that the order is effective. One of biggest hurdles for many transgender individuals is the cost of care. I remember when my one insurance company tried to say that my speech therapy and voice surgery were "cosmetic". I remember when they blocked paying for my facial surgery. I remember the fight I had to get electrolysis. These procedures could save someone's life if the procedures help the individual successfully transition, and are no longer misgendered. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I don't think it should be.  Nor do I see Project 2025 as pushing Christian nationalism.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      The agencies are supposed to work for him.  The problem, as conservatives found out in Trump 1, was they will ignore the president and do their own thing.  The agencies are supposed to be under his control.   Congress delegated some of its law making authority to the agencies, which is another problem.   The bloated federal government needs to be trimmed.  Dept Education is worthless - test scores have dropped since it was instituted in the Carter administration consistently, and it is currently implementing Biden's woke agenda more than doing anything else.
    • FinnyFinsterHH
      I hope to eventually wear a suit for dance but don't know what exactly to look for. I feel like jumpsuit is safe option but I have been interested in wearing button up and formal pants. Is there a certain brand i should look for or sites I should look at for tips? My mom is not exactly keen on me wearing too masc clothing like suits just yet but is okay with jumpsuits. Also is there hair styling tips availible, my hair looks like image below. I might be able to get shorter haircut like pixie but am not sure yet.  
    • MaeBe
      It’s never been about him, but he is the Presidential nominee for the Presidency that starts in…2025. I don’t see a lot of conflation that this is a “Trump doctrine”, it a doctrine that benefits him surely, but it is a plan to instill crony governance and enact very Christian conservative (if not purely Christian nationalist) “order” on the country. If you don’t see this as the Right doubling down on Big G government, I don’t know what to tell them. Getting rid of agencies and giving the authority directly to the Executive isn’t shrinking government. It’s consolidation power. 
    • MaeBe
      It is the made up ideology they believe trans people are pushing on the world, those “poor young girls who are being coerced into believing they are men” and the “perverts who put on dresses and think they’re girls”. The anti-LGBTQ+ movement came up with the term. Being trans = you believe in trans ideology/transgenderism, supporting trans people = the same.   In the end anyone that acts on or thinks gender is anything but what is in your pants is a “transgenderist”, why not make it a word if it’s not, there is no real grey area. Unless you acknowledge there is transgenderism, but use your knowledge to “correct it”.  So I guess there could be transgenderist conversion “therapists”.  Face it, we deface the America they want. Land of the Free and Home of the Brave? I think being out and queer is pretty brave. And freedom shouldn’t just be for those who push a narrow “Christian ideology” as the “true” governing model.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Over here muttering about "a new Jim Crow against a persecuted minority."    
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Rants are not a problem.  My favorite hobby! :)   What's out there is bad enough that I wonder why some people feel they need to embellish it.  Be alert.   Some of this will need to be fought in court if they try to implement it. If people are out to get me, paranoia is justified.  And this may not be the only document.   Abby
    • Ivy
      Not in so many words, therefore it's not there at all.  Excuse my paranoia. And the states passing laws against us are nothing to worry about either. Having to change my gender back to male (like in Florida) is reasonable.  I should just accept it, I mean I was born with a dk.  So that "F" is lie, and a fraud.  My delusions need to be dealt with for my own good.   I'm just frustrated these days.  Just a bit of a rant.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You probably remember the Target PR fiasco.  I remember reading an account from a woman who shopped there.  She went into a stall and did her business, and someone came into the bathroom and began swinging stall doors open, and when she came to her stall, the woman peeked at her through the crack. "What are you doing?" "Checking for perverts." The writer was so stunned by the absurdity that she finished up ASAP and got out of there, while the other woman entered a stall and locked it, made sure it was locked, and locked it again. 
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Been a good day.Cleaned my closet of clothes that I do not wear anymore and do not fit me.It looks better now.Came down to my newest property beside mine,owner passed and I inherited it.There was a double wide there that was removed,it was in bad shape.It is the shop part I am keeping which I got the tools,shop equipment,benches,hoists and shelving too.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Nothing about eradicating TG folk. 
    • Ivy
      If 9 out of 10 parts are ok, that doesn't mean I need to accept the bad parts (that are aimed directly at me).  That seems suicidal.
    • Ivy
      True, most of it has nothing to do directly with us.  It's the parts that do that are the problem.   I see the  few problematic statements as being a big problem.  Just because a lot of it may be okay, doesn't change that. Even supposing the rest of it might be good for the country, it doesn't help me if I'm being "eradicated".  I suppose I should be good with that, because it's for the "greater good".  If me being gone would please a number of people, then it's my civic duty to disappear, and vote to implement that.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.