• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

You won't believe the Days I had

Guest April Kristie

Guest April Kristie

Hi, This past weekend into Monday was a fun and accepting one for me. My SO and I went to dinner Saturday night and I went enfemme. A lowcut sweater, slacks and flats (of course). As we were in a very crowded dining room with most people into their own worlds, I came and went as I wished without even a nod to my height or clothing. My hair was styled as in my photo as well. I was sir'd alot by the waiter (gotta work on that voice) but our service and food order was not delayed or anything. I went to my male endo on Monday to tell him I was no longer going to be taking the testosterone shots for my low T (my body does not mfg it at all), and would be seeking female HRT in the future. He and I had a good relationship and I have never heard a bad word from his mouth, he just nodded and said it was not his specialty and that he could help me locate an endo who speciality it was! A great kind man! Something I really did not need to lose sleep over (but I did). My SO was having her back realigned at the chiro and I went over enfemme again, similiar clothes to above and also signed up for an appointment where the chiro worked on my back and neck as I presented fem to them. While womens slacks as you know have tiny pockets compared to mens pants, my lipstick fell out of my pocket while prone on the table! I moved to another table and my SO was saying "what is that a battery on the floor?", to the other chiro, he picks it up sees it is lipstick. After my time on the table I stand up all 6'8" of me and this average height man says "here you dropped this": I said "oh, thank you" popped it back into my slacks and we left with out blushing or blanching a bit! We went to lunch together and again, while I turned heads as I walked into the dining room, no one said or pointed out anything. We sat among many other tables of women who had gotten together for lunch. My wife made this observation to me, she said that while most people leave you alone as a tall man, they are certainly going to leave you alone as a tall woman! So far, this observation is true! As an aside, we just celebrated our thirtyith anniversary this weekend hence all the restaurants, onwards ladies, onward!

Guest Kenna Dixon

It's great that you have the confidence to carry yourself as a woman despite being tall.

I would guess that most natal women consider themselves "too" or "not enough" something at one time or another. And we trans types have our own insecurities.

If we're ever thinking we fail to meet some standard in regard to what defines feminine appearance and carriage, an hour at Wal-Mart can be very reassuring.

Guest April Kristie

Yes, the barrage of perfection in the media has skewed reality for many. I admit an affection for Gywen Paltrow, was in chiros office looking at a cover of her airbrushed perfection. When I went to lunch the room was full of average women just being themselves, while my look was a bit more polished, I see the "hour at WalMart" comment as totally valid. I have those football shoulders you will not see in my cropped pic. But, after an earlier post here my confidence is much higher. Thanks for your observations Kenna.

Guest Jamie_cd

Congratulations on your anniversary! You seem very confident and that always seems to help us be more convincing even if we don't pass really well. It's funny how society creates this perfect woman but hardly any women fit that type. Being average is probably much more fun and less work than trying to look like a supermodel haha! From what I can see in your avatar, you look great April.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. You must carry yourself very well because

people don't react to you negatively.

:thumbsup:

Guest April Kristie

Thanks Jamie, gennee, my wife made the observation that people didn't usually give me grief as a big male, so maybe they won't as a big female? Whatever, I gotta be me! LOL