• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is up with make-up commercials!?

Guest Always Good

Guest Always Good

I mean, have you seen those hairstyles? If you want someone to buy your product you should stop completely ruining the models' image!

I can't really comment on the make-up itself because my attention was completely drawn in by the train wreck happening on the heads of those poor girls.

Guest Always Good

Err, I forget the exact commercials but one was like an 80s greaser hair style (or 70s, whatever) that basically looked like a handle on her head and the other was just a mess. I think the messy one had piercings. Also, I doubt anyone who is going for the "I'm hungover and slept in your toilet" look is going to have a good makeup job.

Not that I'm really one to talk about looks, but I'm not trying to present myself as a model.

Guest Sarah Faith

Err, I forget the exact commercials but one was like an 80s greaser hair style (or 70s, whatever) that basically looked like a handle on her head and the other was just a mess. I think the messy one had piercings. Also, I doubt anyone who is going for the "I'm hungover and slept in your toilet" look is going to have a good makeup job.

Not that I'm really one to talk about looks, but I'm not trying to present myself as a model.

Depends on the style really, the commercials though are going for edgy. If you ever look at the bigger fashion shows they go for edgy there too. They aren't really trying to go for the hollywood starlet look.

Alot of Punk, Emo, Alt, and Gothy styles aren't exactly meant to look really put together, but really solid makeup is a must usually for all of those mentioned styles.. I wear a pretty defined look with my makeup and most of the time I'm wearing graphic tees and my studded band patch jacket.