• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feedback on Transitioning

Guest Stray Cat Gypsy

Guest Stray Cat Gypsy

Ay Yo Ellos Everybody

Im wanting peeps feedback on transitioning from female to male. I am GenderQueer, so my transition wouldn't be totally all male oriented, but theres certain aspects and kinks I want to work out to be totally happy with myself and be able to look at myself in the mirror and be like, "Yeah that body fits the inside now." ^_^

I'd love to have feedback on experiences with testosterone. Is there alternative or natural ways to raising it without actually having to take it. (Cuz there are some things I don't want to change so trying to find a happy medium.)

I'm looking up info on transitioning surgeries moreso for the breasts. So peeps experiences, advice info on that subject as well is very appreciated.

As I said I'm trying to find that happy medium cuz I'm fluid when it comes to gender. 2/3rds of me is male the majority of the time the other 3rd being a 3rd gender or female. I want to be more Male Looking, but dainty in a charismatic fashion if that makes any sense at all. lol. I identify as a male, just a very petite, flamboyant one. :D

Any help, info, advice, feedback anything; I'm looking forward to hearing.

Thank U

• Forum Moderator

I would try reading the posts in the FTM section. Hopefully you will find some materials that will help. There is also a whole section devoted to androgyne which might be worth spending some time reading. Hopefully you will also get more feedback from others here more on your path. Enjoy and welcome to Laura's!

Hugs,

Charlie

• Admin

On this site, we don't recommend "natural" methods of testosterone enhancement, because most herbal supplements, or the sort of prescription means you see on T.V., are either unsafe, ineffective, or haven't been tested to bring on the kinds of changes that FtM's desire. I have not heard of any type of testosterone (or estrogen for MtF's) that allows one to pick and choose the kinds of effects one will get.

That said, I suggest you see an endocrinologist who is familiar with HRT for FtM's and use their guidance.

Carolyn Marie

Guest April Kristie

Hey Stray Cat, I had a low testosterone problem when I was living as a male, I was trying to find foods, and vitamins that helped to raise testosterone more naturally. NOT the hyped artificial items you might find in a sex shop or site, but actual foods and other common supplements that can help, like Oysters for instance. Do a search on line for foods to help raise T levels in males! Cheers!

There are some good blogs out there by genderqueer folks transitioning from F to Middle. There are doctors who will do chest surgery for someone who isn't on T, and there are those who have done trials of much lower doses of T than usual, with the possibility of stopping either when desired results are achieved or in the event undesired results crop up first.

The reality is, with HRT you have to take what you may not want along with what you want. It is what it is. It's like that old sitcom theme song: "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life." For myself, I am not thrilled with the idea of a receding hairline or more acne than what I already have, and both could happen. My maternal grandfather's comb-over was almost as impressive as his comb-able eyebrows, and my dad is a hairy guy. I'm already hairier than some guys, so while I may not achieve Robin Williams, I may well get quite hairy. I'm fairly certain I'll nonetheless be starting T withiin the next year.

• Forum Moderator

One problem for people without testis is that all the stuff you read and hear about increasing testosterone are aimed at people who DO have them and are a waste of money at best and dangerous at worst for us.

There is one supplement that has slight effects as far as upping T levels in anyone but is very dangerous and many Drs are pushing to have it become a prescription only regulated drug. It throws off other blood tests and can have a wide range of side effects while producing very slight results-like producing a few random facial hairs and making the voice sound like you have allergies. I took it years ago for energy and strength which it is also hyped to increase. With Lupus sometimes I got desperate to increase my energy levels during a flare. When I had to tell my Dr he went ballistic and we had a long talk about supplements and the effects this one was having on a prescription I was on as well. I did a lot of research and was shocked and appalled at how dangerous and misleading and unregulated they are.

As far as those male supplements-there is a pinned thread about them. Today alone I got notices from the FDA where they recalled 3 different brands for including banned or prescription only drugs. Those drugs are not only dangerous because of side effects but useless for us because they are aimed at body parts we just don't have.

As others have said only a Dr can help you with this one. It may take some searching to find one who is sympathetic and understanding. In the time I have been here on the forums I have seen a very wide range of effects of T and what kicks in when. It is very individual. My hairline has definitely receded -I had trouble adjusting to that but now it's okay-and the first thing that happened was hair where I never thought about it and the second was sounding like a frog.

The good news is that clothing and hair and presentation as well as body language can achieve a lot of what you want. Sounds a bit like an Adam Lambert look without the facial hair?

It sounds like a challenge but I think you'll get there-just be safe so you can enjoy it when you do, When you are really sick it no longer matters much what you look like.

Johnny

Guest Stray Cat Gypsy

Thank you for everyone's input. Greatly appreciated. I am researching and will continue to do so. So thank you all for more routes to look into and learn about. :)

Guest ChefErik93

I can't offer much advice on T or surgery because I am not on T nor have i had surgery. I do relate with your gender though. I am still figuring it out but i do consider myself dominantly male with MAYBE some female aspects. Good luck figuring this out!

Erik