• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Buying Hair Removal (Laser) from Sephora

Guest chibi_usa

Guest chibi_usa

Thinking about buying this for hair removal

https://www.sephora.com/hair-removal-laser-4x-P377817?skuId=1552868

(Tria 4x)

Costs 450$. What's the chance of it working?

And what's the chance of getting hypopigmentation with this machine?

My plan

I've had laser hair removal before but it only slowed it down by a little. Now I'm off of HRT it's growing so fast. Might as well buy a machine and use it for like... a yr and hopefully it'll work right?

Guest ~Brenda~

I would get something from a bonafide actual physical store.

Also, you will need to be able to talk to a salesperson who is very familiar with the product they are selling.

Love

Brenda

• Forum Moderator

Quacks and phonies abound hoping to sell stuff that claims all kinds of cheap results. Please beware of fakes.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Melissa~

Tria has been around for a while, their product is licensed in various countries for facial hair removal. In the litigious US, the same product isn't listed for facial hair use. Yes it's real, it's slow and tedious though.

• Admin

I would check as many product review sites as possible before plunking down serious money on a hand held LHR device. Check the FDA's web site, too. I have a hard time believing that a hand held device is anywhere near as effective as the large, powerful machines they have in clinics. I would also make sure there was a money back guarantee if the thing doesn't work as advertised. Oh, and lastly, the ad says it "permanently" reduces hair. Reduces? What does that mean? LHR effects are rarely permanent, even with the clinical machines.

As the old (wise) saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Carolyn Marie

Guest CassieX

Yup, ditto to what Melissa said. The Tria laser is a great product which has been talked about more than once in the forums. I bought mine a while back online from Sephora since I wanted the points (love that store!) and like it though the aperture is smaller than a professional laser, but then it doesn't cost 10's of thousands of dollars like they do. I definitely wouldn't use it on my face though even if I could. Too many evil white hairs mean I get to visit my electrologist twice a week. :)

Cassie

• 4 months later...
Guest Kaylee

I actually bought a Tria recently. For the $500... it had great reviews all over the web... and on Amazon. The typical review says people got permanent results. Now... my sister had her legs done a few years ago at a salon with a pro laser... and has had some regrowth. Obviously... Nothing is 100%. Her cost for that was like $1,200... and 6 to 10 sessions. (Tria... way cheaper) I started using the Tria on my legs... but frankly, I'm a big baby and after a few zaps on a higher level I start twitching... making it hard to keep your place. I've done my legs completely one time (a few weeks ago), and just started a second go. They say it may take multiple times... and that over time, the hair gets finer... meaning you can use a higher level and it won't hurt big baby's like me.

I have noticed slowed growth... and areas where the hair is no longer there. I'm hoping that I will get the results I want.

When I bought it, the Tria site stated (for use on facial hair) but the booklet says (not for use on men's facial hair due to follicle size). I have no take a decision... but was considering trying it on a small section of my neck... and see what the result is.

At the moment... I believe it's worth it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 142 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Birdie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Lisa C
    Newest Member
    Lisa C

1. Akira
      Akira
    2. Bridget56
      Bridget56
      (68 years old)
    3. Erin Elizabeth
      Erin Elizabeth
      (39 years old)
    4. Lady Ayu
      Lady Ayu
      (36 years old)
    5. Pandora
      Pandora
    • Ivy
      And incompetence.   Not many people would give a rat's @$$ about us if they didn't keep stirring this crap up.   So all this explodes and then what?  A huge pile of bodies - and for what? Perhaps that will satisfy the blood lust.  But then no… it might take a few more piles.  Meh, it won't be my problem anymore.
    • Ivy
      I don't think people realize how dangerous this man is. Yeah, he has a vendetta against us.  His trans-daughter dissed him.  Then his ex dated Chelsea Manning.  He made "cis" an official slur out of spite. He is an authoritarian, and he interfered in the Ukraine war - because he could.  Our government has let themselves become dependent on his satellites  and rockets. His megalomania dwarfs DJT's. Just my opinion of course.
    • Ivy
      The Fathers provided for a way to update the constitution, and it has been used in the past.  They weren't as stupid as some of their supposed modern followers.  As soon as it was passed, they added the "Bill of Rights." 
    • Liz
      @Ashley0616Hii : P I hope it works better out this time. Imho I think taking it very slow and without expectations works best. or like thinking about any outcome and dont expecting a specific one. Maybe you learn more about her and she is just not like you thought. Maybe I am just super slow and picky Idk but everytime I was going fast or let me being rushed it failed miserably.
    • EasyE
      so true, so true ... my female side seems to want come out more and more these days... 
    • nissra M.
      i,m wearing my tommy hillfiger bra that i got on prime day.  and chilling in the backyard. 100 degrees already in Vegas.
    • Birdie
      As an engineer I was invited to a climate change conference decades ago. They had a very nice model posted covering them last 130,000 years showing a gradual warming since the end of the last ice age and a small spike starting about the beginning of the industrial revolution. They were absolutely correct in their data, we are experiencing climate change and things will get grim here shortly (relatively speaking).    The data missing in the presentation were ice core samples dating back about 400,000 years showing a natural cycle that earth has been experiencing for about 4 billion years. The last ice age showed data that almost mimics identical to our present data, and humans were just emerging and still cave dwellers.    Not to say that humans are not effecting climate, even if a coyote pees on a bush in the desert the micro environment changes. We should be respectful to our planet.    But there is NO amount of legislation that will STOP climate change. It's going to happen no matter what. Rather than spending trillions of dollars trying to STOP climate change perhaps we should be trying to figure out how to survive the inevitable.    Many engineers at the conference came onboard with me, but needless to say we were never invited to attend the meetings after than. It just didn't fit the agenda of the presenters.   
    • Carolyn Marie
      Something we can agree on!   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
    • MaeBe
      You can look at it this way: the elected officials are more focused on obtaining and staying in power than passing anything. Given that the most recently passed amendment was regarding legislative compensation and that was proposed in 1789 says much about troublesome amending it can be. Very little is written into the Constitution, the "unalienable rights" have been left to exist in statutes and code. Dithering life in a complex modern times to "micromanaging" certain things, such as gas stoves, comes down to the live and let live policy--does the existence of something harm others more than the personal liability one maintains by owning something. One could say they fall into the same category as smoking; it's not just the smoker harming themself. I'm not advocating the elimination of natural gas stoves, I have only read cursorily about it, but one must think past the individual when it comes to laws of the land.   As for what JD Vance stands for, did stand for, now stands for? is a question. I know little about him, other than his stance on marriage. His proposals would allow marriages to endure domestic violence because of the "sanctity" of marriage within a subset of a religion he maintains. He's willing to maritally hot box Americans, to death in some cases, simply because of his religious values. Sure, many share similar values, but not everyone--and definitely not a majority. Also, he's "changed his views" on a Trump presidency because it's politically expedient for him to acquire power. Going from being a "Never Trumper" to signing up to be his VP displays a type of moral bankruptcy I cannot really fathom.
    • KathyLauren
      When he launched that Tesla into space, he should have been the one sitting in the driver's seat.
    • Birdie
      Strange enough my Facebook account was permanently closed due to "inciting hate and violence" when I used to post President Reagan video speeches a lot. 🤔
    • hailey
      I knew that I had a female side of me that likes to come out at at times
    • hailey
      I went through it with my ex wife 10 years ago but with no kids with her.Called my mother and said I could move in with her.My mother hated her and was glad I did divorce her.Plus she was a bully at times making fun of me for my autism
    • Jani
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.