• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New to forums

Guest lis8290

Guest lis8290

Im new to the forums but am not new to Lauras playground. I have been dropping into chat for years on and off.My name is Lis. I live in Mexico. Thankyou for you kind support.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Lis to Laura's Playground forums and thanks for your intro :)

Hope you find the forums useful, please post away, ask a question of the membership or answer someone else.

Hugs

Cynthia -

Hello Lis

Welcome to the Playground. We're glad to welcome you to the forums. I recently traveled to your country for FSS surgery and really enjoyed Guadalajara and all of the people that I met. It would be wonderful to revisit.

As our newest member on the forums, I hope you find this part of Laura's to be very informative and supportive as the Chat Rooms are. You are welcome to jump in any conversation that you find interesting or please start a topic if you wish. It's a real pleasure to say hello to you Lis. I'm Kathryn and I look forward to hearing your thoughts here on the Forums.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Liz. Hope to see you around here more often.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest lis8290

Thankyou so much for your very warm welcome.

Perhaps a little about me.

I am M to F. I am 14 years post op. I love living in Mexico.Mexico is now my home.

I was born in Australia. I grew up in Sydney,Brisband and Lismore. I am a very optomistic unit at heart however unfortunately i suffer bouts of depression and anxiety. These bouts of depression and anxiety come and go and seem to have little external triggers.

I know that they always pass and as i have grown older seem to be diminishing in their frequency and intensity. I also an artist and i have a hobby of making digital music.

I love to walk.I love the sunshine on my face.I love life.I am also lesbian.

Unfortunately I lost my partner of 14 years some 7 months ago to a terrible disease. She was taken so fast and so painfully i was beond my beleif.

My pain and grief was dreadful however the good news is that it is diminishing in its intensity.I still have crying jags regarding her death but they too are diminishing.

I love music and have a large collection of mp3s which i listen to allot. I will be posting more often as I get a good feeling about these forums.

Whatelse?? I love to cook good food. My favorate is my own style to what i call tex/mex/asian fusion. :-)

In my life i have had a number of occupations in my life ,gardener ,organic farmer ,commercial artist ,shelf stacker ,super market freezer manager ,fine artist ,musician ,mental health worker ,assistant community health worker.

That being stated my own mental health rockey and at times unstable. However I am generally well.

As i stated i am 14 years post op. My surgery went terribly wrong and as a result i came close to death. Too close.However i survived and i am very glad to have this life to live.

Thankyou again for the warm welcome.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for your deeper introduction. My partner is ill at this time . She has a slow but fatal disease. I am becoming more and more of a caregiver with time and am grateful for that role in life. She has stayed with me through much including the death of a child. We go on. I have found Laura's to be a place where i have made friends, am able to support others and get support when i need it. I am also a Jill of many trades. Farmer, painter, sculptor(artist) and at times a builder. I'm glad you have joined us here.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Lelia VA

Lis, am so sorry about your partner and know how devastating such a loss is. I'm an artist and music lover too and I take refuge in creating when things seem overwhelming. Music is with me always!

Hugs, dear!

LeeLee

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Lis,
<<< hug >>>
Welcome to Laura's Playground.
Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.
The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.
Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.
One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)
We all look forward to seeing you.
:wub: vanna