• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Supreme Court reviews Utah's same-sex marriage law

Guest Motormouth18

Guest Motormouth18

http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-reviews-utah-39-same-sex-marriage-203649326.html?bcmt=1388799946251-dd8c0b25-c971-4339-b7c9-539a60c04f18

I can't believe Utah's "defense" "Utah argued that children are best raised by a mother and father in a good relationship" :doh1: . I seriously doubt that excuse will hold up. If (& when), the Supreme Court shoots down this defense, I'll be jumping up and down because then other states won't have as a good of a chance of banning or keeping bans on same sex marriage. It'll give me more hope that Georgia might fall in the next few years. :D

• Admin

In the trial phase of the Prop 8 debacle, their "study information sources" that made the same arguments all refused to be cross examined, and have their information sources tested and investigated. I expect the same situation will be true here. Even in Political Science, our research and experimentation phases must be subject to and passed by numerous parties with different "agendas" to insure scientific credibility. A study that cannot be repeated or its results and researchers methods analyzed is junk science, and not credible in our court system. (I continue to hope!!!)

Guest Plaid Chameleon

The whole contraversy over it makes me sad. I read stuff on Yahoo about LGBT issues all the time and I look at the comments section sometimes for kicks....and I never see anything but trolls and people bashing other people. I don't know too much about the Utah law other then it being a mormon oriented thing? Don't qoute me on that. But it still makes me sad. The community should be moving forward toward acceptance not backtracking like this. It makes me wonder sometimes.

Why yes all children should be raised by one father and ten mothers with forty siblings. Oops, that was the old church. I'm kidding and being satirical, please to enlighten, not to offend. (Although Arizonans are still stinging about the damage done to the kids in that little northern AZ town.) Side issue, but their bad example. Yes Virginia, it is a sect of the same church they try to play down. Warren Jeff still tries to preach this way of life from his cell at last I knew.

It is cool to be raised in a two parent home as opposed to a single working parent struggling to nurture and survive too. Do we outlaw single parenting? I have always had difficulty in most of that churches logic and domination. I also resent that nearly every, if not all, the schools in our district have a temple built right across the street. They are not about attraction rather than promotion, they are in force in legions of the west to recruit and force their way of life on all others. What happened to freedom of religion? Separation of church and state? I have some Mormon friends I dearly love in AA, I respect their beliefs and we have fun doing things together and sharing meals and conversation in each other's homes, so it isn't like I have an out of touch view. That still will never allow me to join or trust that church. Maybe I'm acceptable due to being intersexed and those transsexuals are not? What a crock! We are all the same and connected to humanity equally to all others.

My point is, why are groups by-passed as OK in their struggles and their targeted enemies are the un-holy sinners corrupting the world? I hope the Supreme Court can see clearly to tell them exactly where to step off. Please forgive if I take this to the edge of a political and religious rant. I love my God, my God loves me and my family, even if we don't fit in their strict mold. Freedom and justice for all??? Jody

• Forum Moderator

I simply hope things move forward as they have in the recent past. We are fortunate to have seen as much acceptance as we do see. This may be the best time of all times for trans people. It certainly is the best in my lifetime. There have even been a few positive role models instead of clowns for others to laugh and denigrate.

Hugs,

Charlie