• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Surge (surgery)

Guest KageBoy171

Guest KageBoy171

I was curious about chest surgery.

I understand that there is a sort of breast surgery where they cut around the nipple so that there are not scars on your chest. I was curious about the other one. Like, where there are scars. I have no idea what the names of the surgeries are.

I was curious if the second surgery was only for people with large breasts, or if...say one had A's like myself. Would I be forced to get the first one? I just don't want to risk nipple sensation. That's a big deal to me, haha.

Also, does the fact that I don't really want downstairs surgery seem like I am not serious about wanting to physically be a man? I just don't like my options. I would prefer a real manbusiness down there rather than something not biologically male. Plus, I read somewhere that FtM surgeries are less likely to work out in the downstairs. Sorry for continuing to say 'downstairs'. : D

I think the chest is the most I would do. I hate my boobies, too big and they are only A's/small B's. I want a manchest. Haha.

How far have you guys gone/want to go?

Guest CharlieRose

Yeah, I've wanted my boobs gone since I was like twelve. I don't remember the names, but the first one is generally used for smaller guys because it's just generally considered preferable for things like scarring and such, I believe. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) But yeah, it does risk nipple sensation. Buuut, if you get the other kind, you'll have scars basically framing the bottom and sides of your pecs, really noticeable. I have a little chest, too, so I'll probably opt for the less scarifying one.

The first one -the one for small chests- is called a peri-areolar, or "key-hole" technique, and is a subcutaneous mastectomy because of the amount of mammary tissue removed. Its actually very much how they do a lot of reductions except reductions leave a lot of tissue. It is common for the nipple area to be cut free of the surrounding tissue but remain connected at what's called "the stalk" and then reconnected. Return of sensation I think is great. My mother actually had a surgery very much like this -even included reducing the size of the ...well you know lol...and reattaching them. Not a big deal.

The second one -the one used for large guys- is a double incision bilateral mastectomy, affectionately (around here) called "the D. I." Depending on who does it, it can have the nipple retained to the stalk just like the peri and just cut around it but most commonly they're removed, cut down and grafted back in a male position. Thats probably the one you're thinking of losing sensation on though a lot of people do not. Personally I've contemplated that it might be nice to not have it but thats me.

As for the "downstairs" (and you're fine using that word :) ) you probably are the most common feeling among FtMs - "its just not enough technologically, I'll wait". For peeps who want "nature" and yet don't wanna wait thats where the meta comes in. I think a large number of ftms though choose to do nothing and keep that "personal". For me, yeah, its either or, but I think I'm an exception.

And a picture beats a thousand words so I'll pm you a site where you can see tons of real surgery pics of both. You'll have to register. But its a surgery site and all the surgeries are broken down by the docs who did them. Its a good place to see scars and "reality", the photos often are taken shortly after the work.

I got one!???

Did you all hear the same as I and hear that over 80% of you elect not to have the fakee testeez installed?

Herez a second lil' bonus question: Do you not consider this a statement?

Your input, please?

i have large breast so the only option would be the second one

and about the downstairs business, like evan said some guys just feel it aint enough

for me i wouldnt want anything to fake down there

but i may consider it, early stages yet

Both the double incision and the peri risk nipple sensation. Some styles of double incision are sure to damage nipple sensation, but the ones that keep the nipple attached to the stalk usually maintain the sensation. As far as I know, peris always keep the nipple attached, so the risk is lower. Be aware that more than just your nipple can lose sensation. I had a peri, and I lost sensation in some of my skin but kept sensation in my nipples.

Many FTMs do not opt for bottom surgery, either because they cannot afford it or because they don't like the options. I don't know if "most" do not want surgery because those who do are often silenced. Even so, you're definitely not alone. You're not any less of a man than one who has had surgery or one who was born with a penis. Gender is independent of sex.

Personally, I've had top surgery and will have bottom surgery this year.

I got one!???

Did you all hear the same as I and hear that over 80% of you elect not to have the fakee testeez installed?

Your input, please?

I'm confused and don't know what the bonus question is.

BUT I can tell you that the scrotoplasty is TOP on my list of must have's following the top surgery. I feel like somebody getting a new car. I'm like, I have my huevos all picked out lol.

What the 80% are doin I couldn't tell ya and don't care.

Guest KageBoy171
I got one!???

Your input, please?

I meant to say I got called one, haha!

Guest B.heard

I thought I would chip in here since Ive just had my chest done a few months ago I had the double incision with 2 scars on my chest my chest was too big for any other method and to be honest Ive seen some odd scaring and the nipples look out of place with the peri method so I would have picked this anyway I had free nipple graphs to place them in a more male area on my chest and had them reduced in size to nice tiny ones as well, as for sensation they wont be the same but I can still feel alot from them even this early in healing so it doesnt seem to bad to me. If your curious about anything else that i can help with let me know :)

As for downstairs :lol: yeah Id go for it personally Ive accepted I wont even be genetically natural so Im sure as heck going to grab the best of whats on offer and try to be as close to the wire as possible Ive wasted to much time being half this and that Im not going to waste anymore even if that does come with risks, Ill take the risks because for me trying is better then doing nothing.

lol @ huevos isnt that cahones?

Guest KageBoy171

I honestly am not worried about scarring. I mean, they have that stuff to make them less noticeable. You know what I'm talking about? That commercial with the little girl that had the scar on her forehead, and then magically it was gone? Perhaps you can only use that on the face...haha!

All I know is that nipple sensation is important for me. And as for the downstairs, sex is also important to me, I mean, assuming I will ever be comfortable enough to do it with another person. So, I just don't want to mess anything up like that.

Also, I am too afraid to tell me parents so I think when I go off to college, I am just going to save money and get it done. Then, when they see me at Christmas with no chest I can be like "Oh, I had breast cancer. They chopped them off, but it's all good. I'm fine now." Not that I'm joking people with breast cancer, I know how serious that is.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I just had chest surgery back in December, and it was the best thing I've ever done. When I saw my chest for the first time after surgery, I was prouder than when I graduated from college or when I got my master's degree. It was the most AWESOME THING EVER.

That being said, I had the DI procedure because I was a DD before. It was no joke. It has taken me a good 2 months to get back to 100% operating capacity. Now that the dreaded man boobs are gone, I feel more comfortable with myself than I have since I was like 11 or 12. If you have any questions about the DI procedure, don't be shy about asking. I'm always happy to share what I know.

As for bottom surgery, I used to be in the "not until the surgery is better" camp. Now I am feeling more and more like I want bottom surgery. At first I thought chest surgery would be enough, but now I'm feeling like I'd like to get metoidioplasty. Having to rely on a prosthesis to do my bidding is less and less satisfying.

About the cajones/huevos (both are slang terms for testicles), I'm not sure about them. Yes, I'd very much like to have some of my own. However, I've heard that the implants can dislocate and that they don't hang right. Also, you need multiple surgeries to get them (I think). One of the main things I'd want out of bottom surgery would be the urethral hookup. It would be awesome to STP without a stupid STP device. Even if I did still have to use a STP device, at least it would be easier to use then. Me and the STP are havin' a rough time lately.

I'm confused and don't know what the bonus question is.

BUT I can tell you that the scrotoplasty is TOP on my list of must have's following the top surgery. I feel like somebody getting a new car. I'm like, I have my huevos all picked out lol.

What the 80% are doin I couldn't tell ya and don't care.

Naaawwwwwwt comfee, Kiddo!

But hey, please trust in that I hope it works (or feelz) well for you.

Best wishes, Evan. :D

Guest KageBoy171

I was thinking I would just get the one that leaves the big scars. I guess talking to a doctor would be the first thing to do, but that won't be for a pretty long time. If I did get that type, then I would just get like, some sweet, black, tribal tattoos on my chest or something. Then work out a lot so that I don't turn into those gross old men that are all fat with drooping tatoos, haha. I'm trying to find something around the house to bind my chest for whenever I am home alone so I can get used to all that. : ]

I did it for halloween last year and it was awesome!

Guest Evan_J
lol @ huevos isnt that cahones?

Actually, it can be both :P not uncommon to "play on words" with it, esp when peeps talk about eating "huevos" as in "huevos rancheros"- at least where I live.

Guest Zack L

I hope to have DI either in college or right after it...hopefully I can afford it. I'd also like all my girly things inside me...not inside me anymore. XD Ovaries? Do not want. Uterus? Do not want.

Right now I doubt I'll get either meto thinger or the...other one. If they can sew up that obnoxious extra hole between my legs I would sure as heck get that though! =D Dunno if they do that, but I hope so. =3

FYI, you have a better chance of keeping sensation with the peri-areolar than the DI.

As for the scars, that medicine really only works properly with smaller wounds. When you're talking about a huge scar all the way across the chest, it's a much bigger deal, and you will see the scars for years and years most of the time. Think about wanting to take your shirt off in the summer.

I have to get a DI, and am not happy. My chest is small enough for peri, but the skin is too saggy. So it's a no-go.

As for bottom surgery, I feel like I'm the only FTM on the planet who's perfectly fine with his vag, besides the obvious awkwardness that would pop up in sexual situations. The only real reason I can think of with wanting a natural male phallus is for the ease of peeing, but even then, I don't currently use an STP or pack or anything. I can honestly say that I like what I've got down there. O.o;;

I suppose it's whatever makes you comfortable, right? That's why we're going through all this crap in the first place.