• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I am new to the site I want to be be a girl do what they do i need advice

Guest football75ty

Guest football75ty

I am never as happy in my life as i am now wearing what is consider female clothing and doing my make up its just great. i need to be able to go out like this every day need any advice anyone could share with me. I have told some of my girl friends they all don't have a problem with it so that helps got support there but i will need to let my family know so that i can do it every day.

First of all welcome to Lauras, you are in the right place to be asking these questions! You will find caring and acceptance within the community here. I have two questions for you, first are you an adult (18 or over) and have you been to see a gender therapist or mental health professional with training in gender issues? I have to ask about the age because the nature of our advice will be different whether you are an adult or not.

• Admin

Hi and welcome to the Playground, you have come to the right spot to get help for what you think you need as far as your gender issues. My suggestion, since this is your first post, is to go over to the Introductions Forum and make a introduction there so all of our members can get to know you, and not just the ones here in CD land, because any of us could give you the help you are looking for. Cruise on through the other posts here and post in them if you either have a question related to it, or a piece of helpful advice. Please do take a couple of minutes to read the Terms & Conditions which you can access from the lowest right hand corner of any forum page. The moderator staff uses those rules when we approve ALL posts by anyone here for the comfort and safety of all the members. Only folks who are between 13 and 24 can put new topics in the Teens Forum, but anyone can answer those topics. Anyone can start topics in any other forum. Have fun here.

I would say that's your first step then, make an appointment with a gender therapist and start talking to them about these things. We can give you all sorts of good advice but we aren't professionals (I think there is at least one member who is but the vast majority are not trained for that sort of thing). In the meantime you can start coming out to friends and family... just be careful, if you are still dependent on your parents for housing or financial reasons you may want to start by just dropping hints or somehow broach the topic without making it about you and then judge their reactions (like "I have this friend in class that is becoming a girl, what do you think about that" or something like that).

Guest football75ty

i have told a few of my friends and one of my cuz me and her both think that one of my grandmas would be really understating and think she could help me deal with stuff with my parents and yea i still depend on them for stuff

Guest Sarah Faith

I would add to what Jodie has already said by saying something that can make coming out a bit easier if coming out to someone you feel would likely be more supportive can be a very helpful way to get started. When I finally came out to the majority of my family years ago, I came out to my grandma who felt would stand by me regardless even if she didn't really understand or agree. I was also very dependent on my family at the time so it was a huge risk for me, and fear of being kicked out onto the streets was something that I felt was a real possibility. Fortunately my grandma helped me come out to the rest of the family and it worked out for the best.

So I would find an ally within the family to come out to and then work from there. If you can.

• Forum Moderator

In addition to what the others have advised i found the help of a GT (gender therapist) to be wonderful in coming out to my family. Mine helped me with my gender issues and also helped me to understand reactions and methods of bringing things up to those closest to me. I guess it worked. Still married to the woman i love and who still loves me.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, hon. I think you've already received some outstanding advice from my friends. I know that it is enormously exciting to be going out these first few times, and the feeling of release and of being your true self can be intoxicating. We all want you to be safe as well as successful, so I'll offer a couple of other pieces of advice as you try out this new you.

First, work on your voice. The female voice is one of the most difficult things for most of us to master, and a bad voice will give you away in an instant, and can ruin an otherwise fun outing. So practice with your friends, and practice some more, until you have a reasonably good voice. it doesn't need to be perfect - I've been full time for years and mine isn't perfect.

Next, if you have dark hair and a noticeable beard shadow, make sure your makeup covers it very well. Finally, watch other women, either your friends or just go to the mall and hang out. Watch their mannerisms; how they stand, their hand and arm gestures, the way they speak to each other, the inflection in their voices. You'll notice many differences from men. Also how women walk is important.

As you can see, there is more to this than finding a cute outfit. I'm not trying to scare you or dissuade you. I just want you to be aware of what it takes to do this right, and be successful out in the world. I wish you luck, and have a great time.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

I would echo the wise counsel to seek out a professional to help you work through the inherent issues that are simply part of cross dressing. I would also urge you to take your time and thoughtfully consider each step you take. Cross dressing can be a heady experience. It often produces an emotional rush that can blind you to the harsh realities. You don't want to find yourself out a limb sawing away. Go slowly.

Guest football75ty

I get what everyone is saying it makes great since i think i am going kinda slow but i feel like i know what i want to do so it just so confusing

Guest Eve Caillard

Hi

It's really tough, I agree. But here you have the best of friends and help. I can vouch for that. accidentally discovered I was a cross-dresser just two years ago at the age of 53. You can imagine that was a major surprise and upset in my life that I discovered totally by chance. I had a terrible shock when I realised I was not the person I thought I was. Please be positive and strong with yourself. Laura's Playground is a fantastic support and I have become very settled through everyone's kind help here. I am a far more settled person than I used to be entirely due to the friendship and support I have received from the wonderful folks here.

All the best,

Eve

Guest football75ty

yea that's good there is lots of support her today i told my grandma and she was ok with it really understanding we then went and got some stuff from forever 21

Guest AshleighP

If you heed the advice you receive here and begin seeing a GT you will be much happier with your new life. Slow, steady progress will go much better than full steam ahead. It will also give you the opportunity to experience and enjoy the steps of your journey without them passing in a blur. Visit this site often and read what others are doing and thinking. . That will help you gain confidence. Best of luck to you. Stay in touch here. We all gain strength from sharing and reading about others' travels.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stacie Cheyenne

Hi Football75ty, Sound's like all is on the Right Track, Good Luck, I read everyone's advice, I am new here this week, The wonderful & helpful Member's are AWESOME & Beautiful, Be Patient And All Should work out FINE, Your Friend Stacie Cheyenne:

Guest Stacie Cheyenne

It would be an absolute & Very exciting Experience, To get advice Regarding how to be a Pretty, Cute & Adorable Girly Girl, The more Positive Advice & Feminine Reinforcement the better:

Guest Wanda Michelle

Hi Stacie. I am new to the site also. I spent quite some time looking at all the tremendous and helpful advice. It is AWESOME. It should truly help you I have been cross dressing for as long as I can remember and love being a woman. It was amazing to see that there are others out there that have or are going through all the same things that I have. It certainly helps me to feel better about my feminine self when I see that there are others like me! I think this site is wonderful and I already feel better about finally admitting to all of you that I enjoy dressing as a woman. I'm sure this site will help us both.

Good Luck,

Wanda

• 1 month later...

Finally, watch other women, either your friends or just go to the mall and hang out. Watch their mannerisms; how they stand, their hand and arm gestures, the way they speak to each other, the inflection in their voices. You'll notice many differences from men. Also how women walk is important.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

The interesting thing about this is, if you do this in "man mode", people will likely think you are just "girl watching"...which you ARE, just not in the way THEY think! :P

Guest Eve Caillard

That makes me smile, Mara!

In man mode I'm watching the girls, but I'm thinking - wow! Fantastic skirt, what make is it? Are those "Finish the Look" boots? And: I must look out that top in the shops.

I just love clothes and I surprise my wife with my knowledge of which make is which and what fashions are what. What a strange life. but fun!

Eve