• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi Everybody!

Guest Eye of the BlueWinged Teal

Hiya! :D This is actually my first time posting on an internet forum so please be nice to the newbie :unsure: I met one of this site's moderators (sorry, I forget your user name :blush: ) at my support group meeting (I have only been twice) and she convinced me to stop by and actually participate! I have social anxiaty disorder, which makes it hard for me to be doing this, but I am going to try my best to stick around. I have this idea stuck in my head that makes me think that I have nothing to contribute to a conversation and anything I could possible have to say could be said better by someone else.

I guess I should say a little about myself at this point ... I am a 21 year old male to female transsexual and have had almost zero contact with the community - which is part of the reason I am here. I felt that I was really a girl since I was about 7 years old but didn't do anything about it until I was 17 :banghead: . To make a long story short, my mom eventually caught me taking hormones without a perscription and one thing led to another until I was under a lot of doctors' care and out to the rest of my mom's side of the family. Luckily my entire family is very supportive of me :D I am done with the physical transition and my only remaining problems are my social anxiety disorder and self-imposed isolation. I hope that I can help others by sharing my experience, knowledge, etc. and in turn be helped by your support and tolarence of my shyness issues. :unsure:

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Teal.......

It's so very nice to have you here with us!

I'm sure that if you met one of our moderators it was a very sweet person! I'll just bet!

So, I'd like to welcome you with a steaming hot cup of coco and some of Sally's cookies!

We'll sit by the fire and get all warm and talk...OK? Some of the other sweet folks will be here in a little bit to say "Hi', too...We want you to feel safe and comfy with us.

Please don't be afraid to look around..look at stuff and get to know every one.....OK?.......

Good...............

It's nice to have you here!

XXOO

Donna Jaen

Guest Jackson
I have this idea stuck in my head that makes me think that I have nothing to contribute to a conversation and anything I could possible have to say could be said better by someone else.

Welcome.

I actually am quite the quiet person too usually in social situations. Every so often I get just that same way. So you're not alone. Just relax and join in the conversation. Usually I find that even if someone else could say the same thing, it's just not the same as if I would have said it. So remember that too.

Guest Kelly Ann

A teal is a teeny little birdie isn't it? A very pretty little one with a pretty song no less. YOU MET a :rolleyes: moderator?? LOL there a corporeal portion to this? How did I miss out? Nonetheless...Welcome to The Forums you really don't have to worry about being shy here...just act naturally and...you are THE winner! There is nobody that will bullyrag you in any manner...but quite a few abound that will encourage you and do their level best to help where they can. SOOoooo welcome to a little home away from home where you can 'just be yourself' without any sort of fear. You have another new friend...me :blink: Hi ya Tealie Birdie, Kelly Ann

Hey, Hello and welcome, I see that Donna Jean has already gotten you taken care of.

I hope you like it here, we are a friendly group.

I noticed your state flag so if you are around the N.O. area you probably met Lizzy, I mean Elizabeth, she is in that area and has started going to a group as she is getting along in years, I mean in her transitioning!

Lizzy and I kid each other a lot, there isn't enough difference in our ages to notice but we just like to have fun around here.

As you get more comfortable feel free to ask questions and offer your opinions, no one here will judge you.

It is a nice safe place, the first site that I ever posted on too.

I'll let some others come by and say Hi, Lizzy probably won't be by until tomorrow morning, yesterday being Mardi Gras and all.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Oh my - dearheart, you came - oh I am so thrilled. I wasn't on last night - I missed your first posting. Oh i just am so happy you decided to see us here. Sweetheart, I won't use your name until you use it first, but wow - I am so happy - and I keep saying that - I get so lonely and now you are here.

So let me slip into my mentor personality for a second - ahem

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

You will like it here my Teal bird. You are at home - we are not judgemental and this site is tightly monitored to keep the bad guys away. Don't forget to check out the chat room - even if you just watch a while. It goes at 100 mph and sometimes three or more topics are going on at the same time - but it is fun. And everyone there is just like we are. If you need a question answered or if you are feelig blue, just say you need some help and a hundred people will come to your side - it is so amazing.

And the forums are open for you - you can go and read - find something that seems fun, and join in. So many here have that socialization thing. We know its HARD being transgendered! We understand and are as gentle as a kitten with new people, as you can see from the people that welcomed you.

So WELCOME - a great group has come to meet you already.

Teal bird - see what I do? They got me to be a moderator I think because I love to welcome new people, especially the young. You are an old hand here - you don't know that yet - some are age 15 and so and still at home - no support from their parents and extremely distressed. You are in that college group - we try hard not to out each other so I will be quiet about you, but the college group is a great place to talk - you will fit right in - and as you are there already, so many will want to know what its like.

And like our support group - so MANY FTM! I am amazed at this - never knew - and they are the BEST! Its a scream to compare notes with someone going the other way. So hey, join in as you feel comfortable... but sweet - you GOTTA post a minimum of 5 or more times so we can get you your Private Message privileges - and then you and I can talk at leasure - I just love your mom and the way she protects you - I wanna talk with her too.

So WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME - I am so happy! And you know I go to those meetings partially because you and your mom are there - it scares me so much to sit there - I don't always show that.

Lizzy

Guest Naomi Stardust

welcome!

you're not the only shy one here

but the thing is, typing is a lot easier than talking

so be sure to post a lot

love your screen name

Naomi

Well the first step is the hardest step don't you worry anymore. Stolen shamelessly from Gerry Garcia.

So glad you have made it here and got through all the travails of the journey. At least the early part. Don't worry about the forum we don't have prying eyes and we welcome all.

Besides you are a legacy and we wouldn't dare hurt your feelings. We would be sent to Gitmo and never heard from again. :D

So please keep us informed about your feelings and your goings on.and once again welcome and enjoy. Mia.

Guest Elizabeth K

I just could not resist this, I looked up the Blue-Winged Teal:

Sarcelle à ailes bleues (French)

Cerceta ala azul (Spanish)

A small duck of shallow ponds, the Blue-winged Teal breeds across much of the central and northern United States and Canada. Rather dull in plumage overall, it reveals its powder-blue wing patch in flight. [

Fast and wary, Blue-winged Teal fly in small groups or flocks, turning in unison and flashing the blue area of the wing. They arrive latest of all ducks at their breeding grounds and leave early in the fall. On low, marshy prairies in the central part of the continent, where this duck is most numerous, virtually every pond and pothole has a breeding pair. The male commonly "stands guard" on the pond while the female is incubating. Unlike other dabbling ducks that form pairs in the fall, this teal begins courting in the spring and often does not acquire the familiar breeding plumage until December or January. Like most ducks, it goes through an eclipse plumage and molts most of its feathers simultaneously, including the primaries, and so is flightless until new feathers grow in.

The female Blue-winged Teal is also a mottled brown. The body is darker than the head although the crown and neck are darker. Its eye has a pale ring and there is a dark stripe that extends from the bill through the eye to the back of the head.

It seems some are permanent residents in the deep marshy parts of Southern Louisiana - which indicates those birds do not migrate.

So there it is. What does it mean?

Fun - Lizzy

I would like to thank everyone for the warm reception, its nice to feel welcome. :) I do feel less stressed each time I post. I even get coco and cookies - yum! I'm happy to talk to you again Elizabeth, and am looking forward to the next meeting. I do often feel lonely and would love to make some friends.

As for my screen name - Eye of the BlueWinged Teal, it is a pretty ordinary, unremarkable-looking duck ... until it spreads its wings and flies. Then you can see what makes it special! I feel like that sentiment represents me and my continueing journey through life.

Guest Christy.dancer

Well hey!

First, I'm VERY envious of you living in New Orleans! Maybe I've got this skewed vision of what New Orleans is all about, but the jazz music, and the Mardi Gras, and what-have-you.... it sounds like an American version of Rio or Paris. Maybe I'm just overly romanticizing it.....

Anyway, welcome to Laura's! Sorry about all the drama you faced when you were first trying to transition. I wish we had been there for you then. Sounds like you're VERY fortunate to have a Mom and family who are on your side in all of this.

Hugs! Keep us posted on your journey!

I would like to thank everyone for the warm reception, its nice to feel welcome. :) I do feel less stressed each time I post. I even get coco and cookies - yum! I'm happy to talk to you again Elizabeth, and am looking forward to the next meeting. I do often feel lonely and would love to make some friends.

As for my screen name - Eye of the BlueWinged Teal, it is a pretty ordinary, unremarkable-looking duck ... until it spreads its wings and flies. Then you can see what makes it special! I feel like that sentiment represents me and my continueing journey through life.

Well you are very welcome here and anytime you want some more cookies and coco, just let us know.

You will notice that under your avatar it lists your status, I'm a forum Moderator, like Lizzy or maybe not like Lizzy - yes very much like Lizzy, and under that there is a posts counter, it is updated as soon as you hit send.

I joined in mid August of 2008 and was so shy - please ignore that outburst of laughter from all over the forums - as I was saying it took until the first week in September to have the neccessary 5 posts to use the PM system.

Well I got comfortable here and lost that shyness, I became a Forum Moderator and apparently a bit more outgoing than most!

We want to hear from you, so don't be shy.

Love ya,

Sally

Welcome Teal!

This is a good place to overcome your shyness. It has really helped me as it is a way to talk to someone openly and know that I won't be criticized.

{Hugs}

Ashlee

Hello there, Teal. Me and you are much the same - I'm just a little younger and female to male. I'm better around other people now, though. I never got a chance to really talk with a therapist about my problems but I think I'm less scared and more anti-social. I mostly spend my time in my room. It's very comfortable here. I'm not anti-social here at Laura's playground at all though, everyone is silly and kind here. It's almost like a little slice of heaven. I've met some of the nicest people I've ever seen on this forum(like Sally!). I'm sure you'll find the same kindness and support.

And at some point, I'd love to become friends. :P

Guest Elizabeth K

Silly! SILLY! SILLY?

Okay - silly.

Sally didn't say - she just became the first person at Laura's to post 2000 messages, replies, welcomes, topics, opinions. preachings, lectures and even some very excellant and well written advice.

We are so proud of her as she was very very very quiet at first, or so I hear - actually because she told me that. Hummm Hey she said she was shy? What happened?

Teal bird, we have quiet people who do very well here.

Liz

Guest Amanda L Richards

Well hello Eye of the blue winged Teal.

I can guarantee that you will make friends. In fact you already have. As for your shyness thing, don't worry. We have all been there and done that. But the warmth, support and love that comes from these people is the medicine that helps you heal any issue that you have.

There is nothing in your life that could possibly disqualify you from being accepted here. In my experience there really isn't anything that is so terrible that someone hasn't had the same experience. I have found this out through my own experience.

I originally thought that I would not be able to offer anything in that way as well. But as time went on and the support kept coming and most of all the encouragement, I started to feel somthing unusual. I WAS OPENING UP!

How can you not?, All you have to do is just sit back and do your best. That's all anyone here expects of you.

I have never seen any hurtful criticism of anybody since I came here in November 08. May not be a long time, but it has been consistent.

So whenever you are ready, just get involved and ask questions, I am sure you have lots. Make comments, becuase I am sure that unless you were dropped out of the sky from nowhere yesterday, then I am sure you have some interesting experiences that are going to be helpful to someone here.

Believe me, you are more worth to everyone here than you give yourself credit for. Just give yourself a chance.

Hope to here more from you, OK?

Luv

Amanda LR