• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Gift Of Three Years

JJ

• Forum Moderator

Yesterday marked the third anniversary of my first injection. When the journey became a reality and a commitment for me and for those who loved me. It was a day after I got the T because I thought it over for almost 24 hours. I had no doubts about who I am or about what I wanted- but this was a leap into the unknown and I had no way of foreseeing where it would take me personally. I could find no record anywhere of anyone else accomplishing what I was setting out to do-transition as an FTM and lose 200 lbs over 60 years old. In fact still haven't. For me there was no road map or information to guide me. I suppose my greatest fear was ending up neither here nor there. Failing in my quest and putting us all through this for no gain

I did not have great expectations. For me any change was better than where I was. A couple of months before, when I decided to transition, I had started losing weight and was down around 40 lbs but still bedridden and reaching for something I suspected was well beyond my grasp. I may never know how I had the faith and courage to try again at life after failing for so long but this time at least I knew why and that was perhaps the difference. And for me it would be enough if I could be called "Sir" or seen as the man I am just once IRL before I died. To be able to walk at least the length of my house alone and cook a microwave dinner.

There were challenges and times it was difficult. This isn't about that really but it wouldn't be fair to say "Wow look what happened" without saying it was sometimes difficult. That I had after a lifetime of fighting finally broken and it was with the grace of God I found the strength and courage to do this. I mean that literally. And with the help and encouragement I found here. A triumvirate that made it all possible. God, Laura's and myself.

I posted a similar pic in another forum showing what change has been. The red haired pic was about 5 years old. My drivers license and a temporary hair change to a color that also runs in my family -the blond pic is 6 years old and tightly laced into a corset in that pic as well-I gained a lot of additional weight after both when I became more bedridden. The middle pic in the first set was when I had my first injection 3 years ago and as male as I could get at the time. The last pic in each case was taken yesterday in the woods because it was the anniversary.

anniversary3a_zps5b43ec2b.jpg

anniversary3_zpscb5c7c35.jpg

My purpose here is to celebrate the gift of these last 3 years - I never in my highest hopes and expectations even thought I would still be alive in 3 years much less out in the woods I love reveling in climbing the hills and exploring the rough terrain- but more importantly to say if I can do this then anyone can remake their lives and live their dream.

And to say thank you -to my Creator, to Laura's-and yes to myself. While I am proud of what I accomplished I am far more humble and amazed by it instead.

Life CAN still be good. Go for it-dream big and just keep trying. You never know just how far you can go.

With loving gratitude

Johnny

Guest Aylen

You've given me such hope.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and

Touching my heart. You've kept the

Inspiration alive in me!

Thank you Johnny!

Aylen :)

• Forum Moderator

Johnny you are always an inspiration. The wisdom you have shared with all of us has come from struggles and the gifts we are given here and through the struggles you have found a power to help with. I think all of this growth is beyond our ability without help from others and a higher power. You have opened to that and are willing to share the wisdom gained. Thank you for being yourself, vulnerable, and if you would forgive me for the female connotation, beautiful. Sorry but while you are handsome the light within is best described by the word beauty.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Johnny, You, my brother, are truly an inspiration to anyone who needs to transition. Those 5 pics document the great changes that you and your body have gone through. If someone didn't know you they woud swear that those were pics of 5 different people, but we know better.

I wish that you would do a bit for utube on this. Plus, you really need to find the time to write a book. You have so much to offer and a good, inspiring FTM book is hard to come by.

I am honored to call you my brother.

Mike

• Admin

Congratulations on three years of success and change, Johnny. Your words, deeds and pictures do inspire and give hope to those who think it can't ever happen to them. It can, and it does.

Not everyone wants or needs to transition socially. It isn't always necessary to be happy. But for those with the need and desire to do so, successes like yours need to be pointed out. No one should have to wait as long as you or I did to follow our dreams, these days especially. But even if you are a latecomer, dreams can be realized.

Thanks for who you are, and for what you do and say. They are important. So are you, my friend.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest thevaliantx

Johnny, since I am MtF (sometimes mybmind tells me that it means Messed Up to Up), your journey to being the dude that you are never seemed to apply to me. So, I never finished reading anything of your's that I started; yet what little I did read I could tell that that you know your stuff. Are you a therapist by trade? If not, you should be. Do you have kids? You would make one hell of a dad. I would trade my father for you in a moment's notice.

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Starred word to get past word filter deleted, per the T & Cs
Guest LizMarie

A friend posted the following on Facebook today.

"Stan Lee is 90 years old.

Which means

He created Spiderman

When he was 40.

Which means you

Haven't even started

To live your life."

It made me smile and gave me pause for thought.

Congratulations, Johnny! You've been an inspiration to me absolutely and for that, I thank you profusely. :)

Guest Jtlloyd64

Congratulations Johnny !!

You Truely have given this ole man some hope , the hope that I too can be there someday !!

You are an inspiration !!

Jamie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • Lydia_R
    • April Marie
    • Mmindy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BUGFIEND
    Newest Member
    BUGFIEND

1. Bobbijean
      Bobbijean
    2. Bryan
      Bryan
      (61 years old)
    3. jlw5ju
      jlw5ju
      (27 years old)
    4. ladykirabellum
      ladykirabellum
      (47 years old)
    5. Lizzie17
      Lizzie17
    • Mirrabooka
      @awkward-yet-sweet I hope you get to go on the trip! I'm assuming from what you wrote that your husband is a trucker. I know what it's like to have diesel in your veins, to sit in a cab for hours on end enjoying the scenery and listening to the music of a big engine, it's pretty awesome and there's nothing quite like it.   @Birdie When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! I hope your state laws catch up with reality one day, but I won't hold my breath waiting.   Well, we might have a bit of an awkward situation happening here soon. It's our 40th anniversary this July and last week we finally decided to do something to celebrate it by going on an interstate getaway to a city which we love, Hobart. Flights are booked and paid for, accommodation in a nice hotel booked, a day cruise while we are there booked and paid for, etc. Meanwhile, our son and DIL dropped in yesterday with our 2mo granddaughter. We told them that we finally got off our behinds and booked a trip and everyone was happy. Then, they told us about our granddaughters' baptism which was organized for June 9th. No worries, we'll be there!    Fast forward a few hours and DIL contacted us to say that June 9th was off because one of the God parents isn't available, and the *only* alternative is for the weekend that we are away! Grrrr! So why couldn't they choose a later date? Because baby might grow out of her outfit by then! I know what will probably happen, there will be a heated discussion and to keep the peace we will once again cave in to the demands of others who never stop wanting a piece of us and we will end up canceling our trip.   First world problem I know, but we're getting pretty frustrated since my retirement last year that we can't seem to do anything for ourselves for more than a day or two at a time.
    • April Marie
      Oh, gorgeous!! Thank you for the link!!!
    • KatieSC
      April, Those are beautiful. You may want to check out the offerings from this company, Trisha Waldron Designs. I discovered her jewelry a few years ago when I was at the Rapid City Regional Airport in Rapid City, SD. They have a gift shop there that had her jewelry. See link: https://trishawaldrondesigns.com/home/
    • Mmindy
      I love that @April Marie smiles. 
    • April Marie
      Discovering a woman in the mirror.
    • KatieSC
      Heavens to Murgatroyd! What if Governor Abbott has installed genitalia scanners on the commodes? I suppose they could collect, catalog, and then with the genitalia scanner, activate the Klaxon, the red lights, and then initiate the barriers to contain you until the police arrive. Weird times, and weirder politicians, call for extreme measures. All of this caused by you wanting a gladder bladder. Woe is the world...   On a more real world note, be careful Birdie. Someone may snitch you out just to see what happens. 
    • Mmindy
      Eye sparkle isn’t from glass ball?
    • April Marie
      Congratulations on the ear piercing @MirandaB!! You'll get over the concerns about sleeping on them or how they're healing quickly. I found myself scouring Amazon and eBay for different types of earrings so I had them on hand when I was healed. My favorite earrings are a pair of flame painted brass feathers and I have a pair of leaves I love, too. So many possibilities once you're healed!!!     @Mmindy- I totally understand the puppy routine. We've has our girl for a week now and I'm amazed at how quickly she's learning. She is totally acclimated to her crate now. She also sleeps 6 or 7 hours each night. Yesterday, she started going to the door and sitting when she needed to go out to the bathroom. Still, it's play for an hour or so and then crash. It's as if you can see her growing as you look at her.   I have been absent a lot here - so much going on with my wife's mother now in hospice, my aunt that I've been helping for over a year now moved locally into skilled nursing and the new puppy not to mention the normal things around our house. I get way behind in cutting the grass and am just finally getting the pool ready. Ugh.    Can someone please figure out how to add more time to the day?   I miss the interaction here. But, I'll get things settled soon and be back to my normal....as if I'm at all normal.    Have an awesome day, everyone!!!    
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    Parker started to make noises in his crate with a chew toy at 04:50. I was able to catnap until 06:00 when I had to get out of bed. In my pjs I took Parker outside for a run around the backyard. Gave him his first bowl of puppy kibble and water, then started brewing my coffee. He finished off his kibble and played tag with Sheldon (male cat) in and around the dining room table and chairs. I’m on my second cup of coffee and they are both asleep.    @Birdie you are such an inspiration, be safe and go with confidence into the bathroom of your choice. Most people understand you just need to…   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KatieSC
      Now for another push downward from a certain political group in Congress. There is an effort by Congressional Rs to cut funding to any nonprofit group supporting LGBTQ individuals. As reported on the NBC News website (https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/house-republicans-lgbtq-nonprofits-rcna152753), the house appropriations committee is attempting to block Economic Development Initiative funding to any group helping us. Don't you just feel the love. Apparently that loving former vice president we had during Trump's presidency, does not believe that public funding should not be providing funding for at-risk transgender minors. One must wonder how much more hateful some of these individuals will become.
    • Ladypcnj
      There are some housing assistance links on the internet, but I would recommend contacting an Lgbtq+ community support group in your area, they would know places that are safer for her.
    • April Marie
      Seeing a sparkle in my eyes.
    • Ladypcnj
      Yes, I have however, her situation wasn't about housing, but rather getting out of a bad relationship. I took her in until it was safe for her to leave, and now she's happy spending time with her daughter. 
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Want to help disowned MTF, unsure.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.