• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are things a Niece can do with her Aunt?

Guest Ashlyn M

Guest Ashlyn M

I'm 15 years old (MtF) and I've just come out to my Aunt who was very supportive and I asked her if we could have a girl's day together. She said yes but she asked what I had in mind and I told her I wasn't sure. What do you do on a girl's day? I can't really do much of the stuff I see on TV and movies and stuff because I still look and sound like a boy. I thought about asking her if she'd take me to get my ears pierced (I'd pay of course) but then I thought that that would be too weird or rude or something. I have literally no ideas. I'm new at this, any suggestions? Thank you a lot in advance.

Hi Pinkie,

Of course, shopping was the first thing that came to mind... I have a sister who is 14 years older than me, and she likes to find unusual places to go - and this time of year it would be places like flower gardens or a back road where spring is in full glory. I'll see her tomorrow and don't know what she has in store for us this time.

So, if your aunt has interests in going to certain places, why don't you suggest you go together?

Love, Megan

Guest April Kristie

One suggestion would be for manicures, look for specials or on line coupons that would help keep the cost reasonable. A lunch where you could talk about yourselves, the future and so on might be nice. Good luck with your day out with your aunt Pinkie!

• Forum Moderator

Gosh good suggestions so far. Ear piercing isn't so bad. The first time my wife and i were out in public was to get my ears pierced. I would have gotten tiny studs but she got me nice big shiny ones.

Lunch is always good as well.

Perhaps just having a chance to sit with her as you have a meal would open up other possibilities and lend more support.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Aka_Kitsune

I'm doing a similar thing with my cousin this summer. She's letting me wear one of her dresses to the mall, and we're gonna have a girls day. She said she'll take me to get my nails done, my hair done, and will take me to Goodwill or somewhere to completely redo my wardrobe (replacing most of the guys' clothes for girls').

Yeah, I don't fully know what all we can do, having been raised male. So I'm kinda relying on my cousin to do everything.

Guest Bug90

You could try a at home spa day, face mask's, manicures, learn to style your hair, ext. Me and the GF had just had a day like that it was quite fun.