• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Creeping Jeans

JJ

• Forum Moderator

Admittedly I couldn't wear jeans for the last few years before transition (5X jeans are not only hard to find but just don't fit a body that size right) but before that they were pretty much what I lived in away from work and full time in the summer..And I preferred men's jeans.

But I never wore them as low as I seem to now. I realized the other day that as I live male they have been slowly creeping south. Same jeans I've worn for the last couple of years-and they are NOT grandpa jeans either -but they just feel right further south. Creeping slowly south as time passed . Unconscious socialization? Dunno. Could be, but whatever it is it's comfortable so it's fine with me

At last the plumbers crack makes sense to me. For awhile I was glad I could bend over and pick up something in public without thinking about it because no one would be staring at my backside. Now I have to worry about what my backside is showing.

Ah the joys of living male.

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

Great Johnny. My jeans used to doubly head south with the added pressure of a nail belt for much of my life. I was working on the farm and a kid was wearing his and thought i was silly not to wear one. I had grown to hate the feeling. of pulling up my pants.

Enjoy those low riders.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Johnny,

Funny how that happens.

Do you think it's socialization? Could well be the case. Interesting!

In my case, I am basically built more like a man than a woman. Woman's clothes have never fit me well. Even as a child, I needed the extra length in sleeves, etc. Not many "tall" line of clothing for females when I was growing up. Many more lines of tall clothing have become available in the past 20 years.

I also have a backside which is more characteristic of a male. So I have to be careful about jeans slipping. I do not like them slipping down or bagging the way they tend to do with me, even with mens cut jeans. I need to look at some other cuts of jeans. Pronto.

A male friend of mine had suddenly started chuckling when we were spending time together. I had no idea why he was laughing and asked him what was so funny? His first wife had passed on when their children were all under 6 years of age. and he had raised three children by himself. His children are all in their 30's now. He was reminiscing of a time when he had bent over to work on something that needed repair. His very young children were nearby. They all had started laughing hysterically. He wasn't in on the joke. He'd inquired, several times, of his children as to the subject of their amusement. His very young son finally spoke up and said, "Dad, you got fuzz on your butt!" :lol: It seems they had not yet witnessed this before that moment. He still gets such a chuckle out of that memory!

Cheers, Man! :D

Brad

Guest LesleyAnne

I haven't got to wear them out (which is a downer for me) but my wife's Gloria Vanderbilt size 6 jeans fit me (which hardly pleases her, so she's now on a big push to get back into a size 4). So for those of us that are MtF you might give the GV's a try. I find they even give me a shape from behind instead of mens jeans accentuating my flat, and baggy behind. This is new for my wife since she just found out after me being in hiding for 42 years. But... (no pun intended) the GV's seem to fit and form an ugly ole man's behind into a not too bad looking woman's bottom (No offense Brad, and Johnny, I just mean I don't like the flat saggy on me, what woman would!). :blush:

LesleyAnne

• Forum Moderator

One of the things that really turn me off is jeans that look like they are trying to fall down and especially with those who show off half their rear. I really have tried to keep away from that all my life, generally wearing very close fitting clothes. There are quite a few male characeristics like this which seriously make me hate to be associated with this by gender (the other view of wishing to be female - hating to be male).

Things are much better these days with stretch jeans and an overlapping top!

Tracy

Guest Gregg Jameson

I haven't got to wear them out (which is a downer for me) but my wife's Gloria Vanderbilt size 6 jeans fit me (which hardly pleases her, so she's now on a big push to get back into a size 4). So for those of us that are MtF you might give the GV's a try. I find they even give me a shape from behind instead of mens jeans accentuating my flat, and baggy behind. This is new for my wife since she just found out after me being in hiding for 42 years. But... (no pun intended) the GV's seem to fit and form an ugly ole man's behind into a not too bad looking woman's bottom (No offense Brad, and Johnny, I just mean I don't like the flat saggy on me, what woman would!). :blush:

LesleyAnne

No offense taken, LesleyAnne! :D

I greatly appreciate women wearing form-fitting jeans.

Brad

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Crack is whack. :P

I had the opposite problem, obviously. I was so used to wearing my jeans low that when it came time to start buying women's jeans, I got a bit upset that I had to go up a few sizes because they sat higher on the body. I have this belly in the way so I had to buy larger size jeans to accommodate this new-to-me waistline, which means I wasn't the slimmer size I thought I was but I was really a chubby large marge. :(

• Forum Moderator

When I was young [ back in the 60s] I wore the orginal low rider jeans. Just about anyone who was skinny wore them. Maybe I should go find a pair of low riders and see how they fit this old country boy's behind now...LOL

But, when I see boys wearing their jeans below rhe crack, it does disgust me. Actually saw a boy's pants fall down to his knees one day. It was funny as he didn't plan on it happening.

• Forum Moderator

Sometimes it still feels kinda funny -but somehow good-to have a saggy butt in my jeans. They were always too tight in that area and loose in the waist back when I wore them a lot but T changed that. My favorite jeans lifelong have been 501s but they just never fit right till now. Just something right and solid about a pair of old 501s

My pants aren't as far south as that thug look. Just further than I started. And I'm pretty sure have reached their limit as far as I'm concerned with no danger of an abrupt unplanned departure. Worrying about what your jeans are doing isn't comfortable and I want my jeans to be comfortable. I like to think about what I am wearing before I put it in and then forget about it the rest of the day.

I remember the low riders well but they fit differently. Have a couple of pairs of mens low cut skinny jeans that fit a lot like those did then.

And like Mike the form fitting jeans for the ladies are fine with me

Johnny