• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

15 months HRT (Before & After)

Guest BeccaC

Guest BeccaC

I was going to add this to an old thread I had started a long time ago, and couldn't find it....So hello new thread lol..

I know so many people that struggle in their transition, either from the person they had been or worrying about the person they are becoming.. Part of me being to fully accept my transition was the fact that I finally accepted the guy that I was.. Nothing will ever change the fact that I fathered three daughters, was the husband to their mother.. The guy that I was, helped me to become who I am right now and I don't hate that guy anymore.. I know too many people try to completely wipe that memory of their past, and I simply believe that trying to forget the past undermines our future.. For the past year or so I have been very willing to show my old pictures to friends and people I talk to that seriously want to know more about the whole trans thing.. I honestly think that has done wonders for my own self acceptance. So I thought I would share a before I crashed from my GID and a current picture for a couple of reasons.. One so people can see the progress, and maybe it might help someone new have some hope... I know I'm not a knockout, but I think I look and feel much better than I did.. Hope y'all enjoy lol, don't laugh too hard at the bald guy :)

79F7B9A0-97D5-4AAE-8F4A-4BE329B0693E_zps

And now me at 15 months HRT after church.

BBB9EDA0-7CE7-4BCD-96FE-6E4D21E17F48_zps

Rebecca

• Admin

You look lovely, Rebecca. Hard work pays dividends. :thumbsup: Nice of you to post a pic of your brother. ;)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest April Kristie

Becca, simply inspirational. You look lovely and are quite the knockout! Don't sell yourself short, way to integrate yourself!

Thanx for the update Rebecca. :friends:

Where did you find my picture?<giggle>Of him of course.

Thank you for your wonderful encouragement.

You've come a long way Girl and you look wonderful.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

• Forum Moderator

It is so nice to see your progress Becca! Maybe someday i'll get the chance to play snowbird and visit you and Michelle in that lovely place called Florida. Having spent a summer there and one in Mississippi i'm not sure this northern girl wants to go south again in the summer.

You look great!

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Jennifer T

Wow! That's quite a change. And you look very lovely.

I don't think I'd ever deny the person the "T" is. A lot of hard work and discipline created him. I wouldn't hide old photos in my house. He is the person I've been for a long time and S you stated, has raised two amazing children and wedded the most beautiful woman on the planet.

But if I could make your mind of progress, my heart would rest.

Thank you for sharing this.

Peace.

• Forum Moderator

E is magic, congrats Becca ! And yeah good bye goat (I had one of those once, snicker).....

Hugs

Cyndi -

Guest ashleynikole

Wow!! Just Wow!!! Speechless!!!

<few minutes of pause>

Okay, now that I've got my thoughts back, I am so excited for you. You look AMAZING!!!! You look so happy. I hope to one day be as happy as you (even though you're 30x further than me). This is impressive. Yeah, I'm gonna shut up now before this post becomes 4 paragraphs of the same 4 sentences...hahaha.

Wow!

Guest TGTrish

Rebecca, seeing your before/after pics gives me me a whole lot more hope. Wow.... oh wow. One question, what did you do to get your hair that way? I have the receding hairline problem also.

Trish

Guest BeccaC

Thank you for all the compliments, it means a lot.. It really does. I just hope that sharing my journey might help someone...anyone... So they can realize that the world isn't about to end... That you can do this.. While yes it is hard, it's very scary.. It's probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but it is so so worth it. If my post showing the balding goatee sporting goof that I was can help one person than I think it is worth it.. It might be an odd way to look at it, but the guy I was, was still me... Just me in that shell, the shell that protected me for this long... It had been that male shell that delivered me to this point in my life.. A point that I am finally content with myself, even if some areas of my life look like they were hit with an atom bomb... I'm here today, and happy, only because "he" brought me this far.

I have taken the role recently of being an educator, or trying to at least. I feel the need to try to help people understand that we are just normal people, only that we were dealt a really messed up hand of cards, and we are just doing the absolute best we can to play with them.. So if someone asks me a question I usually try to do my best to answer... I feel that if someone wants to be a rude jerk they will just say something nasty... If someone asks a question, even sometimes inappropriate, its because they genuinely want to know.. Part of my approach has been to pop out the old bearded me photo when talking about who I was..

Trish while the E, blockers, and propecia has helped restore some, maybe 25%, of what the T poisoning took away I wear some clip in bangs... The rest of my hair finally grew out long enough I finally escaped the full wigs. A Florida summer in a full wig is less than desirable... I had a friend that actually runs a boutique that caters to drag entertainers and the trans community color match and order me a set. I will have to load up another picture when its not tied up in a pony tail so you can see the full effect lol.

Charlize, if you do ever make it down we would love to see you.. I really enjoyed talking with you that day on Skype :)

Again thank you all for the kind words, I really do appreciate it :)

Much Love

Rebecca

Guest ArchStanton

Becca, I love your attitude! And what you say is very positive and inspiring. Similarly, I feel that my male self protected me and carried me to this place and time where I feel safe and supported. Through all of the ups and downs I try to remember to express gratitude for this amazing opportunity to be authentic.

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Becca,

Thanks so much for sharing!

Very inspirational to so many!

Thanks, too, for seeing the value in "educating."

Warmly,

Brad