• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A new dress

Guest Eve Caillard

Guest Eve Caillard

I bought (yet another) dress off E-Bay a few days ago and it arrived safely last Friday. Its a beige body-shaping dress with a black lacy band around the waist, and another around the collar. Sold as new, unworn.

I pulled it on, zipped up the back and took one look. And wow! The result looked fantastic!

I think surely we girls must all have that moment we see ourselves in the mirror, in a new dress, and have that "Wow! this is perfect!" moment. I looked, and my mind blanked the podgy old male and instead saw the shapes and curves of a fantastic dress and at the same time felt an outpouring of being feminine. I just loved the dress! I love it now! I would (if I could) wear that dress down the street going shopping, though I can't.

I am so excited about having a dress that is 'ME' that I just wanted to share it. Hope you don't mind!

Hugs!

Eve

• Forum Moderator

I certainly understand your excitement so please don't feel bad about sharing. i've had a few like yours and a few that didn't fit. the good buys are wonderful.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Eve,

Congratulations on that perfect purchase!

Dresses are my favorite clothing. Can't count how many I have, and now I can be picky. When I try it on, if it doesn't pop, it goes back!

Love, Megan

Guest Megan_Lynn

What is wrong with you? you should know better then to tease us talking about new cloths and not share pics of the cloths... the horror of it all..lol

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Eve :)

I like to hear when things are good but do agree with Megan a little - it does conjure up a picture lol. I find things scary at times but I love to be out and show my style (perhaps have got none but a girl's got to impress ;) )

I don't know how you find space. I was looking at summer dresses yesterday but thinking 'I have nowhere to put one' so would have to purge others! Like others there are many things hardly worn so time to sort.

Good luck to many more fine purchases, making you look and feel good!

Tracy x

Guest RachelnPa

Eve,

There is no better feeling then getting a new dress and it fits perfect. I love it when I order a new dress or skirt set and when they arrive they fit and look perfect. Congratulations on your perfect fitting dress.

Hugs,

Rachel

Guest *Charlotte P*

Wonderful Eve!!!

I haven't found a dress that does that for me yet, but a couple of blouses have evoked the same reaction!! it is wonderful!

Hugs.

Charlotte

Guest Eve Caillard

Oops - I ought to, but I have simply not had the time, nor an empty house. I promise I will share a picture when I get the chance! Does that let me off the hook?

Eve

Guest Eve Caillard

Space? I don't. Each purchase just gets squeezed into a wardrobe fit to burst. I really have to stop.

Guest Roberta-Belinda

Glad you are happy with the dress. I bought a dress like that last year its brown and glittery and sparkly. I can't stop wearing it. It fits perfectly. Sadly I bought another dress in Next a few weeks later that doesn't fit me at all. It is far too tight. It is high time I bought something new. It will have to be summer dress now. I am not that keen on summer fashions. I tend to like the autumn and winter fashions when I can wear a nice dress with some fab tights.

Guest Amandatf3378

I love this topic. My dresses are my favorite.I love ebay for dresses.in fact I just recieved leopard print with black stripes and 3\4 sleeves. Itis a totally fem experience to slip on a new dress for the first time.I do tend to be drawn to fall fashions myself.

• Forum Moderator

Hard at work today!

I have a summer dress which I got a couple of years ago. It has always seemed a little tight round the shoulders and when one of the straps became detached a couple of days ago when I was trying it on I realised that it was really too small and I would be risking things a little to wear it out and about. When I bought it it was just for modelling purposes for my drawing - I have never worn it in public.

I decided to turn it into a skirt today so cut the top off and stitched the waist. It has an elasticated waist so I did not have to sort the fit. I do not have a sewing machine but it only took around a hour and a half. I am very pleased with the result - a knee length summer skirt that fits. I look forward to wearing it.

Tracy

• Admin

A buying hint is that normally our torso will need the size larger than our hips do. I am fine with 2X for skirts and most soft cloth slacks, but need 3X for my dresses and tops. Jeans and tailored slacks also tend to be in the larger sizes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest saffron

I know that feeling all too well. :-) I bought my first dress about a year ago. A gorgeous 50's style silver grey satin and chiffon party dress. from the second I saw it I had to have it. by pure chance I guessed the size right and it fitted perfectly. I felt awesome when I tried it on. nothing I ever buy in the future will be able to match that feeling. I also didn't see the balding 40 odd year old male. I saw me for the first time.

A buying hint is that normally our torso will need the size larger than our hips do. I am fine with 2X for skirts and most soft cloth slacks, but need 3X for my dresses and tops. Jeans and tailored slacks also tend to be in the larger sizes.

I know what you mean. Its like the dress fits backwards. I'm a Medium (7) size dress but my waist is a size small (5). Only a 7 because my shoulders are a 7. But if you get a dress where the bottom is puffy it doesn't matter as much. I wish I could make my hips bigger.

Guest AshleighP

Thanks for sharing this. I know the feeling of getting something new, looking at yourself in the mirror and thinking "this is exactly what i was looking for". So few pleasures in life, take advantage of even the small ones like a new dress! Good for you! Enjoy.

P.S. Now you've given me the urge to go shopping :thumbsup: