• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A very emotional birthday

Guest Bug90

Guest Bug90

On April 21 me and my GF of 5 years had a nasty fight witch ended up with her driving off and me riding my bike down to my moms house with a few days of supplies. When i got there me and my mom talked about the problems between me and my GF after a half hour or so i asked her if we could go for a drive and talk privately. We drove to the church up the street and parked the car and (shaking and ready to dry heave) i told her about my continued cross dressing (she caught me as a kid a few times) and my gender identity problems. She was not at all shocked and more or less "about time". We then got out of the car and walked around the church grounds and talked about me and what i felt now and growing up and she asked me if i wanted to meet one of her friends that was transgendered, I told her yes but i would need a day to get my thought in order.

On April 22, my 24 birthday, i woke up showered and dressed for the day went up stairs were my mom and her friend were talking. My mom introduced me to her friend Dominique and we started talking about my self and she told me a bit about her self and her transition journey. After 20 mins or so she asked me one question "do you have a name" i giggled and with out hesitation said "Liara, Liara W.". I had that name in my had for some time now, i never said it out load and rarely even thought about it with the belief that if i did it would make it real... it did. It shocked my mom and showed her that this was real. A few minutes latter i was on the phone with my GF telling her that we needed to separate, that i could not be the man that she needed me to be. She begged me to come home and we could make things up and i told we could not.

Now I am living with my mom taking care of my daughter on my weekends and working to free my self from this cage named Nathan, and i fill great the only time i have been happier in my life was at the birth of my beautiful daughter. I have started to go for bike rides or walks every day and eating better and less and have given up any and all alcohol (have had a ton of suicidal thoughts and decide that 1400mg of ibuprofen and yager was a good bed time tonic). I have opened up to my therapist far more than i ever have and he is very understanding and helpful. I can't wait to become the person who i know i am.

Edited by Bug90
End of name removed to maintain anonymity.
  • Forum Moderator

Liara i am sorry that your girlfriend cannot accept you as you are. It isn't odd that you made this decision on your birthday. I went full time on my 63rd birthday. It was the best thing i've ever done. It hasn't been easy but with time it only gets better. Hopefully your birthday will bring you many happy returns.

Hugs,

Charlize

Congratulations, Liara. Being your authentic self is very liberating. I came out almost nine years ago at age fifty-six. I've never been happier. Now I am complete.

:score::thumbsup:

P.S.- love your name.

• Admin

That is a very uplifting story, Liara. I am so happy for you, and proud of you. You have turned a corner on your life, and I'm glad to hear that your mother has an open mind and open heart.

Best of luck on your journey, hon. A belated Happy Birthday to you, too. :superman::score:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie