• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Poor Forecast but Beautiful Day

tracy_j

• Forum Moderator

A bit of a mixed day today!

I have been on leave all week but the weather has been poor so I have not really been out. I was looking forward to sorting an outfit and getting to the coast today as the weather forecast was good with sunshine predicted.

A couple of days back my partner, who has not been well and not wanting to go out said that it would be a good idea to go to the sea today and suggested that her sister come along as well. I did not have any issues with that (a good idea) but in respect of her not wanting to be about in public locally with me dressed so feminine, I would be dressed fully male (although I still use some makeup).

I have been feeling down for several days now and was uncertain but the day passed far better than I expected! My partner was happy all day with her sister as they discussed family and other feminine things. It was good to be there and be in the discussion. Her sister and myself had time discussing clothes shopping, dressing and other more typically female things. Although my partner is roughly accepting it is seldom we can talk about it (my partner discusses little).

All in all it probably meant more to me to spend this time in a female setting than actually dressing as such.

It does not happen often but these occasions really help me know who I am!

Tracy