• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

WATCH: Fox Station Sends Transphobic Reporter to Slander Md. Trans Law

Guest Carla_Davis

• Admin

It's Fox News so that's about what I expect from them.

My thoughts, exactly. :agreed:

Carolyn Marie

Guest LesleyAnne

I'm sorry, didn't you know that they are actually known as Faux News!..........

I go to Faux News for my comedy, and I go to Comedy Central for real news. lol

Faux News is only good for spreading Murdock's narrow view of the world, none of his people have a thought of their own (they aren't allowed to). They are not paid to think they are paid to be parrots . None of them actually refer to themselves as journalists (they are careful when asked if they are journalists, they are quick to respond that they are commentators), that gives them the license to be bias, and not give a fair and balanced report, as they claim. From what I understand is that their FCC License has them listed as an entertainment channel, and not a news channel. They are there strictly to stir up their audiences hate mongering.

Sad really.......

Guest princessofdarkness

She writes "So Media Matters says I'm 'transphobic fear-mongering'--whatever that means" (even though to someone with an understanding of the English language, it's transparently clear what it means).

Of course she doesn't know what that means. And she certainly doesn't care to learn what it means. I means you're a bigot, and you profit off that bigotry. Our media loves to reward this disgusting display of ignorance. Because it doesn't matter how much you know about a subject, she clearly knows nothing about gender identity, all that matters is that you have the airwaves to get your voice heard, and people will confuse said 'journalist' for an expert. It makes me sick to think someone will nod in agreement with that transphobic individual, and probably feel validated that someone in the media can be just as hateful as them.

Makes me angry, makes me sick, but mostly it just makes me sad. I don't want these hatemongers to ever get me down, certainly I don't want to ever be filled with hate, but people like her, this "journalist" with her "expertise" in gender issues (meaning she'll say whatever she wants with no evidence, science, or compassion to hold her back) just make me frown on our whole society's setup. What I really wish is that Emily Miller (said "journalist") would meet some of the people she's spreading public fear against. If she knew us, knew out struggles, then she'd realize how wrong she's been and seek forgiveness.

But she's not interested in what we have to say...